PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJY the Jets troll

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
You were the better team tonight.

You came into our house and backed up your talk.

Your defense was absolutely great today.

I'll eat my crow now.

Not handing over the crown of the division. Our team is set up for long term success and so is yours. I look forward to the future of this rivalry.

You were the better team tonight.

You came into our house and backed up your talk.

Your defense was absolutely great today.

I'll eat my crow now.

Not handing over the crown of the division. Our team is set up for long term success and so is yours. I look forward to the future of this rivalry.

I don't think the Jets played any better than the last time the teams met. The Pats just played that awful. Jets fans should enjoy this. They're not winning a championship.

Phuck the Jets and their fans. Enjoy the win because it's only going to pump them up until Sanchez loses the next game for them. Go Packers.

Phuck the Jets and their fans. Enjoy the win because it's only going to pump them up until Sanchez loses the next game for them. Go Packers.

Now what would LT say about that comment..... not classy. ;)

Jets made us look bad tonight. Their defense was great, not that our offense was bad. Their offense made timely plays and their 2 big acquisition wideouts debunked the myth that great wideouts aren't necessary.

This one stings and will for a long time but let's take the high road. They earned it.

Jets played well enough to not lose.. the Patriots on the other hand.

Congrats to the Jets. They did what you need to do in 50-50 games.. win.

Jest D brought it. For once. Well done.
Our young secondary will get better; Jest get older and older.

Now what would LT say about that comment..... not classy. ;)

Jets made us look bad tonight. Their defense was great, not that our offense was bad. Their offense made timely plays and their 2 big acquisition wideouts debunked the myth that great wideouts aren't necessary.

This one stings and will for a long time but let's take the high road. They earned it.

I'd congratulate most any other team and their fan base, but the Jets and their fans deserve nothing more than a one finger salute and a kick in the groin.

I don't think the Jets played any better than the last time the teams met. The Pats just played that awful. Jets fans should enjoy this. They're not winning a championship.

I doubt that they can beat the Packers, but honestly I had some doubts that the Pats would if they made it that far. They can definitely beat the Steelers and the Bears, though, so a SB is definitely in play for the Jets.

And I'm with the OP: congrats to the Jets. One of the most discouraging trends over the past two years is that I still enjoy the Pats, but only because they're the Pats, in a lot of cases. 2001-2008 (not just the SB years, but also the few years that followed), it was a great time to be a Pats fan because, honestly, even if I hadn't been a Pats fan I'd be a Pats fans. Brady, Belichick, Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, McGinest, Faulk, Law... they embodied all of the things that I liked about football. Even in 2007, during and after SB42, they made it 99% of the way to perfection and went down swinging. 2005, 2006, and 2007 (and even 2008, I suppose) all ended badly, but I was proud of those teams even as they lost.

These last two years, though, the way that the season has ended has been a disgrace. The Pats have come up small on their home field, and been beaten decisively by teams that, for all of their thuggery and trash talk, flat-out wanted it more and beat us with pure physicality.

So yeah, I'm not even sure where I'm going with this (I'm really drunk), except to say that I'll always be a Pats fan because they're the Pats, but I'm rapidly approaching the point where I like and support them more because of the logo than anything else. They don't embody the philosophy or mentality that I admire in teams anymore, and while that's kinda disappointing, it also kinda just makes me appreciate the last decade more. Just goes to show how lucky we were to watch those teams, and how apparently unsustainable it was.

On a side note, these Jets would be an extremely likable team if they didn't talk so damn much. But they do, so they're not. Oh well.

Last edited:
Congrats to the J-E-T-S! Mrs. Rover's a Jets fan, so at least somebody's happy here. :D We'll be back... this is a great young team.

Now, Jets, go smack Pitt!

The worst part is having to listen to the Jets players now. Nothing like winning with class right guys.

Congratualtions to Jets fans.

A win is a win, and a loss is a loss. I didn't expect this game to be close, but I didn't think we were going to lose. Jets did more than enough to win. Our O-line was dominated (again, I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of threads about this :rolleyes:). Sanchez managed to not suck, and the Jets basically backed up all their trash talk. I still hate the Jets, but they deserve congratulations for kicking our ass.

That said, go NFC! And on to next season...

Congrats to the jets. Going to be a really long off season. 3 years with no playoff victories and 2 one & dones.

F the jets and F their fans..they are scum..always have been and always will be

Congrats to the Jets, Their defense played great and theiroffense played better than the Pats.

F@@@ the jests

Lock this thread please and ban the op imo. :eek:

Jets took it to us. No denying it. They won the turnover battle -- plus one or plus two depending on how you look at the turnover on downs after the fake punt, which I think was the play of the game. That was big for us this year.

To go on the road and play mistake free football and also to have that answering drive after the Patriots cut it to 3 is what winning teams do. It looks like, for better or worse, we now have a real rivalry in the division. Rex is 4-1 in the playoffs in two years, all on the road and and I think an underdog in every game. No hardware yet, but that's a pretty good first two years and Belichickian. He's repulsive, but you have to give him his due.

This one hurts very bad. This is about where I thought we'd end up at the beginning of the year, but they gave me hope to expect more. Bummer.

That's simply not true (that the Jets didn't play any better this time). I'd love to say that the refs screwed us, or the that Pats played terribly without being challenged by the Jets and the Jets were lucky, but none of that is true. Sure, the Pats played poorly at times, but a lot of that was due to the Jets playing really well and they deserved to win. I hate the Jets with every fiber of my being, just as Jets fans hate our team, but to say that they played the same as they did in December here is being in denial. The Jets beat a very good team because they were better than our team today, and I won't diminish their effort today. Their fans should be proud of them. I hope Pitt beats them next week and that Pitt loses in the SB, but the fact is that both of those teams will play next week and we won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents