PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cold hard football facts take on DefameGate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good good. Hoping that the papers the owners read will alert the masses to the hubris of the NFL. Only then can the mistake prove to truly be fatal to Goodell.

Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell and the mighty NFL endeavored to destroy the reputation of one of its all-time great players. In doing so, the NFL chiseled away at the foundation of its own integrity ... apparently without realizing it.

Nice job, NFL.

Was only missing a dropped mic at the close. Otherwise, perfect.

I usually have a hard time understanding CHFF, particularly their DOVA.. but this is easily understandable..

Great stuff! I know at this point in framegate with it being in court, it's about the CBA and if the punishments were applied properly. But the heart of the matter is Brady is completely innocent, only blind haters, idiots, and lazy headline reading-I'm shocked and outraged by everything-types.. are still going on about ZOMG cchzeeaterzz!! What about those poooor footballs!!! HE SMASHED HIS PHONE!!

I'm channeling my inner Joker here (much respect).. What if it's as simple as that pea-brained, dictator douce-nozell thinking- If I can suspend one of the greatest players EVER, for absolutely nothing, AND get away with it.. I can literally do anything.

One way or another Rog needs to go..

Okay rant over.. grabbing another brewski, CHEERS!

Great stuff! I know at this point in framegate with it being in court, it's about the CBA and if the punishments were applied properly. But the heart of the matter is Brady is completely innocent, only blind haters, idiots, and lazy headline reading-I'm shocked and outraged by everything-types.. are still going on about ZOMG cchzeeaterzz!! What about those poooor footballs!!! HE SMASHED HIS PHONE!!

I'm channeling my inner Joker here (much respect).. What if it's as simple as that pea-brained, dictator douce-nozell thinking- If I can suspend one of the greatest players EVER, for absolutely nothing, AND get away with it.. I can literally do anything.

One way or another Rog needs to go..

Okay rant over.. grabbing another brewski, CHEERS!

More than ever, I'm extremely confident that all Brady needs to do to "settle" is to offer neutral arbitration. There's no way that a neutral arbitrator could look at any of this and conclude that there's any basis at all for punishing Brady.

I'm hoping the settlement negotiations are going something like this scene from one of the most quotable movies of all time.

rRhAs8D.jpg

More than ever, I'm extremely confident that all Brady needs to do to "settle" is to offer neutral arbitration. There's no way that a neutral arbitrator could look at any of this and conclude that there's any basis at all for punishing Brady.

Yes, that's what I've been saying as well for the last two days. My only twist on it is that Brady offer to submit to "binding arbitration with an arbiter chosen by Judge Berman." That's the last thing the NFL wants. It is a reasonable offer and one that can only be construed as well within the spirit of good faith cooperation towards a settlement.

The NFL's only option will be to exonerate Brady or face an ugly scene in open court. I think panic may be setting in at 345 Park and the offices of Paul Weiss.

In the words of Justice Brandeis, "Publicity is justly commended as a remedy for social and industrial diseases. Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the most efficient policeman."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes