PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Commanders DC Jack Del Rio fined $100,000 for saying Jan 6 was a dustup compared to riots of the summer of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a 1st amendment issue. Other than that, I agree with Joe, it's a sad, pathetic world right now.

Not a 1st amendment issue. Other than that, I agree with Joe, it's a sad, pathetic world right now.

No freedom of speech?

What rule did he break?
Or can they just fine anyone for saying anything?

Nobody fines Steve Kerr for shooting off his mouth in the NBA.

God Bless this league. Integrity!!

He's not wrong but that's beside the point. The fact he's being fined $100K for voicing his opinion on that is disgusting. How dare he go against state propaganda and the beliefs of every billion dollar, rainbow colored logo corporation. Save me the bullsh*t excuses some of you will have to justify it. I've seen coaches and players make plenty of dumb political comments I disagree with, but it never crossed my mind to think they should be fined for saying or posting them.

Yes, it's downright hilarious and you are frighteningly ignorant. Now give it a rest, the Celtics are leading by five halfway through the third.

How did those Celts do tonight?

Who is your favorite of the gag & choke twins….. Tatum & Brown ????

I never see guys with so much talent absolutely wilt when it matters.
It is like watching Buckner in game 6 over & over.

Really?
Is there a NFL rule that you need to support the peaceful protesters that caused billions in arson damages?

Where does it end?

What if your boss is a Jets fan?
You want to get fined or fired for supporting the Patriots?
The main point of my post is that anything political turns into a never ending pissing contest. Doesn't matter which "side" you're on it always happens.

I was nodding along until he said "dust-up." Didn't live up to his own demand of judging both events by the same standard.

The main point of my post is that anything political turns into a never ending pissing contest. Doesn't matter which "side" you're on it always happens.

You’re correct but do we just ignore things
That are debatable?

I was nodding along until he said "dust-up." Didn't live up to his own demand of judging both events by the same standard.

So the word dust-up justifies a 100k fine?
What rule did he break?

What’s next ?

We going to lose Belichick for a playoff game for texting a reply to Trump?

It looks like the first amendment is out the
The first amendment says:
Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
That is not the same thing as "anyone can say anything they want without fear of repercussions."

I didn’t think they could limit your speech if it wasn’t work related, racist, sexist

It seems like they have a much broader reach that can be exploited to punish whoever they want & vague enough to ignore violations they approve of.
It is total BS

Rivera said that Jan6 could not be compared to peaceful protests.

That may be true, but many people died during those peaceful protests & billions were lost to arson. Not sure when murder & arson became peaceful

Anyone that is curious ….

Last edited:
Peaceful protest

Welp, this thread is going on the ol' ignore list.

A private employer can do what they want, but IMO a 100K fine is way over the top for someone expressing their political views. He was essentially fined for expressing a viewpoint that’s not popular or woke enough.

Last edited:
I think all that needs to be said on this matter has been said at this point - gonna lock this thread now. It's off-topic to Pats news, anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back