PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comp picks for 2023:

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So from what I’m understanding (and have read) due to JC’s injury, what was initially
So from what I’m understanding (and have read) due to JC’s injury, what was initially thought to be a 3rd round comp pick will now be a 4th.

Also noticed that Karras is projected to net us a 6th, but also that Bolden may be possibly landing us an extra 7th now.

Weighing that all out, our picks next year will be:

3. (Via CAR, original pick traded)
4. (LAR pick)
4 (COMP)
*No 5th (traded to BAL)*
6. (CAR)
6. (Via LV)
6. (Comp pick)
7. Comp pick (original pick traded)

Sounds right? This totals 11 picks. Pretty good haul overall, that 4th round looks extra meaty. Definitely would like to see some OL depth built in that round.

Last edited:
That’s about the size of it. The pats definitely can build some depth!

Plenty of assets to trade up into the 5th round too. There will be a lot to throw against the wall to see what sticks.

So from what I’m understanding (and have read) due to JC’s injury, what was initially
So from what I’m understanding (and have read) due to JC’s injury, what was initially thought to be a 3rd round comp pick will now be a 4th.

Also noticed that Karras is projected to net us a 6th, but also that Bolden may be possibly landing us an extra 7th now.

Weighing that all out, our picks next year will be:

3. (Via CAR, original pick traded)
4. (LAR pick)
4 (COMP)
*No 5th (traded to BAL)*
6. (CAR)
6. (Via LV)
6. (Comp pick)
7. Comp pick (original pick traded)

Sounds right? This totals 11 picks. Pretty good haul overall, that 4th round looks extra meaty. Definitely would like to see some OL depth built in that round.
How many in top 100?

It's decent draft capital. Thanks to the Rams and Panthers bad seasons those picks are both very high in the 3/4th round.

I look forward to those 6s being used on a new punter and kicker.

It's decent draft capital. Thanks to the Rams and Panthers bad seasons those picks are both very high in the 3/4th round.

I look forward to Undrafted Free Agency being used on a new punter and kicker.

fify

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back