PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we get Brady’s replacement in Round 3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I would think that the best QBs left, the tier 2 guys, would be gone by pick 95. Mason Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta and Mike White are the next 3 best QBs.

Do you think it’s risky to pass up a QB at 43 ? Even at 63 might be a risk. I consider those 3 guys starting material, not career backups. So once those guys are gone, we are talking possible backup QBs left.

Though I wanted defense with the first 3 out of 4 picks we had, OLine and RB replaced the two biggest FA losses we had. I want defense in round 2, but do we pass up a chance at one of the remaining “starting QB” caliber players ?

IMHO, a 2nd round QB is more likely than a 2nd round LB.

I would think that the best QBs left, the tier 2 guys, would be gone by pick 95. Mason Rudolph, Kyle Lauletta and Mike White are the next 3 best QBs.

Do you think it’s risky to pass up a QB at 43 ? Even at 63 might be a risk. I consider those 3 guys starting material, not career backups. So once those guys are gone, we are talking possible backup QBs left.

Though I wanted defense with the first 3 out of 4 picks we had, OLine and RB replaced the two biggest FA losses we had. I want defense in round 2, but do we pass up a chance at one of the remaining “starting QB” caliber players ?

I’m saying they probably take white or Lauletta today and maybe a kicker! Jk

Never know tho. What’s the position we need the least? That’s what we’ll get

here are stats on White and Lauletta compared to Allen who went in the first round. I believe all three played against similar competition in their respective leagues...I found the stats interesting

Lauletta % Yrds TD INT

61.6 3598 19 15

63.0 3022 24 8

64.9 3737 28 12

White 50.4 1639 8 7

67.3 4363 37 7

65.7 4177 26 8

Allen 56.0 3203 28 15

56.0 1812 16 6

Nobody you could reliably expect to be. Rudolph at best is a quality back up who if we are lucky could end up being a talent with development if lightning strikes. Kinda like with Jimmy. But not really no.

Luke Falk

Whoever we pick will have a few years to learn.

At least that is what we hope.

Nothing says our QB of the future has to come from this draft.

Maybe next year. Or the next. We'd want 2 solid years of learning behind Brady, so if you think Brady has 3 years left in him there's nothing to panic about yet.

Mike White, or later, Chase Little would be my preference. Both have the arm talent, size, work ethic, and need good coaching to re-build their inconsistent mechanics. We have the coaches and time to do that.

Luke Falk or Logan Woodside would be my choices

Hate to burst your bubble, but we will take a Safety that plays special teams that is graded as a 6th rounder in the 2nd round. YOU KNOW THIS MAN!!!

Mike White, or later, Chase Little would be my preference. Both have the arm talent, size, work ethic, and need good coaching to re-build their inconsistent mechanics. We have the coaches and time to do that.
Don’t jump off the Luke Falk wagon pbfp

Don’t jump off the Luke Falk wagon pbfp
I like the IQ and accuracy, and picking Falk would not cause me to go all captain stone /insano on the forum, but I would prefer a bigger arm.

Last edited:
Maybe. I hear good Brady like QBs can be found at pick 82 for example if you're lucky. Happened before or so the legend goes. :p

Anyone but noodle Lauletta

Or Lauletta or Falk

From the limited games I was able to see them in there's just something about the way Ferguson goes through his reads and is patient on the timing routes that makes me think 'That's a Pats kinda guy'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes