PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cincy game will be the real test

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Don't know about you, but as a Pats fan, deep down, I didn't think we were gonna win this game. I told my buddy who gambles, 6.5 line is a joke. Broncos always play us tough & basically own us.

Yes, we came out flat, finished flat, looked like crap. But BB & the Pats unfortuantely seem to historically be good for one or two of those games a year.

Previous incarnations of the Pats have bounced back from these losses with big wins.

0-31 vs. Buffalo, next week they pound Philly.

Even last year, the ugly loss to the Panthers, then go into Pitt and win.

To me, the Cincy game will be one of those games. If they look like this next week, I'll be very worried.

But if they come out, show some fire, some spark, execute plays crisply, then I'll be happy. Even if they lose 38-35, if the team comes out looking like a real team, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I have no faith in the game next week. Can you imagine this Patriots team in a scoring match with the Bengals? I sure as hell can't.

all kidding aside, i do think u guys can and will beat bengals...i hope you do cuz i really hate the bungles plz beat them

PaulNEPats said:
I have no faith in the game next week. Can you imagine this Patriots team in a scoring match with the Bengals? I sure as hell can't.

Which team looked worse, tonight's, or the team that lost 0-31 to Buffalo?

What about last years team that laid an egg vs. Carolina, looked just as inept as tonights team. They went into Pitt, lost two starters, and won.

I'm just saying, BB teams have displayed a history of starting slow, having a really really bad game early in the season, then rebounding.

If they get killed by Cincy, *then* I will worry. Until then, I'm only on Yellow Alert.

Right now, beating Miami will be the test. It's at home, going into the bye. Realistically I expect to lose next week, beat Miami and enter the bye 3-2, with a 3-0 division record. Average teams are all I hope to beat right now.

Coming out of the bye with more experience for the WR, I expect to get progressively better.

No way this Pats team beats Cinci if they play like they have all 3 games thus far. Hopefully Cinci will view the game tape and not take us seriously ............

OK Heres the score Cincy 31 Pats 3

I agree, Cinci will be the real test. The test of whether we can stay within 21of them that is.

tombonneau said:
Don't know about you, but as a Pats fan, deep down, I didn't think we were gonna win this game. I told my buddy who gambles, 6.5 line is a joke. Broncos always play us tough & basically own us.

Yes, we came out flat, finished flat, looked like crap. But BB & the Pats unfortuantely seem to historically be good for one or two of those games a year.

Previous incarnations of the Pats have bounced back from these losses with big wins.

0-31 vs. Buffalo, next week they pound Philly.

Even last year, the ugly loss to the Panthers, then go into Pitt and win.

To me, the Cincy game will be one of those games. If they look like this next week, I'll be very worried.

But if they come out, show some fire, some spark, execute plays crisply, then I'll be happy. Even if they lose 38-35, if the team comes out looking like a real team, I'll be happy.

I agree with you. I wasn't too optimistic about tonight but I was hopeful. I can even except losing when our team gives it a good effort. But I saw a lame performance that wouldn't be acceptable in preseason. Poor execution, poor Coaching and a lack of heart at times.

Start throwing to Gabriel in the 4th qtr. Why not just save him for overtime?

I think we can beat Cincy..Really. I think Denver had our number and I think there some major coaching problems as well as a crappy play by Sanders (put Wilson in for that play, he makes the tackle, we could have been tying it on the last drive isntead of trying to make the td.

I think people are overblowing this game way too much. It's one damn game against a team that's had our number for many years. I think we'll be fine. I think we can beat the Bengals next week. i really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes