PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Subvert Injury Reporting Rules on Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost looks like he winces in pain before he knows he is about to get hit. It was Hasselbeck.
No doubt trying to remain the starter ;)

But the Pats did nothing wrong whereas the Colts intentionally violated a rule. While you are right, the whole rule should just be abandoned, I don't think they should be let off easily (but they probably will be) after all the crap they helped put the Pats through.

Speaking purely in karmic terms, sure, I guess they 'should' be stripped of a first rounder and deal with everyone calling them cheaters and trying to invalidate their 'accomplishments' for the next year. But let's be honest at least, the only reason anyone wants that at all is because people want to get even and give them a dose of their own medicine.

If the Pats were under the microscope for the same thing, nobody here would be saying they intentionally violated a rule and shouldn't be let off easy. We'd be complaining that anything beyond a token punishment was unjust, and that it was a ridiculous non-controversy. And we would be right. Just like it's a ridiculous non-controversy now.

As much as I hate the Colts, I can't bring myself to care about this. No matter how much of a bunch of hypocritical crybabies the Colts, their FO, and their fans are, I can't bring myself to sink to their level and pretend this is a big deal for the sake of my own petty agenda.

All that matters to me is that I wouldn't care if the Pats did the same to protect Brady's ribs. The Colts made the right call, and I can't summon up any indignation over placing their QB's health over the betting interests of the gambling public. The only real outrage I can feel brewing here is that the NFL claimed the injury report rules vital to the integrity of the league. Which will put them in a really weird spot when they decline to give the Colts anything more than a slap on the wrist, while simultaneously appealing the Brady decision in court because 'integrity'.

Speaking purely in karmic terms, sure, I guess they 'should' be stripped of a first rounder and deal with everyone calling them cheaters and trying to invalidate their 'accomplishments' for the next year. But let's be honest at least, the only reason anyone wants that at all is because people want to get even and give them a dose of their own medicine.

If the Pats were under the microscope for the same thing, nobody here would be saying they intentionally violated a rule and shouldn't be let off easy. We'd be complaining that anything beyond a token punishment was unjust, and that it was a ridiculous non-controversy. And we would be right. Just like it's a ridiculous non-controversy now.

As much as I hate the Colts, I can't bring myself to care about this. No matter how much of a bunch of hypocritical crybabies the Colts, their FO, and their fans are, I can't bring myself to sink to their level and pretend this is a big deal for the sake of my own petty agenda.

All that matters to me is that I wouldn't care if the Pats did the same to protect Brady's ribs. The Colts made the right call, and I can't summon up any indignation over placing their QB's health over the betting interests of the gambling public. The only real outrage I can feel brewing here is that the NFL claimed the injury report rules vital to the integrity of the league. Which will put them in a really weird spot when they decline to give the Colts anything more than a slap on the wrist, while simultaneously appealing the Brady decision in court because 'integrity'.

Your last sentence is the key

Think about what the Jets and NFL did to the Patriots just last week when the Patriots were doing what they are required to do. Oh I don't care about injury reports or texting on the sideline either but I intend on being a massive PIA about every little thing creating as big of a storm as possible because that is what Mr Goodell has warranted. The Colts are fragrantly breaking the rules and worse lying about it. They can say they misinterpreted the rules but we know what that results in, a 1st round lost. Elways and the Bengals both broke the rules this very weekend and were illegally using recording devices on the sideline. These things are facts (probably ;)) There is no need to be the bigger person as all that gets is incidents like last Sunday. Make their lives as difficult as possible and jump on everything.

They should just come out and admit that they did it! We could all move past it then. They're only making it worse!

Agreed, and if the league decides to confiscate a 1st round pick you should just take your medicine, move on, and STOP CHEATING!!!

Seems I read that someplace for for other incident or such.

I highlighted the part of your post that confused me.

What would those be?

For what its worth i watched tony kornhieser say that the league should go after the colts and give them the harshest penalty they can. he went on to say that the colts went to the league about the pats cheating and started framgate, so its only right that if they're cheating that they be held to the same standard. He read an e-mail from Grigson complaining about the pats deflating the balls and calling on the leauge to protect the shield and the integrity of the game, it was unexpected. i know i'm Not suppose to be watching bspn, but someone has to do it every once in awhile.

Last edited:
Think about what the Jets and NFL did to the Patriots just last week when the Patriots were doing what they are required to do. Oh I don't care about injury reports or texting on the sideline either but I intend on being a massive PIA about every little thing creating as big of a storm as possible because that is what Mr Goodell has warranted. The Colts are fragrantly breaking the rules and worse lying about it. They can say they misinterpreted the rules but we know what that results in, a 1st round lost. Elways and the Bengals both broke the rules this very weekend and were illegally using recording devices on the sideline. These things are facts (probably ;)) There is no need to be the bigger person as all that gets is incidents like last Sunday. Make their lives as difficult as possible and jump on everything.
Oh they're fragrant all right. They stink to high heavens! :)

This was an intent to deceive NFL officials on the part of the Colts, which is the equivalent of a masking agent, and thus this deserves a six game suspension. The fallout from ribgate will fracture the Colts' season.

Well, I'm not going to get all broken up about it.

For what its worth i watched tony kornhieser say that the league should go after the colts and give them the harshest penalty they can. he went on to say that the colts went to the league about the pats cheating and started framgate, so its only right that if they're cheating that they be held to the same standard. He read an e-mail from Grigson complaining about the pats deflating the balls and calling on the leauge to protect the shield and the integrity of the game, it was unexpected. and i know i'm Not suppose to be watching bspn, but someone has to do it every once in awhile.
I am in shock.

Oh they're fragrant all right. They stink to high heavens! :)
I missed that typo. I'm leaving it in though, Spellcheck makes all things smell good. :)

For what its worth i watched tony kornhieser say that the league should go after the colts and give them the harshest penalty they can. he went on to say that the colts went to the league about the pats cheating and started framegate, so its only right that if they're cheating that they be held to the same standard. He read an e-mail from Grigson complaining about the pats deflating the balls and calling on the leauge to protect the shield and the integrity of the game, it was unexpected. and i know i'm Not suppose to be watching bspn, but someone has to do it every once in awhile.

That show with Kornholer, like a few others, was one of the shows that I would tape and watch later. I enjoyed it. I haven't seen it since Framegate and I never will again.

Whatever you say cheatwong OOOOOOOOOHHH ;)

Now that you're here Cheatrilicious, I just want to let you know that Johnny U might be rolling in his grave over being linked with that team in Indy.

Now that you're here Cheatrilicious, I just want to let you know that Johnny U might be rolling in his grave over being linked with that team in Indy.

You may have a point there, cheatteensixty pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back