PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chris Long signs with Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving the Patriots? Why is that? Early in his career he made his money. Here he got a ring. Now he wants to find somewhere where he can play the position/role he believes he can best excel. Hard to fault a guy for that, especially when he's been a class act about it.

because on the way out he said "i want to do whatever it takes to win" You can't say that as you choose to leave the winningest team of the last decade plus

I hope he rips up the NFC and has a 10+ sack year while he enjoys himself. He did yeoman's work for us last year.

On the other hand, sorry Chris, you ain't winning a championship the next 2 years.

Never heard of him. Any relation to Howie Long?

Eagles fans/media... they've got their eyes on the big prize... and they're so classy too...

o_O

Eagles fans are some of the worst in sports.

Baltimore, Oakland,Philly are horrible fan bases. Also Cali fans in general just have no idea about sports and don't care.

Leaving the Patriots? Why is that? Early in his career he made his money. Here he got a ring. Now he wants to find somewhere where he can play the position/role he believes he can best excel. Hard to fault a guy for that, especially when he's been a class act about it.

because on the way out he said "i want to do whatever it takes to win" You can't say that as you choose to leave the winningest team of the last decade plus

Where did he say that Chasa:

"Thank you Pats Nation. As a player you’ve given so much support to, I owe you an explanation as to why I’ll be moving on in FA… even if it isn’t a big deal. This year and this opportunity gave me a ton. I made lifelong friends in a great locker room and became a champion. I’m so thankful that Coach B (the GOAT) took a chance on me and allowed me the opportunity to play a small part in this wonderful year. This has zero to do with money, etc. It’s the right move in my heart because I want to get back to being the player I was before. I’m thankful for my role this year, but as a competitor, I’m itching to do what I do best. It was important to say thank you personally. You may not remember me much, but I’ll always remember y’all!! #driveforfive #missionaccomplished"

I thought it was more about PT and playing a style/role he likes, AKA "pinning his ears back" postion, without all that run/set the edge responsibility stuff, that's like, you know, sooooo boring.

I think its just about Hall of Fame numbers at this point for him.. He wants to go to a system that like you said, allows him to pin their ears back and relentlessly go after the quarterback

I don't fault him for his decision, he was pretty transparent about everything and I think that he & his father Howie are class acts all the way. I'm glad he helped us win a ring and I'm grateful for the role he played and and sacrifices he made, whether perceived or real.. He showed up, put the work in and did his job.. and we won a 5th Super Bowl

Good luck on your bid for the hall of fame, Chris!

I'm also sure he knew he'd get paid more & with a longer deal along the way. Also, even if pay and length were the same, on lesser more desperate teams, it comes without the yearly worry about getting cut or restructuring every season's end if his PT% or play declines.

Went looking for salary. No luck. But an earlier report for 1yr deal was for 2.6M.

Kyle Scott of the Philadelphia sports blog Crossing Broad was the first to float the notion of the signing, and NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport later reported Long’s contract was a one-year deal worth close to $2.4 million.

So probably looking at 2yrs 5M-ish.

Wish him good luck...Maybe he can help the Eagles beat the Giants too

Seems like a good egg , and Howie is a dude. Glad he got his ring this year. But losing him isn't a big deal: time to find somebody to help going forward, somebody with upside, broader skills, and youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes