PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Check out PFF's Steve Palazzolo's tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoots down those theories about Brady. I swear his 6th round status is what keeps the people feeding on this stupid argument.

Having trouble hearing Tony "Marvel Movie" Catalano's rebuttal with his foot in his mouth.

Good stuff. Not even in the top 10 in passes thrown at or behind the line of scrimmage really stands out.

Nice find.

PFF bashers please note the progress since the early years.

When Collingsworth bought them he really improved things there, including hiring professional scouts to do their grading.

Those of you who claim they can't grade without knowing the play call take note: Steve Belichick's book years ago explained how you scout someone else's team.

I suspect the "all-22" video availability also improved everything for PFF.

Palazzolo was not a pro scout before joining PFF, but he is a North Reading native and went to UMass. I like his analysis and presentation skills.

The things cited in the OP were countable and verifiable like "Passes thrown 10+ yards in the air". Of those, the only one which uses anything like a judgement call was the first one which purports to count "accurate" passes. "Accurate" according to what standard? The others, though, were never the issue to me, although some other people dislike using Passer Rating.

Were Palazzolo to say "According to our grading, Brady's a 8.6 on deep balls and Brees is a 6.9.", that's just subjective BS that can't be trusted.

If someone watches a basketball game and says "Smith grabbed 9 rebounds, and Jones grabbed 7." I'll accept the numbers unless shown otherwise. If you assign some subjective grade to their rebounding skill purporting that Jones is actually a 4.3 graded rebounder and Smith a 3.7 in that same game, well, then we have an issue. I'm sure there are some games in which Player A's 7 rebounds are more impressive than Player B's 9, but I'm not trusting the likes of PFF's judgement on that.

I give Palazzolo the compliment that he's smart enough not to cite PFF grades to back up his argument! That alone gives me some confidence in his arguments.

After Deflagate got exposed for the witch hunt that it was and a lot of people still wouldn't believe 4th grade science because it countered their belief, it became apparent that a lot of people irrationally hate the Pats and Brady by extension, so much, that they would actively deny reality if it meant that the Pats are cheating bastards and not as good as they appear.

People who understand football know how impossibly great Brady is. Football greats know how great Brady is. Unbiased fans of other teams know how great Brady is.

Your random Pats hater that spews Belicheat and BrADy Is A SyStEm Qb as his only arguments? No amount of data, facts, or truth will change their narrow mindedness.

I'll be honest. Before SB 49, those arguments got under my skin. ''The Pats can't win without spying...'' Ugh, i hated it so much. After winning 49 and 51, it simply doesn't register. 53 was the biggest **** You in league history.

aw2l92.jpg

There are a number of myths about Brady and the Pats that are unlikely to ever die:
Brady is a dink and dunker (numbers above prove otherwise)
Breathe on Brady and you get a RTP call (Brady's career RTP numbers are decided middle of the pack compared to other QBs)
Pats taped other teams practices
Pats get all the calls
AFCE is worst division in football and Pats are regularly given easiest schedule (Goodell must have created schedule formula because he loves the Pats)

So, Tom Brady really is a checkdown QB then. **** PFF.

I did enjoy seeing the Brady haters come out on twitter though. They're so salty!o_O

The things cited in the OP were countable and verifiable like "Passes thrown 10+ yards in the air". Of those, the only one which uses anything like a judgement call was the first one which purports to count "accurate" passes. "Accurate" according to what standard? The others, though, were never the issue to me, although some other people dislike using Passer Rating.

Were Palazzolo to say "According to our grading, Brady's a 8.6 on deep balls and Brees is a 6.9.", that's just subjective BS that can't be trusted.

If someone watches a basketball game and says "Smith grabbed 9 rebounds, and Jones grabbed 7." I'll accept the numbers unless shown otherwise. If you assign some subjective grade to their rebounding skill purporting that Jones is actually a 4.3 graded rebounder and Smith a 3.7 in that same game, well, then we have an issue. I'm sure there are some games in which Player A's 7 rebounds are more impressive than Player B's 9, but I'm not trusting the likes of PFF's judgement on that.

I give Palazzolo the compliment that he's smart enough not to cite PFF grades to back up his argument! That alone gives me some confidence in his arguments.

My favorite make believe category from PFF will always be “ interceptable passes, “ which actually applies to every pass thrown, PFF, the site which named Kareem McKenzie the best player in football.

I wish PFT would post these results in a story just to shut up the posters who always bash Brady for only throwing short passes.
They'll just move the goalpost again. Debating with Brady haters is like debating with a stupid person. You'll always lose.

Nice find.

PFF bashers please note the progress since the early years.

When Collingsworth bought them he really improved things there, including hiring professional scouts to do their grading.

Those of you who claim they can't grade without knowing the play call take note: Steve Belichick's book years ago explained how you scout someone else's team.

I suspect the "all-22" video availability also improved everything for PFF.

Palazzolo was not a pro scout before joining PFF, but he is a North Reading native and went to UMass. I like his analysis and presentation skills.
**** PFF. Snake oil junk! The only reason these tweets are awesome is because it'll rile up the salty Brady haters.

There are a number of myths about Brady and the Pats that are unlikely to ever die:
Brady is a dink and dunker (numbers above prove otherwise)
Breathe on Brady and you get a RTP call (Brady's career RTP numbers are decided middle of the pack compared to other QBs)
Pats taped other teams practices
Pats get all the calls
AFCE is worst division in football and Pats are regularly given easiest schedule (Goodell must have created schedule formula because he loves the Pats)

My guess is very few of these things will stick starting about five minutes after Brady retires. It’s the 24/7 sports media fanning the flames. Possible that the Gate scandals are brought up from time to time, but the hate and criticism is always used for the current (envied) players, with the public viewers like pigs rolling in manure.

My guess is very few of these things will stick starting about five minutes after Brady retires. It’s the 24/7 sports media fanning the flames. Possible that the Gate scandals are brought up from time to time, but the hate and criticism is always used for the current (envied) players, with the public viewers like pigs rolling in manure.
this is a good point.

Good thread/find. Always laughed at the dink and dunk theory that the sheep throw out there to try to degrade the goat.

I guess if he wasn’t in such control of the game most of the time he’d throw the juicy 50 yard throws downfield that are prone to higher interception rates. Everyone loves those until they are incomplete, tipped or intercepted.

Brady can make any throw needed on the biggest stage. He’s done it too many times to dispute it. Why go downfield when they can’t stop the 10-30 yard stuff?

Good thread/find. Always laughed at the dink and dunk theory that the sheep throw out there to try to degrade the goat.

I guess if he wasn’t in such control of the game most of the time he’d throw the juicy 50 yard throws downfield that are prone to higher interception rates. Everyone loves those until they are incomplete, tipped or intercepted.

Brady can make any throw needed on the biggest stage. He’s done it too many times to dispute it. Why go downfield when they can’t stop the 10-30 yard stuff?

Just as it's hard to go broke underestimating the stupidity of the American public it's very hard to have anything other than a great W/L record properly identifying and exploiting what the defense gives you. The death of a thousand cuts is a recipe for success in football but there's no denying the entertainment value in a brutal beheading or a quick knife between the 7th and 8th ribs. Whatever works. Year after year and ring after ring, no one in the cap era has done it better. We have been beyond lucky to have a front row seat to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes