PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Cut Griff Whalen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8est

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Colts drop Whalen from IR

I remember reading a Colts fan's comments somewhere after the punt bumble that he thought that if the Pats ever had a chance to get Whalen they should jump on it as he could be a Pats-type slot receiver tailor -made for their offense.

I am not familiar enough with his game to say, but maybe some of our resident draft experts might.

There was a reason. We just don't know what it was. What we do know is that the coaches felt he wasn't a fit right now and their track record is pretty damn good at this stuff.

The pats definitely know a bad WR when they sign one. The problem is before the signing. ;)

Colts drop Whalen from IR

I remember reading a Colts fan's comments somewhere after the punt bumble that he thought that if the Pats ever had a chance to get Whalen they should jump on it as he could be a Pats-type slot receiver tailor -made for their offense.

I am not familiar enough with his game to say, but maybe some of our resident draft experts might.

He is kinda like Dola but faster, apparent reliable hands from moments I have seen him. No sizzle, but smooth and can help.
Maybe too late, but if Dola or Edelman is not a go, I don't see how it will hurt.

There was a reason. We just don't know what it was. What we do know is that the coaches felt he wasn't a fit right now and their track record is pretty damn good at this stuff.

They spent 9 months with a guy who didn't know where to line up. Maybe they didn't want to waste the time this late in the year.

Seems like the type of guy who thrives here, but it's awful late in the year.

Wonder why they cut him. Need to make room for next year's first round WR?

To be clear, they didn't cut him per se; they reached an injury settlement (he was on IR).

Who knows if he's even ready to play.

Seems like the type of guy who thrives here, but it's awful late in the year.
Agree. Would wanna look at him for next year.

If healthy, he seems like he'd be an upgrade from Harper.

Even better if he had an off-season/pre-season to work with Brady.

He went to Stanford so he is likely another intelligent player that the Pats like.

I wonder how much ribbing he would take in the locker room for punt bumble snafu.......... I like the idea of signing him with the thought to see if he has anything for next year...

They spent 9 months with a guy who didn't know where to line up. Maybe they didn't want to waste the time this late in the year.
Pure guess but I think that was the case here. Just not enough time.

The word was they planned to resign him after the Dolphins game they got too cute with the roster.
Chris im in no way related to Alvin Harper either cant create seperation on his routes or Brady doesnt trust him and doesnt even look his way on the field.

Very similar numbers to Amendola. Dola has a .09 second quicker 3 cone, but Whalen kills him in in the vertical jump at 36 1/2.

Would love to see the kid in here next training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes