PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics Cannot Share The Ball To Win it All.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After reading and making reasons why we are going to game 7 I came to this conclusion. The "BIG 3" cannot share the ball the rest of the playoffs. Based on the matchups they must scout and go to the guy with the best matchup ... like all championship teams do ... like the old Celtics teams used to do.

It was sometimes different players each game ... as per the other teams adjustments but the matchup was the key.

To win this game outright I would play Paul Pierce at SG and put Posey at SF sacrificing Ray Allen's playing time. He has had the most trouble matching up. I would put him in with the 2nd unit where he will flourish and still score his 20 points.

KG can play PF and stay down low with Perkins. The Hawks are still in this game because their big people are allowed to defend outside because KG keeps playing outside. With Posey in the game he doesn't have to as there will be 2 good shooters with size (Pierce & Posey) on the perimeter. If the Hawks cheat just 1 guy to the outside either KG or Perk will be open all game.

My 2-cents ... for what it is worth.;)

I hate to be the one to say it... but it looks like KG doesn't want the ball in his hands when he pressure is turned up high. It's like he goes into a shell. :mad:

I agree. Before the playoffs I hated Cassell cuz I felt that he would take over too much and ruin Rondo's rhythm. But that's what you need, and they seem to be almost better when he's in the game. We need Pierce or Allen or KG to be "the guy." And it seems they all want to share too much.

Last edited:
I agree. Before the playoffs I hated Cassell cuz I felt that he would take over too much and ruin Rondo's rhythm. But that's what you need, and they seem to be almost better when he's in the game. We need Pierce or Allen or KG to be "the guy." And it seems they all want to share too much.

No more Barney DVD's in the locker room ... it's over!!!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back