PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celtics 2021

Probably Turner and McDermott were on the table but Danny had wanted more. He expected Turner and Oladipo or TJ Warren. That was too much for Indy. And...we are still without legit center and Heyword and his agent are very rich.

So disappointed with the entire Gordon Hayward experience...I hadn't been this excited for a New England addition since Randy Moss.
I think Gordon Hayward is extremely disappointed in his Celtics exp. Justifiably so. letting Hayward walk and not getting anything for him was a humungous epic fail.

Last edited:
Probably Turner and McDermott were on the table but Danny had wanted more. He expected Turner and Oladipo or TJ Warren. That was too much for Indy. And...we are still without legit center and Heyword and his agent are very rich.
@captain stone and @oceansizer ,
any chance Gordon just asked to walk so he could go to a team that wants him at the price he was willing to play for? Maybe the sign/trade with the Pacers never got off the ground if Gordon dug in.
I don't think we will ever know...but I am just so disappointed.
Serious question: if they allow fans the next time Gordo comes to Boston and he gets booed out of the building...is Boston STILL a racist city??

I think Gordon Hayward is extremely disappointed in his Celtics exp. Justifiably so. I'm officially off the Danny Ainge bandwagon. captain stone was right all along. Ainge should be fired for letting Hayward walk and not get anything for him. What a humungous epic fail.

We payed $90M for basically 1 years worth of work from Hayward...and nothing when it counted most (playoffs). What else could we do to support him? He got enough PT to prove he was just not the same player. ...and I loved the guy since Butler.
I am still on the Danny wagon. He got us a championship chip before I became a father to my now 5th grader.
He also made solid picks with Brown and Tatum (giving up the #1 pick).
I think the Gordon H. experience was just snake-bitten. Not Danny's fault. Maybe he was trying to do right by the player and the player/agent just duped him?

Makes you wonder...was he just dying to get out of Boston?
He goes to a perennial loser for less money next year...or likely could've stuck around Boston with an extension to bring down his cap number. So disappointed with the entire Gordon Hayward experience...I hadn't been this excited for a New England addition since Randy Moss.
Randy Moss is fav football player. KG one of my top 5-10 fav's. I'll never forget those early Title Town days. Sox, Pats, C's and B's shortly after.

Although Hayward isn't that company for me, I agree with you. Steady, solid Two-way player that was seemingly perfect for Brad. Very disappointing.

I am still on the Danny wagon. He got us a championship chip before I became a father to my now 5th grader.
He also made solid picks with Brown and Tatum (giving up the #1 pick).
I think the Gordon H. experience was just snake-bitten. Not Danny's fault. Maybe he was trying to do right by the player and the player/agent just duped him?
Nobody has been a bigger ainge fan than me. I loved him as a player. And a gm. he's lost three max contract players now without getting anything in return. And he is obsessed with collecting useless draft picks that don't amount to sh!t. one banner for as long as he's been gm isn't enough.

Randy Moss is fav football player. KG one of my top 5-10 fav's. I'll never forget those early Title Town days. Sox, Pats, C's and B's shortly after.

Although Hayward isn't that company for me, I agree with you. Steady, solid Two-way player that was seemingly perfect for Brad. Very disappointing.

Remember when we were so excited for Al Horford's free agent signing? It quieted the "no one wants to play in Boston" critics.
Now it seems to be back in full swing.:mad:

Nobody has been a bigger ainge fan than me. I loved him as a player. And a gm. he's lost three max contract players now without getting anything in return. And he is obsessed with collecting useless draft picks that don't amount to sh!t. one banner for as long as he's been gm isn't enough.

I can't give up on him. Who else is out there that would do better?
What can we do to make this team and our city more appealing? Change the uniforms again?

17 years...

ONE lousy feckin banner...

OVER A DECADE NOW of terrible draft picks except for Bradley & Tatum (Sorry not sorry, but I would've taken Julius Randle instead of Smart, and Jamal Murray instead of Jaylen Brown)...

4 possible picks on Wednesday, and NOT ONE FECKIN BIG MAN?!?

#FireDanny

17 years...

ONE lousy feckin banner...

OVER A DECADE NOW of terrible draft picks except for Bradley & Tatum (Sorry not sorry, but I would've taken Julius Randle instead of Smart, and Jamal Murray instead of Jaylen Brown)...

4 possible picks on Wednesday, and NOT ONE FECKIN BIG MAN?!?

#FireDanny

your hindsight is ridiculous.....but it does wonders for your griping.

go watch someone else, then

Remember when we were so excited for Al Horford's free agent signing? It quieted the "no one wants to play in Boston" critics.
Now it seems to be back in full swing.:mad:

I don’t believe this....who’s going to come here when there’s no cap space?

irving and Hayward were signed to be here until the youth became stars....they’re stars now and then can carry a team. The Miami series was a huge lesson for Tatum and Brown on the need to play complete games.

4/120 for Hayward is insanity

No friggin loss at all ... did not think he was worth the money then and absolutely do not think he is worth the money now .......
Too many nights he cannot hid the side of a barn ... his shooting stats are clouded with all those points at the rim.

No friggin loss at all ... did not think he was worth the money then and absolutely do not think he is worth the money now .......

getting nothing in return is the big gripe on the radio....they say we could have had turner and McDermott which is better than nothing .... unless you would rather have Tristan Thompson and some other backup guard (which we have plenty of)

we need a big and there are plenty of them out there

Celtics get Tristan
Nice. Him & Williams are a decent duo, esp if Williams improves. That's some toughness & energy right there.

Give Nesmith minutes. He should be a big factor for us. PP is Wana replacement.

Ultimately we need Tatum & Brown to improve a good bit. If that happens, with Smart. We'll be a tough out for anyone in the East and.

I still want another shooter.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back