PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coaching has been horrible down the stretch and stupid today

I hope Patricia gets a head coaching job so he's out of here. I think he's terrible, with his constant 3 man rushes that fail time and time again.

I'm fine with Josh staying, it's hard to game plan and call creative plays when your oline can't block.

It was just one guy getting beat where you can send him help, the whole oline was getting beat repeatedly.

Agreed this team stilll should have won today despite the ol getting destroyed. The defense and gronk almost stole it for us and probably should have. Some very questionable coaching mistakes at key points cost us, in game and the whole not caring about hfa. No chance we lose this at gillette.

I hope we can the whole conservative on d first series every game. They played lights out almost after that stupid series. From that point...13 pa, 7 points were purely on brady and 3 came off a drive starting near middield. We matched up well with their o, should have shut them down totally, and basically spotted them 7 with the conservative bs.

Despite the struggles this team is too good all around to lose to a team with no offense.

There's also a good chance the patriots would've got that one yard. It obviously didn't happen, but there was a good chance bud.

Denver's D is 1rst against the pass and 3rd in the league against the run. They were crapping on us all game long. They knew we were going to put the ball in Brady's hands and not chance it with a run that might get stuffed hence, one reason why their DB stuck to his spot. Pats had all the reason in the world to kick the 3 right then and there.

The problems with this team was the OL and injuries which affected the ability of the coaches to call the plays they are accustomed to . Can we fix the OL with Solder coming back? I don't know. Could we have beaten Panthers or the Cards? Not sure with the way we are presently limping. Brady was too beaten up today. We have had a long two years. Just too injured.

Just have to say special teams has totally sucked this year. That needs to change.

Your reply makes no sense? 5 minutes later they would have clinched a Super Bowl birth?? "scratching head"

How in the world can you assume that EVERYTHING would have gone exactly the same after the FG try ? If you wanna play the imaginary game then I say that Denver might have scored a TD on a return after the FG kickoff. Special teams have been crap all year and also this year.. so why not ?

Why are people so naive to assume that everything would go EXACTLY the same during the rest of the game if we actually hit a FG ?

Again.. I don't mind that you disagree with what BB did. I just hate how you trivialize it and call it a stupid decision. But you have already proven that you have no real argument except for your imaginary world where the ending of the game would have been completely identical.

You take the points and trust your D to hold. Anytime you have a chance to take points on that tough D, you do it, otherwise you're left in a difficult situation where you have to score a TD AND a 2 point conversion against a super bowl caliber defense.
Agree you take the three there. And at that point the Pats D had really tightened up.

Agreed this team stilll should have won today despite the ol getting destroyed. The defense and gronk almost stole it for us and probably should have. Some very questionable coaching mistakes at key points cost us, in game and the whole not caring about hfa. No chance we lose this at gillette.

I hope we can the whole conservative on d first series every game. They played lights out almost after that stupid series. From that point...13 pa, 7 points were purely on brady and 3 came off a drive starting near middield. We matched up well with their o, should have shut them down totally, and basically spotted them 7 with the conservative bs.

Despite the struggles this team is too good all around to lose to a team with no offense.
Such a great post. You are right on. Personally I thought the Cincy loss was the key to our ultimate downfall. KC would have smashed Denver. But alas , Cincy has gotta Cincy...

So the big question... Does Bill Belichick know sports?

How in the world can you assume that EVERYTHING would have gone exactly the same after the FG try ? If you wanna play the imaginary game then I say that Denver might have scored a TD on a return after the FG kickoff. Special teams have been crap all year and also this year.. so why not ?

Why are people so naive to assume that everything would go EXACTLY the same during the rest of the game if we actually hit a FG ?

Again.. I don't mind that you disagree with what BB did. I just hate how you trivialize it and call it a stupid decision. But you have already proven that you have no real argument except for your imaginary world where the ending of the game would have been completely identical.
The biggest point is that, even at 20-20 (TD + 2 PC), you have to score a second time to win the game. You have to. Why not get one of them out of the way?

I love belichick, but he is a big reason we aren't in the SB right now. If he just treated HFA with the importance it deserved, that alone could have been the difference. Let alone his coaching decisions in THIS game.

Most players on IR in the league and we were in the AFC Championship game. Cut BB some slack.

give it up kid you have no clue what you are even trying to say. The Pats needed those 3 points and it was obvious.

Something else being overlooked here is Denver running away with the field position battle. Seems the Pats were on or inside their own 10 A LOT.

Great punter that Colquitt is.

Agree especially the offense.

Everyone on this board that praises BB for his great decisions, consistently refuses to critique him for his bad one. The 4th and 2 and the 2 FGs today were dumb football decisions

Thank you. What if we score a FG but give up a TD. Now we're down 12. Now what?

Oh shut up chicken little. You're using hindsight to fuel your argument. When your offense has been getting ****ted on all day and you're that deep in your opponent's territory and it's 4th and 1, you go for it.
"chicken little" lol

Denver's D is 1rst against the pass and 3rd in the league against the run. They were crapping on us all game long. They knew we were going to put the ball in Brady's hands and not chance it with a run that might get stuffed hence, one reason why their DB stuck to his spot. Pats had all the reason in the world to kick the 3 right then and there.
So against the defense that's 1rst against the pass and 3rd against the run, you're more confident that they'd drive the length of the field rather than gain a single yard. That makes no sense at all, but please tell me more. :rolleyes:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back