PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chase Winovich Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about him reminds me of a younger Bruschi in his prime , especially his demeanor .

How do Packers fans feel about him? Are they aware of Winovich?
I can’t imagine they’re too hot in the pants over his 3.5 sacks since being drafted as the 12th overall pick last year..

The past 7 or 8 drafts have been very poor. It’s not even debatable at this point.
yes, it is.

as for Winovich, picked him up in a 2019 live mock draft (man i miss those- no boards run them any more though) most people were down on him in the after draft grading, but i thought he was a steal in the 3rd... loved the wino pick when we got him...

Last edited:
I'm pleased to see him follow in the steps of Bruschi, Mayo, and Hightower. So far, so good.

Maybe still a bit early, but I think we may have a better version of Clay Matthews emerging. He can actually play in the run game now and will not be just a sack master.

Sometimes they talk about a player getting stronger, and then there ends up being little discernible difference when you watch the guy play. However, it's been very evident on film with Chase. I really think the sky's the limit for this kid.

The past 7 or 8 drafts have been very poor. It’s not even debatable at this point.

You must be right. Patriots only won 4 more AFC Championships 3 Super Bowls in that time span.

What years were the majority of that core drafted?

Your question is irrelevant.
OP stated that last 7or 8 drafts were failures.
That goes back to 2012.
Just off the top of my head, James White, Trey Flowers, Joe Thuney, David Andrews, JC Jackson, Malcolm Mitchell, Shaq Mason, Sony Michel, Jonathon Jones were all contributors towards playoff and Super Bowl success.

He could likely get better, too. Right?

Your question is irrelevant.
OP stated that last 7or 8 drafts were failures.
That goes back to 2012.
Just off the top of my head, James White, Trey Flowers, Joe Thuney, David Andrews, JC Jackson, Malcolm Mitchell, Shaq Mason, Sony Michel, Jonathon Jones were all contributors towards playoff and Super Bowl success.
OP was wrong, but drafts from 2014-2018 were not good, and that played a big part in the team entering the season being tight against the cap.

OP was wrong, but drafts from 2014-2018 were not good, and that played a big part in the team entering the season being tight against the cap.
To what standard is your grade not good measured? Is against previous Patriot drafts or against the league average? I have always contended that the Pats go 5 for 10 while most other teams go 3 for 7 which leads to a deeper roster for the Pats.

I mostly agree with that.

To what standard is your grade not good measured? Is against previous Patriot drafts or against the league average? I have always contended that the Pats go 5 for 10 while most other teams go 3 for 7 which leads to a deeper roster for the Pats.
That just means that you graded it easier to make those drafts seem better than they were. Start with the fact that they whiffed on their top overall pick in each of those years, then work your way forward from there. You don’t have an offense that is so depleted of talent in 2018-2019 that you need to sign Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown if you’ve drafted well, particularly on that side of the ball, for the last four years. Just doesn’t happen. By the way, it’s nice to have this refreshing conversation. I feel like this topic has not been given the attention it deserves around here.

I can’t imagine they’re too hot in the pants over his 3.5 sacks since being drafted as the 12th overall pick last year..
I've been lurking the packers board and I've seen some optimism that he's trending in the right direction. Could get better maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back