Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you are the PATS, do you trade Chad Jackson for Troy Smith straight up?

• Make the Trade

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Don't make the trade

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • This is a stupid poll

Votes: 95 80.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bevster

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Straight up. Do you trade the WR for the QB?

Re: CJackson for TSmith ...

So we'll have 4 unproven backup QB. Real nice plan there :rolleyes:

What is your vote?

I do not see CJ making the roster here based upon performance to date. He is a free agent at the end of next season. Barring injury to those higher up on the depth chart, he does not play much this year.

T Smith provides a change of pace QB. Better prospect than Cassell or Guit.

Last edited:

I would rather have a guy with heart, and the will to do anything to win. Jackson looks lost, and it has been three years.

Last edited:

Jackson still has by far the most upside of our backup WR. We have Moss, Welker, Gaffney. Then what if we trade Jackson ? Aiken, Washington, CJ, Slater ?

Jackson still has by far the most upside of our backup WR. We have Moss, Welker, Gaffney. Then what if we trade Jackson ? Aiken, Washington, CJ, Slater ?

I think Jackson has upside, but I don't think he has the brains.

because someone what so to give a player that has not played full season of games due to an injuries, which are completely out of the players control, is a homer then i am proud to be a homer I perfer to give players a chance ON THE FIELD as oppesed to in the media or on a message board

Not sure I ever remember the Pats making any significant trades during the season or preseason... not sure they are going to start right now to add another unproven QB.

Not sure I ever remember the Pats making any significant trades during the season or preseason... not sure they are going to start right now to add another unproven QB.

Ted Washington was pretty significant

I wouldn't... For the backup QB argument, I don't think that we would be better off with Smith. I have high hopes for O'Connell in the future. But if Brady goes down, we are screwed either way with the backups we have now, or if we had Smith.

In the last 3 days we have had a would you trade CJackson for a 3rd and a would you trade him for Troy Smith.

No one would ever make the other side of these "trades."

T Smith provides a change of pace QB.
A change of pace QB? Like Michael Bishop? Someone to "spell" Brady on third down?

Talk about over-reaction. You see him play one game, playing with his first string against Pats backups who played vanilla (no blitz, no stunts) defense, and you want to trade for the guy?

At least CJ can return kicks. All Troy Smith would do was act like an idiot on the sidelines and dive after all overthrown balls.

Last edited:
this thread is awesome.

:singing::singing::singing:

Why in the hell would the Ravens make this trade? QB is not a position they are set at especially when Troy Smith has a good chance at landing the starting job. What an assanine thread.:bricks:

The love -no homo- for CJ on this site kills me..... I keep hearing about his upside, but have seen nothing for 2 years.. Washington is better than him

Where is the choice for ******ed poll? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents