PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classless Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read my entire post, kid, and you will see I am not a Chargers fan.

History? History occured yesterday when Benzair Bhutto was murdered. This is just a game. I would think Pats fans would really not care to much about going 16-0 since the Pats already have the longest winning streak. The real goal should be another ring so they can be in the class with the Steelers, Cowboys, and 49ers.

We want to be the greatest team in NFL history. Going 19-0, winning our 4th super bowl and setting the record for highest margin of victory will make the Patriots the undisputed greatest team ever.

That's our ultimate desire. Whether or not it happens remains to be seen.

So tell us who you think will be in the super bowl. Because surely it will not be YOUR team!

P.S. Call me kid if you like, but I'm 49....much older than you

Last edited:
Do you go to games? Those are the real fans. Yea, SD has a bit of a transplant population because of the military and because it is a great city. But make no mistake, there are more than enough hardcore Charger fans in town to go around.

No their not... lol most of the people at the game, or in this city were crushed when they opened the season @ 1-3. I work with those "hard core" charger fans. They are 10-5 and now in the playoffs due to an uncommonly weak AFC west and by the talk of it, by the SAME crushed fans (who were cursing this season @ 1-3) think that SD is the second coming and will just roll through the damn playoffs.

Those "hard core" fans were not even wearing their gear, talking about the games, or anything. In fact, they were selling their **** and ripping the stickers off of their damn cars buddy.

Why, if they are so hard core, were the pats fans @ last years Divisional game more amped and louder for quite a bit of the game. I was there, I spent 700+ to get tickets to that game. Most of those fans can't name anyone beyond Rivers, LT, Gates and Turner on Offense. Nor can they name more then Castillo or Merriman or Cromartie on Defense.

People in the city STILL hate Norv, even though he's now shown that with time, and getting players on the same page he can take a 1-3 team and turn them into a legitimate threat for the playoffs. (hes not great mind you).

People in this city go to sporting events for something to do. Most of them ARE NOT true fans of the team, and maybe not of the sport itself. But it's just another stop on the tourist attraction that is SD.

SD does have great bars for the fans of other teams though.

Last edited:
No their not... lol most of the people at the game, or in this city were crushed when they opened the season @ 1-3. I work with those "hard core" charger fans. They are 10-5 and now in the playoffs due to an uncommonly weak AFC west and by the talk of it, by the SAME crushed fans (who were cursing this season @ 1-3) think that SD is the second coming and will just roll through the damn playoffs.

Those "hard core" fans were not even wearing their gear, talking about the games, or anything. In fact, they were selling their **** and ripping the stickers off of their damn cars buddy.

Why, if they are so hard core, were the pats fans @ last years Divisional game more amped and louder for quite a bit of the game. I was there, I spent 700+ to get tickets to that game. Most of those fans can't name anyone beyond Rivers, LT, Gates and Turner on Offense. Nor can they name more then Castillo or Merriman or Cromartie on Defense.

People in the city STILL hate Norv, even though he's now shown that with time, and getting players on the same page he can take a 1-3 team and turn them into a legitimate threat for the playoffs. (hes not great mind you).

People in this city go to sporting events for something to do. Most of them ARE NOT true fans of the team, and maybe not of the sport itself. But it's just another stop on the tourist attraction that is SD.

SD does have great bars for the fans of other teams though.
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't think your hanging out with Chargers fans but whatever? Is it playoff time yet?

I agree with this entire post, but lets not pretend that the AFC East is the cream of the crop. Didn't the Pats have the division title wrapped up on Halloween?:D

I won't ever disagree with that. The difference is, the AFCE is ALWAYS weak. The AFCW is usually the toughest division in the conference. If the Chiefs and the Broncos were playing up to snuff this season, I think it would be a different outcome really. I think SD had some moral boosting games vs teams in their division. Which helped them play well against other teams in the league.

Good on 'em, but it's just funny for me to sit here at work and get blasted all season long as the Chargers finally came around. I've got a 3' x 5' Patriots flag hanging in my cubicle... Have all season, and did last season and the season before that.

There is ONE person here... wait TWO people here that have ANYTHING chargers in their cubes all season. Even those that are now back on the SD bandwagon don't have anything. They just talk smack...

I agree with this entire post, but lets not pretend that the AFC East is the cream of the crop. Didn't the Pats have the division title wrapped up on Halloween?:D
Exactly. You can't give a team crap because of the div they play in. Jax fans think the Bolts suck and if we were in the AFC south we wouldn't have made the playoffs. We went 3-1 against the AFC south this season so naturally I don't see it that way.

Best of luck to the pats this season and may the best team prevail.

You're entitled to your opinion. I don't think your hanging out with Chargers fans but whatever? Is it playoff time yet?

How am I to know? They all say they are. Who am I to judge? When someone tells you their a Patriots fan, do you automatically assume they aren't? I've been in this city since early 90/91. It's not like this trend is anything new. Wasn't it 3 seasons ago that the chargers games were BLACKED OUT in their home town due to low attendance?

Real fans are fans and go to games even @ losing times. Not those that bust out their money when things are good and curse them when things are bad...

I find it interesting that pats fans are thumping their chest behind a possible 16-0 reg season and ripping Chargers fans relentlessly over the teams 5 losses this season. Ya, 16-0 is a rare achievement if it happens but pats fans should know as well as anyone that it's just the beginning.

Maybe the pats will go 19-0 but maybe they won't. As I recall the pats opened 1-3 in 01 and went on to achieve a respectable 11-5 record on the season and then managed to distinguish themselves in the postseason.

The pats are a very good team this year. I just hope the Chargers get the opportunity to learn more from the pats in the playoffs.

And tell us about the 15-0 team the Pats defeated that year.

Enjoy wildcard weekend.

I won't ever disagree with that. The difference is, the AFCE is ALWAYS weak. The AFCW is usually the toughest division in the conference. If the Chiefs and the Broncos were playing up to snuff this season, I think it would be a different outcome really. I think SD had some moral boosting games vs teams in their division. Which helped them play well against other teams in the league.

Good on 'em, but it's just funny for me to sit here at work and get blasted all season long as the Chargers finally came around. I've got a 3' x 5' Patriots flag hanging in my cubicle... Have all season, and did last season and the season before that.

There is ONE person here... wait TWO people here that have ANYTHING chargers in their cubes all season. Even those that are now back on the SD bandwagon don't have anything. They just talk smack...
So did the Cheifs and Broncos play up to snuff last season? Do the Chargers deserve any credit? It seems like if the Bolts win their div then it must be because there's no comp and if they lose, well? That's as it should be. :rolleyes:

So did the Cheifs and Broncos play up to snuff last season? Do the Chargers deserve any credit? It seems like if the Bolts win their div then it must be because there's no comp and if they lose, well? That's as it should be. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying you don't have a talented team. You guys do. You deserve a lot of credit for where you're at.

So does NE for where their at despite getting to play the bills, phins and jets 2x a year lol.

I never discount any team going into the playoff's, but what was your stance on the Chargers when they were 1-3? Be honest please.

Maybe the pats will go 19-0 but maybe they won't. As I recall the pats opened 1-3 in 01 and went on to achieve a respectable 11-5 record on the season and then managed to distinguish themselves in the postseason.

COACHING. The Pats have it and then some.

The Chargers coach is a miserable failure.

Read my entire post, kid, and you will see I am not a Chargers fan.

History? History occured yesterday when Benzair Bhutto was murdered.

What a dork.:eek:

I'm not saying you don't have a talented team. You guys do. You deserve a lot of credit for where you're at.

So does NE for where their at despite getting to play the bills, phins and jets 2x a year lol.

I never discount any team going into the playoff's, but what was your stance on the Chargers when they were 1-3? Be honest please.
We were struggling to adjust. No doubt about it. We lost 5 coaches. Management tried to sell the idea of "no conitnuity" changes but there obviously were some. Both players and fans were duped in that regard. Because of that it's taken a little time for everyone to buy in and get on the same page. But I think we're there now and that makes all the difference. No excuses but we did play some excellent and highly motivated teams our 1st 4 games with the notable exception of the chefs. I chalk that loss up to what I just mentioned. Adjustment issues.

Anyway, after the horrendous loss to minny, the team began to get a clue. The playoffs are a crapshoot. It's all about who's on their game and who wants it more. I'll be surprised and of course, dissapointed if the Chargers are not on their game when it counts.

To be fair I don't think anyone would have stopped Peterson that day.
Yea maybe. But here's the thing. We held him to 43 yards in the 1st half. Castillo went down and that hurt, Rivers threw 12 straight incompletion's, and if I'm honest with myself I have to acknowledge that the D did not play with a lot of inspiration that day. In part because Rivers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that day.

I don't think the NFL single game rushing record should have been his to have that day. But bottom line? I think it was an instructive loss.

How am I to know? They all say they are. Who am I to judge? When someone tells you their a Patriots fan, do you automatically assume they aren't? I've been in this city since early 90/91. It's not like this trend is anything new. Wasn't it 3 seasons ago that the chargers games were BLACKED OUT in their home town due to low attendance?

Real fans are fans and go to games even @ losing times. Not those that bust out their money when things are good and curse them when things are bad...
I forgot to address this. That's funny. How long have you been a pats fan? Any long time pats fan will tell you that there's been many a blackout in the NE region and many seasons where attendance was abysmal. That was then this is now.

I find it ridiculous for any fan of any team to claim that their team has the best fans. It's simply just not true. Every team has loyal and devoted fans. I will say that Packers fans and Steelers fans travel like no other fans in the NFL and that has a lot to do with where those teams are located and their history. But the bottom line is every team has devoted fans. Pfft, I went to 3 home games in 2000. It was painful but I was there and so were about 20-25,000 other fans. :D

I forgot to address this. That's funny. How long have you been a pats fan? Any long time pats fan will tell you that there's been many a blackout in the NE region and many seasons where attendance was abysmal.

Not since 1992.

I forgot to address this. That's funny. How long have you been a pats fan? Any long time pats fan will tell you that there's been many a blackout in the NE region and many seasons where attendance was abysmal. That was then this is now.

I find it ridiculous for any fan of any team to claim that their team has the best fans. It's simply just not true. Every team has loyal and devoted fans. I will say that Packers fans and Steelers fans travel like no other fans in the NFL and that has a lot to do with where those teams are located and their history. But the bottom line is every team has devoted fans. Pfft, I went to 3 home games in 2000. It was painful but I was there and so were about 20-25,000 other fans. :D

Since about the time I moved to San Diego ironically. Thats about 18 years; I was 10 years old, my Dad was in the Navy and I wanted to root for the team of the town I was born. Since CT doesn't have it's own team, the Patriots fit the bill. I've never wavered since that day, even through the early 90's and past the SB in '96/'97 season. I've never been the fan that's been all knowing for stats, and players. I'm accustomed to NOT seeing my team play, because they are an east coast team. Also, where did I say that NE had the BEST fans. All I said is that TRUE fans show up regardless.

You're right about the Packers and Steelers traveling well. Or is it they just have more of a national fan base? Either way, they always have a lot of fans at any game. I agree with you that EVERY team does and always will have devoted fans.

All I was really pointing out, is that SD isn't nearly as devoted to the Chargers as you seem to think. That's not their fault, but it's the nature of the beast being a military town I'd believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye