PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charles Gordon CB Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Coon

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
saw that he is entering the draft. Played CB and some WR for the Jayhawks this year ala Will Blackmon. Gordon could be the type of player we look for in Rounds 2-4

Gordon is a solid prospect. If he has a decent workout and runs in the low 4.4's he'll be a 1st or 2nd rounder.
He has decent hips, smooth back pedal, good change of direction, decent burst on the ball and above average ball skills. He can also return some kicks.

I like this kid a lot. He saw next to no action at Kansas this year because opposing QBs stayed away from his side when throwing the ball.

I could see him being one of the top five CB's off the board. I'm not sure he has the smarts to be a BB kind of DB, but someone will go with him early.

One of the top 5 CB's in draft? No way.

1. Jimmy Williams - Virginia Tech
2. Tye Hill - Clemson
3. Antonio Cromartie - Florida
4. Richard Marshall - Fresno State
5. Aston Youboty - Ohio State
6. DeMario Minter - Georgia
7. Kelly Jennings - Miami FL
8. Jason Allen - Tennessee
9. Will Blackmon - Boston College

Gordon, a day 2 pick to me.

Jimy Williams is a bit of a long strider. I see him as a FS type. Not sure he can handle CB in the NFL.

Hill reportedly ran a 4.38. He doesn't seem to play that fast to me. He does have great hips and plays the ball well when it's in the air. Which is key for a PAts CB.

Blackmon and Gordon spent so much time at WR, that it's hard to project them as DBs.

Marshall is intriguing. I wonder what Sanders has to say about him?????

We all know the type of CB that BB likes. Smallish, intelligent, very quick, doesn't have to have the loose hips, MUST be able to play the ball in the air, decent tackler, provide run support, experienced, productive (he doesn't like projects), and lastly, the earlier he takes them the bigger the conference they come from.

Last year BB caught me and a lot of other people by surprise. Ellis Hobbs fit the profile to a tee, but none of us saw it coming. (He also caught us on napping on Brock Williams a few years before that. Unfortunately that didn;t work out.)

This year I have scoured the college ranks. and I've found what I consider the Ellis Hobbs of 2006. Aaron Gipson of Oregon. An exact duplicate of Hobbs, but he's an inch taller. He's only ranked as the 40th best CB in the draft, but here's the rub. He does everything that I listed on the BB profile for a CB and the sporting news listed him as a second team All-American. He's productive and he plays the ball well. I would not be surprised if BB, Romeo, Saban or Mangini snatches this guy in the third. The draftniks will scream, but someone gets a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News