PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers did Colts a favor

Status
Not open for further replies.

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Colts looked bad on Sunday, and are obviously not the same team without Marvin Harrison and Dwight Freeney. By the end of the game I had no fear of them and was hoping they'd win because SD looked more dangerous.

If Indy had squeaked to a win, I'm convinced we'd have blown them out by 38-13 or worse. That would have sent them backwards to 2004, with a completely blown psyche.

Reminds me of 1986 during the height of the Celts-Lakers rivalry, when the Lakers lost a series to Houston, who we ended up killing in the Finals. Larry Bird said later that if the Celts had gotten their hands on the Lakers that year, they would have destroyed them and ruined that team for good. By not enduring that, the Lakers were able to re-form and come back the next year to win the championship.

Long story short - San Diego did the Colts a huge favor.

The Colts looked bad on Sunday, and are obviously not the same team without Marvin Harrison and Dwight Freeney. By the end of the game I had no fear of them and was hoping they'd win because SD looked more dangerous.

If Indy had squeaked to a win, I'm convinced we'd have blown them out by 38-13 or worse. That would have sent them backwards to 2004, with a completely blown psyche.

Reminds me of 1986 during the height of the Celts-Lakers rivalry, when the Lakers lost a series to Houston, who we ended up killing in the Finals. Larry Bird said later that if the Celts had gotten their hands on the Lakers that year, they would have destroyed them and ruined that team for good. By not enduring that, the Lakers were able to re-form and come back the next year to win the championship.

SD with Philip Rivers scares you against Pats with Tom Brady ? Get your head checked

42-13 Pats

SD with Philip Rivers scares you against Pats with Tom Brady ? Get your head checked

42-13 Pats

Doesn't take long to forget.

It was only a year ago that Brady through the game-ending INT to San Diego in the playoffs (well, until San Diego gave it right back to New England)...

chargers doesn't do pats any favor. What it actually did was Colts is not a good team.

After winning 1 SB game, Colts is certainly the BEST team when Colts did not finish Chargers last Sunday.?

they are overrated.

Agree completely.

If the Colts were beaten by Billy Volek with LT and Gates all but on the sidelines, what in the world would we have done to that team with no pass rush as well as payback for last year. It would have gotten ugly. Tommy would have dropped 45 on them and BB would had to have to call off the dogs. The best part of all would have been Polian up in the pressbox tearing the place up, man the reports from Tommy Curran would have been classic on the Polian antics.

The Chargers really did do them a favor. I know one group that really wanted to see the Colts get embarrased in Foxboro and that was that group of zebras and those bogus calls again in the RCA Dome, man it's getting old. It's like Smerlas was saying on EEI on the drive home, why don't the officials just hand the Colts 10pts at the start of the game and save themselves the embarrassment of the calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was worried about about the Colts all year. Now that they are gone and the Chargers sent them home :eek: I am worried about the Chargers. I am sure that by the end of the week I will be back to where I was last week when I prayed that the Chargers would beat the Colts.

Figure that one out :D

If the Colts were beaten by Billy Volek with LT and Gates all but on the sidelines, what in the world would we have done to that team with no pass rush as well as payback for last year. It would have gotten ugly. Tommy would have dropped 45 on them and BB would had to have to call off the dogs.

It's all hypothetical of course. Who really knows, except that BB would NOT call off the dogs for any reason. :) :)

It's all hypothetical of course. Who really knows, except that BB would NOT call off the dogs for any reason. :) :)

You're spot on with that. Matter of fact, BB might have called in a couple of extra pitbulls.

chargers doesn't do pats any favor. What it actually did was Colts is not a good team.

After winning 1 SB game, Colts is certainly the BEST team when Colts did not finish Chargers last Sunday.?

they are overrated.

..............?

42-13 Pats

God the east coast media is terrible. I'm sure espn or whatever east coast network has you convinced Phillip rivers is a bad qb. But just look at his play over the last 2 seasons total and you will find a good qb who beat out tom brady for the pro bowl last year. Yes Brady is playing better than he's ever played but Rivers is a 2nd year starter who is only getting better and has moxy. Rivers was the highest rated qb in the 4th qtr his first year starting and again this year has played well in the 4th qtr. Not to mention the Chargers lead the league in sacks over the last 2 seasons and Interceptions and Turnovers this year. The Chargers are also 13-2 their last 15 games while being 14-2 last season. This is a very good team that matchups well to the patriots and will give them an extremely physicaly and good game this weekend. This is hardly the team you blew out 38-14 in week 2?

God the east coast media is terrible. I'm sure espn or whatever east coast network has you convinced Phillip rivers is a bad qb. But just look at his play over the last 2 seasons total and you will find a good qb who beat out tom brady for the pro bowl last year.
Wow! I didn't realize Phillip Rivers was a better QB than Brady. All I know was that he acts like Ryan Leaf, the last high pick QB you guys were so excited about.

The Chargers are also 13-2 their last 15 games
No, you weren't, you donkey. The last 15 games you were 12-3. Add 'em up again.

And the last 17 games you were 12-5. I'm trying hard to be impressed.

If the "Chargers did the Colts a favor"

Here hoping they don't do any favors for us....

Wow! I didn't realize Phillip Rivers was a better QB than Brady. All I know was that he acts like Ryan Leaf, the last high pick QB you guys were so excited about.

No, you weren't, you donkey. The last 15 games you were 12-3. Add 'em up again.

And the last 17 games you were 12-5. I'm trying hard to be impressed.

ha so your saying we aren't good or an elite team? lol you will be surprised. Weren't we just a marlon mccree kneel down away from beating you in one of our worst played games? We are BETTER this season regardless of our regular season record. I mean over the last 2 years you've won 31 games to our 27 not that big of a difference. You can score. We can Score too. We play defense and special teams better. This game is much closer than ya think.:bricks:

God the east coast media is terrible. I'm sure espn or whatever east coast network has you convinced Phillip rivers is a bad qb. But just look at his play over the last 2 seasons total and you will find a good qb who beat out tom brady for the pro bowl last year. Yes Brady is playing better than he's ever played but Rivers is a 2nd year starter who is only getting better and has moxy. Rivers was the highest rated qb in the 4th qtr his first year starting and again this year has played well in the 4th qtr. Not to mention the Chargers lead the league in sacks over the last 2 seasons and Interceptions and Turnovers this year. The Chargers are also 13-2 their last 15 games while being 14-2 last season. This is a very good team that matchups well to the patriots and will give them an extremely physicaly and good game this weekend. This is hardly the team you blew out 38-14 in week 2?

yeah, rivers, tomlinson, and gates were playing in that game.

The horse has been beaten to death. Run, before PETA gets here!:D

ha so your saying we aren't good or an elite team?
You are good. Not elite. There have been a lot of teams go 11-5. That does not make you elite. It makes you better than average.

Win two or three superbowls in the next few years. Then you will be elite.

Until then, the technical term for your team is "wannabee."

That is why the Lakers went on to win the next two NBA Championships 1987 and 1988. In 1987 they beat guess who?... The Celtics. The Lakers were the real team of the 80's and I am not a Lakers fan in anyway. I guess we can say the Pistons did the Celtics in 88 a favor when they beat the Celtics so they wouldn't have to lose to the Lakers.

Last edited:
"Wannabe's".... ouch!

The Bolt's AREN'T an elite team... yet. Elite teams win Championships. The Chargers have yet to do so and until then will be simply a good team...maybe even a great team, but, not elite.

I smell what you're cooking, but I love seeing the dolts lose - early and often.

The Classlessers concern me, of course, but they don't scare me. And this weather will demoralize and neutralize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick