PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton's offseason moves that fly under radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how "under the radar" the Welker move was. The other ones on the list were pretty obscure but the Welker one seemed to garner a lot of attention. Maybe I just think that because I'm a Patriots fan but that's how it appears to me.

I don't know how "under the radar" the Welker move was. The other ones on the list were pretty obscure but the Welker one seemed to garner a lot of attention. Maybe I just think that because I'm a Patriots fan but that's how it appears to me.

Heck - if NEM were still here he'd be saying that Welker won't even make the team - but I think he'll catch the majority of passes this year (Welker that is -not NEM)

Heck - if NEM were still here he'd be saying that Welker won't even make the team - but I think he'll catch the majority of passes this year (Welker that is -not NEM)

Yeah over on his message board he is convinced that Welker won't make the team

Nope he really thinks that.

With a multiyear contract?? The cap hit alone and the fact that he plays the slot unlike the others signed should be enough to guarantee him a spot on the 53......

Nope he really thinks that.

LOL... BB or any other coach would hold on to Shockmain Davis for a year regardless of performance if they gave up 2nd and 7th round draft picks.

I'm a little suprised to see David Martin on there, I hope he can stay healthy.

I'm a little suprised to see David Martin on there, I hope he can stay healthy.

No kidding - has he ever stayed healthy a full season? I think this is one of those picks where sportsguys make the prediction to remind people how smart they are if they are right - knowing no one will remember if they are wrong.

I'd have to think though that Martin, if healthy, is going to see the most passess coming his way of his career - especially given the loss of Welker - so its a worthwhile prediction to make.

I kindof look at him like Reche Caldwell in terms of injury and the need of the team for a mid-range receiver, and he could have a very decent year

If there are any under the radar FAaquisitions by the Pats, I gotta say it's going to be Kyle Brady.
There hasn't been much posted on this guy but from what I hear he is more than an adequate replacement for Graham as a blocker and he is a better pass catcher than Daniel was. So he's a little older but I think he will help the pats in 07 more than people realize.

You've been peeking.:D

In a small way Donte Stallworth has slowly become an under the radar pickup because of all the hoopla surrounding Moss. I predict some huge yac for Stallworth this season. He will not only suprise,I think he will dominate with over a 1000 yards and 80 catches.

If there are any under the radar FAaquisitions by the Pats, I gotta say it's going to be Kyle Brady.
There hasn't been much posted on this guy but from what I hear he is more than an adequate replacement for Graham as a blocker and he is a better pass catcher than Daniel was. So he's a little older but I think he will help the pats in 07 more than people realize.

If I was to pick an "under the radar" move, it would be either Brady or James. I think James can make this team as a nickel/dime back who will see some time when the annual db attrition takes place.

No way Brady is a better pass catcher than Graham, I think he will be a good replacement when it comes to blocking but a drop when it comes to receiving. Thats OK though since he will not be playing in a role where he has to do much besides block.

No way Brady is a better pass catcher than Graham, I think he will be a good replacement when it comes to blocking but a drop when it comes to receiving. Thats OK though since he will not be playing in a role where he has to do much besides block.

I don't know. Kyle has had some pretty productive seasons for Jax..

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BradKy00.htm

Admittedly, he is on the decline a bit. He's had better seasons than graham ever had, though.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/GrahDa00.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand