PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classy Patriot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any? I'm new here, but have been appalled by the classlessness of of fans here. Speak out here as its making it easy to root against you guys. Not saying you shouldn't love your team, because god knows they are amazing. But does it mean belittling a team that has overcome insurmountable odds to get here? I don't even see Giants fans trolling here...Just don't get it, Boston seemed like a cool place when i visited, but if this is the face of the city here, wow.

On a serious note, I as well do not ever want to hear the word class again. What does that mean??? I feel that the Patriot organization and fans have some of the most "class" in football. In addition, I also feel they have a much greater knowledge and passion for the game.

I am sorry but you need to go look at other boards or watch other teams before you make the statement you did. And don't be surprised if you received the "nice comments" on this thread. What a statement -- class, appalled, oh gee please already. All fans and players from other teams do is knock our team, or talk about hurting our players, etc. and quite frankly most of us are just plain dull to it.

We are New England Patriot fans. You do not have to join the club and no one is asking you to.

On a serious note, I as well do not ever want to hear the word class again. What does that mean??? I feel that the Patriot organization and fans have some of the most "class" in football. In addition, I also feel they have a much greater knowledge and passion for the game.

I am sorry but you need to go look at other boards or watch other teams before you make the statement you did. And don't be surprised if you received the "nice comments" on this thread. What a statement -- class, appalled, oh gee please already. All fans and players from other teams do is knock our team, or talk about hurting our players, etc. and quite frankly most of us are just plain dull to it.

We are New England Patriot fans. You do not have to join the club and no one is asking you to.

I'd like to echo this sentiment. The name of the website is patsfans.com. We welcome fans of other teams who want to discuss football/matchups/etc in a constructive manner. Since September, this messageboard has been bombarded with fans from other teams who choose not to engage in productive football talk and opinions, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick of it.

The fact of the matter is that it is sad because there are many people who root for other teams that have been able to participate on this board and feel welcome, even though they obviously will not always agree with everything said on this Patriots fan messageboard.

They have shown respect, as Pats fans ought to when visiting other teams' messageboards. If you want to stick around, you'll probably see that not everyone here is classy--we don't have to be. But not all of us are complete jackholes either.

Remember, we're fans of the team. We are not part of the team. We do not have to be held up to some arbitrary standard of class. It's a fanboard, there will be bias, trashtalk, and passion for the team it is dedicated to.... and its no different than any other messageboard devoted to any other team.

Are there any? I'm new here, but have been appalled by the classlessness of of fans here. Speak out here as its making it easy to root against you guys. Not saying you shouldn't love your team, because god knows they are amazing. But does it mean belittling a team that has overcome insurmountable odds to get here? I don't even see Giants fans trolling here...Just don't get it, Boston seemed like a cool place when i visited, but if this is the face of the city here, wow.

What exactly would be the definition of "classy" to you?

What does need to be said here is that there are rowdy fans on EVERY team... lol.

Add to that the fact that the Patriots and their fans have been pretty muc hated by most teams AND their fans all year.... that alone could make some people a bit touchy.... *gulp*

We get MANY "trolls" on these forums. They come in before their team plays and they talk smack.... which is fine.. that is the purpose to the VLR forum.... However after the game, very few come back... *shrugs*

There are good and bad fans to every team out there... some are just more vocal then others :p

I suggest you go to class and get an education, because a 6th grade diploma isn't going to get you far these days.

Lighten up Francis.

blow me, jagweed.

What's really funny is most of the folks heaping abuse on you are bandwagoneers (just look at some of the join dates to get a real laugh) who know jack sh*t about the sport.

That's the date they joined the site, not the date they became Pats fans. Look at my join date. Does that mean I became a Pats fan this year you friggin moron?

Probably--where were you and some of these other folks in 1992, when the Pats sold 19,000 season tickets? I'm a Bills fan and we sell close to 50,000 seasons tickets in a market 20% the size of Boston in years we have losing records [INSERT BILLS JOKE HERE]. It's amazing how many "fans" come out of the woodwork when a team wins and quickly put that team back down when they stop winning. Have fun jumping back off the bandwagon (and don't hurt yourself doing so).

As for the "moron" name calling--I'll put my educational and professional credentials against yours for $100k any day, son.....

have fun driving to toronto, moron.

Probably--where were you and some of these other folks in 1992, when the Pats sold 19,000 season tickets? I'm a Bills fan and we sell close to 50,000 seasons tickets in a market 20% the size of Boston in years we have losing records [INSERT BILLS JOKE HERE]. It's amazing how many "fans" come out of the woodwork when a team wins and quickly put that team back down when they stop winning. Have fun jumping back off the bandwagon (and don't hurt yourself doing so).

As for the "moron" name calling--I'll put my educational and professional credentials against yours for $100k any day, son.....

I have been a fan since I was a kid. 1992 I was in college and didn't have money for season tix. I have one through a friend of mine now and have been waiting for my own for a long time now.

Didn't mean to offend with the moron statement, but assuming a person is a bandwagon fan by the date they joined a website is moronic. If you look back at my posts, I am not a trash talker. I have surprised fans on other teams forums by going on and congratulating them on good games.

And you know what you can do with your credentials. :D

22186089.jpg

yeah, karma's probably why they're on the verge of 19 and 0.
:rofl:

guess it must be a little slow and lonely over at the buffalo boards, lately.......

by the way, you can quit crying about miami vince --- knocking loseman out is doing your team a favor.
you seriously think anyone on the pats wants to seem him come out of a game....?

All the sweeter for the other 99% of the League that hates your cheating guts, if and when you lose next week.....

You really think 99% of the league hates NE because they got caught? Or is it because NE has been dominant for the better part of a decade... I.E. 5/7 AFC East Championships, 5/7 AFC Championships appearances, going for their 4th ring in 7 years...

I'd bet that MOST of the problems people have with NE stem from the fact this team has been dominant in an era of football that you're not supposed to be able to be dominant.

Sure, there are those fans that can't let go of week 1, and have posturized themselves into all sorts of conspiracies regarding how much taping, what was on the tapes and whatever else they can that allows them to sleep at night. But if you ask most players, NE is pretty respected as a team. The players that lash out are generally young and/or immature players.

Just my .02, which is why I've stopped defending NE to trolls. Even at my bowling league in San Diego I get some words and looks thrown my way... When someone goes off the deep end, I just say "whatever helps you sleep at night". Because what most fans lack is objectivity. You put any other team in NE's position and damn near every fan of that team will follow suit in defending their team. People believe they have some "moral high ground" because it wasn't their team caught, so they can't even fathom it, but I guarantee you that if any other team had been caught, it would have had the same feverish defense from it's fanbase.

So go ahead, stand on your moral high ground... Whatever helps you sleep at night!

Last edited:
All the sweeter for the other 99% of the League that hates your cheating guts, if and when you lose next week.....

yeah, and when we win you'll be cryin' on momma's lap.

Problem is, none of these stories can be verified. SD fan describes a story about harrassment in Foxboro meets skepticism, NE fan relates a story about NYG fan, and we are supposed to believe it? Every team has their douchbags.

Irony.....

This year, the Patriots have been called cheaters, poor sports for running up the score, arrogant and dirty players...and some want to say Patriot fans have no class! :rolleyes:

Fans of other teams often wonder why we're so proud or even proud at all. THOSE are the fans we hold the high & mighty, single-fingered, eff-you salute to in their collective faces!:D

I was at the game and was quite hospitable to any Chargers fan that was "classy" themselves. I asked a few if anyone hassled them and they said no. There were Chargers fans with giant thunderbolts, signs etc. and they got booed like I'm sure they expected but I can imagine many stadiums where this would not have been tolerated. On the train back to Back Bay we had long talks with Bolts fans and offered insight into the city as far as dining and entertainment so if there was an incident it was an exception not the rule!

Oohhhhhh, slow down there, quick wit.

****-off french fry.......Attention all trolls.......bus now leaving for the ****hole known as New York........Pack your bags or lap them,but leave immediately.....:D

What's funny here is that in a discussion of the level of class of Pats fans, my posts seem to keep getting deleted by the mods for ridiculous reasons, like "ina ppropriate language" (unlike what the "classy" Pats fans do to anyone like myself who may disagree with them, even here in the Visitors Locker Room--on that, just read the first posts after the initial post in this thread). All that censorship does is reinforce the non-Pats fans views about the Patsies and their "fans". What's wrong, can't respond to my points like a civilized person, so you just remove them? Yeah, that's a great way to win an argument (in a totalitarian society, that is)....
I like you less than french fry......no hug for you..........:D

I chuckle every time I read the join dates on this board, most of them coming in 2007 it seems like.

Again, what does this have to do with anything. I am one of the people who joined this year. Does that mean I'm a bandwagon fan? I don't think so. I just happened across this site this year while searching for something else online.

Don't put everybody down because some people piss you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes