PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can someone explain the Elisha Manning hype to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This elite talk is nonsense, perpetrated by lazy sportswriters, marketing machines and the easily impressed who have the attention span of the last two seconds.

He's good, not elite.

I find it funny that everyone is jumping on the Eli bandwagon. A few weeks ago the Gnat fans wanted his head on a platter and wanted to run Coughlin out of town....AGAIN!! They squeaked into the playoffs and played a couple of games well. They are a "good" team and Eli is a "good" QB. But the Pats had a "bad" game this week. This Giants team does not scare me. The fans and media by me, have the Pats losing. And I like it. Being the underdog is just what the doctor ordered. If TB plays well, Gronk is healthy and the secondary can step it up a notch, they are in for a rude awakening. If the Giants lose and Eli has a bad early season next year, he'll be right back in the s**t house again.

Brady
Peyton
Brees
Rodgers

Eli
Stafford
Rothlisberger

Sorry but there is a clear drop of in play between the top group and the 2nd group. Eli ain't elite if he's not in the top group.

Brady
Peyton
Brees
Rodgers

Eli
Stafford
Rothlisberger

Sorry but there is a clear drop of in play between the top group and the 2nd group. Eli ain't elite if he's not in the top group.

Looks about right. I would put Rivers in the 2nd tier also.

This elite talk is nonsense, perpetrated by lazy sportswriters, marketing machines and the easily impressed who have the attention span of the last two seconds.

He's good, not elite.
How many games have you watched him play this year?

QB - A (8 yrs)
Games - 121
Yards - 27,579
Completion - 58.4%
TD - 185
INT - 129
P.R - 82.1

QB - B (8 yrs)
Games - 114
Yards - 26,579
Completion - 63.1
TD - 165
Int - 100
P.R - 92.1

QB - C (10 yrs)
Games - 154
Yards - 40,742
Completion - 65.9%
TD - 281
INT - 146
P.R - 94.0

Now tell me which one is Elite ? Let me give you a hint, they've all won SB's

Exactly my point regarding the two second attention span.

Wasn't Rivers considered elite last year and Vick the year before. If Manning is elite than surely Rothlisberger is, right? And Rivers too.

No on Rothlisberger and Rivers? Then no on Manning. Try and explain to me how Manning is elite and Rothlisberger is not. And I'm not saying either is.

Giants went 3-5 the second half of the season to back into the playoffs. That's not elite, that's not even good.

QB - A (8 yrs)
Games - 121
Yards - 27,579
Completion - 58.4%
TD - 185
INT - 129
P.R - 82.1

QB - B (8 yrs)
Games - 114
Yards - 26,579
Completion - 63.1
TD - 165
Int - 100
P.R - 92.1

QB - C (10 yrs)
Games - 154
Yards - 40,742
Completion - 65.9%
TD - 281
INT - 146
P.R - 94.0

How about a 69-50 regular season record and 7-3 playoffs for A and
a 80-33 regular season record and 10-3 playoff record for B (not sure who C is offhand)

How about a 69-50 regular season record and 7-3 playoffs for A and
a 80-33 regular season record and 10-3 playoff record for B (not sure who C is offhand)

A = Elisha Manning
B = Ben R.
C = Drew Brees

So, if Elisha is Elite, then what does that make Ben, Elite Plus (2SB wins, 3 SB appearances), and Brady Elite PLUS PLUS ????

Enough already. Brady and Brees are ELITE.

Elisha is who she is, a decent QB who in 8 years has had the fortune to get on a roll in playoffs a couple of time and lucked into 1 SB win. Overall career so far is pedestrian at best

First off it's Eli. I don't want anyone calling him Thomasina Brady, do you? Second, I agree. The "Eli belongs in the HoF if he wins this game" talk is laughable. He's never been in the discussion for league MVP and only made the Pro Bowl twice and has NEVER been an all-pro.

Sorry Giants fans.

QB - A (8 yrs)
Games - 121
Yards - 27,579
Completion - 58.4%
TD - 185
INT - 129
P.R - 82.1

QB - B (8 yrs)
Games - 114
Yards - 26,579
Completion - 63.1
TD - 165
Int - 100
P.R - 92.1

QB - C (10 yrs)
Games - 154
Yards - 40,742
Completion - 65.9%
TD - 281
INT - 146
P.R - 94.0

Well considering most of those are team passer stats, not real Quarterback measurements, it would clearly be C.

The only category they have the most control over, interceptions % and td-to-int%, they are excelling while still producing at a high number. Quarterback A is playing on the verge of costing his team just about every game(unless it's also a rushing QB who scores a lot of rushing TD's) and B is barely passable. Not sure if it's good enough to be elite. In this day and age you need around a 2.0 td-to-int ratio to be considered Elite. If you're not throwing 2 TD's for every interception, you're not elite. You're a game manager who depends heavily on other parts of your team.

Last edited:
he is carrying that team.

I think I could carry a team with Bradshaw/Jacobs in the backfield, Nicks/Cruz/Manningham at WR and the best pass rushing defensive front in the league.

Saying Eli carries that team is just plane wrong. He's a good quarterback who is excellent when he doesn't throw interceptions, but awful when he does.

Without Eli, the Giants are absolutely nothing.

Such garbage. The guy's got one of the best WR corps in the NFL, a really solid RB tandem and one of the best defensive fronts in the recent history of the NFL. Without Eli, the Giants would be juuuuust fine.

And lets not bring up the 3-5 interceptions he threw on that "game-winning drive" in Super Bowl 42. One of the biggest myths in sports history.

you cant call a QB elite just on numbers we as pats fans should know that Brady never put up big numbers untill 2007 and hell Tony Romo is the 2th highest rated QB in NFL history, Eli Manning is clutch there are only a hand full of Elite QB's in the NFL and Eli is one of them,

#1 Tom Brady,
#2 Peyton Manning,
#3 Drew Brees,
#4 Aaron Rodgers,
#5 Ben Roethlisberger,
#6 Eli Manning,

does are the only Elite QB's in the NFL after them there are a lot of good one's but not Elite, and IMO Peyton and Tom are in a class of there own

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST