PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Concerned about 2nd half performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been brought up, but is anyone else concerned about our performances in the 2nd half of games this year?

I've noticed that we kind of stink this year in the second half. In the past the 2nd half of games used to be our strong half, as BB and crew would make adjustments, and pretty much shut out the opponent. However, it seems this year we are the ones getting out-adjusted (if thats a word). The games that spring to mind where we screwed the pooch in the 2nd half are:

1. Jets - Felt we had the game in hand in the first half, then the 2nd half they made good adjustments, scored a bunch and won.
2. Ravens - Up by 10 at the half and then in the 2nd half let them get within 3.
3. Broncos - Up by 10 at the half, and end up losing the game.
4. Indy - Dont think I need to say anything on this game.
5. Jets - Up 24-0 at one point and then let them score a quick 14. We still ended up winning comfortably, but still had me a bit nervous after the Jets 2nd TD.

So in half the games this season we've done well in the first half, and then let the opposing team come back in the second half to either win or make it close and stressful.

I dunno, has me a bit concerned that we're not putting games away in the 2nd half like BB used to be known for doing.

Patriots at their best...expect HUGE 2nd half from the Pats

Patriots at their best...expect HUGE 2nd half from the Pats

I hope so (just as I hoped during the Colts game) but would like to see it before I believe it.

My opinion is that most opponent's (sans Bucs and Titans) second half adjustments have been significantly better than that of the Pats.

So, count me among those worried about our second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back