PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Connor McGregor's cryptic message?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you are talking about using a Muay Thai stance to deliver "quick burst combos" tells me you have no idea how Muay Thai functions. A Muay Thai stance would limit your boxing defense, limit your feet mobility, limit your ability to level change, and take power away from your rear punching hand. How is that a good idea in a boxing match?

I dont know much about Greco Roman wrestling, but I trained Muay Thai for several years on the same team as Gilbert Melendez where I faught several amateurs. Your theory lacks understanding of martial arts beyond that of a casual fan and the more detailed you try to get, the more clear this is.

You're under the impression that there's a single "muay thai stance" and you're pretending you know what you're talking about? There are at least 3 of them that could be sparingly applied in boxing in certain situations (to reiterate, since you clearly missed it the first couple of times: sparingly, mixed in with other stances) - and yes, these stances do allow for quick and powerful strikes. Not all muay thai stances have the his facing forward, either.

But I'm sure your buddy Gilbert Melendez told you that. Maybe you can get him to give you a shout out on Twitter.

The entire martial art of Muay Thai is designed around getting quick, precision strikes with various parts of your body as a weapon

That being said, it's an entirely different fighting stance designed to heavily incorporate kicks and knees

I disagree that the muay Thai stance hinders your quickness and mobility.. When you train, there is a constant emphasis on mobility and constantly moving around similar to boxing

If you try to fight with a muay Thai stance/style in a pure boxing match tho you would be at a disadvantage under boxing rules... but I'll take a trained muay Thai fighter over a trained boxer in a street fight all day every day

McGregor fights at 155 lbs but he cuts to get to that weight. He walks around at 170-175 lbs. Whereas Mayweather will have to gain weight to get to 154. Fighters usually gain all of their weight after the weigh-in since they can rehydrate. He'll have about 20 lbs on him on fight night.
Speaking of walking around. Any day in Manhattan you can see the usual sort of shirtless guys. The guy on the right is a bodyguard (work with his Aunt).

McGregor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents