PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

can our defense can stop the Cardinals? (we will win)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello patriots fans!

This was my first thread,
Bill Belicheck was on the Giants dynasty team in 1980s-1990s and they beat the massive Bills team in Superbowl 25. Right now, I feel confidence that Bill Belicheck carry our young defense to make to Giants-like defense setup. Our gameplan is bend but don't break. And the Patriots defense biggest strengths are late game turnovers (fumbles, interceptions, etc), versatility, speed of the front seven, teamwork and big motive plays. We have great underrated linebackers (like Jaime Collins, Hightower, Mingo etc) core, our d-line edge can pass rush or can cover the zone, inside d-line like Malcolm Brown or dion branch can stop the run with our safety help or big bad Hightower help. Our weakness probably is to covering man-to-man for the fast wide receiver and big long yards plays (long throw like Joe Flacco). I think I feel the confidence that I don't worry about a very good Arizona Cardinals team because Carlson Palmer can't make 7-20 yards on our defense which we are very good at and the long yards play is more risky for Palmer. Our job is to stop for short yards, smart turnovers, make points and don't make mistakes on both sides of football. I feel like patriots will win 28-13 (one touchdown and two field goals). My dream is the as my favorite player Jaime Collins is our next Lawrence Taylor. #do your job #patriots for win #patriots defense wins
patriots-jamie-collins-072415.jpg

I think the Cardinals offense had some problems in the preseason.......Carson got hammered and Fitzgerald got dinged......the Pats may be catching them at a good time

We will win and Jimmy G will make many short yards for points as they can and we will win. Our team never gives up.

Welcome to the forum. I wish I had your confidence but I think this will be tok hostile of an opening test for JAG. I think the defense can force a turnover or two to keep it close but, in the end, I think the Pats are going to drop this one.

One of the more overrated teams in the last 5 years. Defensive turnover sets up one score. Pats 27-20 (game not that close).

Welcome:)
I think that Cardinals are bit overrated this season, ofcourse they are good but not like SB winners already.
PAts has chance. Our TE agains their LBs. Gronk has to be in.
Defense will show us what is capable of. If Jabaal playing under 16 points is must.

Where's Alamo? should be interesting to see predictions...

They can. But I don't think the Pats are going to be able to score. It'll be a close game with maybe AZ pulling away by a couple of FG's at the end.

This isn't the AZ team that came into Foxboro and beat the Pats last time these two teams met. They're much much better.

I believe the Patriots pass rush will do its job and the patriots secondary will be good enough. Palmer is a pocket passer and the Patriots will be able to get to him. The danger is in the running game. Patriots need to stop the running game and limit the short passes.

The Cardinals are a very good team, but they aren't the 2007 Patriots or the 85 Bears. I don't get why people are writing this game as an automatic loss. Week 1 anything can happen.

And we don't know which Carson Palmer will show up. He had a great year last year, but he has been mediocre for a number of years prior to that. And Larry Fitzgerald is now 33 which is an age where many elite WRs hit the age wall at a 1,000 miles an hour (see Andre Johnson or Reggie Wayne for example).

I wouldn't bet money on the Pats winning, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Caridinals will be tired and inconsists plays in offense because they don't great depth like the Patriots tight ends, slot wide reciever and running back and plus the patriots love to hard hit to make a fumble.

They can. But I don't think the Pats are going to be able to score. It'll be a close game with maybe AZ pulling away by a couple of FG's at the end.

This isn't the AZ team that came into Foxboro and beat the Pats last time these two teams met. They're much much better.

I think it depends the degree to which the Pats insist on executing Brady's offense with Jimmy......the pats could make things very interesting if they go with no huddle dink and dunk......

The Cardinals are a very good team, but they aren't the 2007 Patriots or the 85 Bears. I don't get why people are writing this game as an automatic loss. Week 1 anything can happen.

And we don't know which Carson Palmer will show up. He had a great year last year, but he has been mediocre for a number of years prior to that. And Larry Fitzgerald is now 33 which is an age where many elite WRs hit the age wall at a 1,000 miles an hour (see Andre Johnson or Reggie Wayne for example).

I wouldn't bet money on the Pats winning, but I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

Fitzgerald also has been dealing with an MCL sprain.

short yards plays in like 15 years, no huddle and dink-donk plays is the factor for our offense that we did against the rams in the superbowl, we don't quit.

I think the Cardinals offense had some problems in the preseason.......Carson got hammered and Fitzgerald got dinged......the Pats may be catching them at a good time
Sadly they also caught us at a good time.

Priority number 1 is stop the run make them 1 dimensional this is a game where you play a Zone Blitz most of the time you force Carson to make quick decisions with the ball but you don't play their Receivers man coverage.
If we can get a lead early which is doubtful you go Big Dime defense
Having your backers Mingo Collins take out Johnson and the other other backs from taking short dump off passes making Palmer have to hit 8 to 15 yd passes in zone in tight windows.
We don't give him anything deep I don't like Justin Coleman on John Brown I'd put Jonathan Jones on him to match his speed.
3 safeties on the field for at least 65 percent of the plays.
We need to stop the run without sacrificing safeties Or outside backers.
If we can do this Carson is likely to make 2 or 3 bad throws that could be the difference in the game.

As far as offense goes we try to run the ball I might activate Sankey in Case Blount goes down or is ineffective I don't want to see any Draws to James White really I don't want to see him unless he's lined up as a receiver or we are setting up a screen.

They will make Garapollo beat them deep which he could he excels in deep throws. Hitting Hogan Bennet Gronk Slater on a deep pass could open the entire offense up.
If Jimmy can make 2 or 3 big plays while protecting the ball we should win a close game by 1 score or less.

My biggest thing is to leave this game healthy their will be alot of emotions it will be hot conditioning is of absolute importance.
What we don't want is to get in a place where our guys are tired on Defense and Carson is running hurry up Draws to David Johnson or catches us in a formation we can't adjust and hits a big play because their team is built off the big play.
This will be the kind of defense I hate but you really have to play a bend but don't break defense or We could pay for having a 5ft9 corner on a 6ft 4 receiver even if the coverage is perfect.

Thoughts

Priority number 1 is stop the run make them 1 dimensional this is a game where you play a Zone Blitz most of the time you force Carson to make quick decisions with the ball but you don't play their Receivers man coverage.
If we can get a lead early which is doubtful you go Big Dime defense
Having your backers Mingo Collins take out Johnson and the other other backs from taking short dump off passes making Palmer have to hit 8 to 15 yd passes in zone in tight windows.
We don't give him anything deep I don't like Justin Coleman on John Brown I'd put Jonathan Jones on him to match his speed.
3 safeties on the field for at least 65 percent of the plays.
We need to stop the run without sacrificing safeties Or outside backers.
If we can do this Carson is likely to make 2 or 3 bad throws that could be the difference in the game.

As far as offense goes we try to run the ball I might activate Sankey in Case Blount goes down or is ineffective I don't want to see any Draws to James White really I don't want to see him unless he's lined up as a receiver or we are setting up a screen.

They will make Garapollo beat them deep which he could he excels in deep throws. Hitting Hogan Bennet Gronk Slater on a deep pass could open the entire offense up.
If Jimmy can make 2 or 3 big plays while protecting the ball we should win a close game by 1 score or less.

My biggest thing is to leave this game healthy their will be alot of emotions it will be hot conditioning is of absolute importance.
What we don't want is to get in a place where our guys are tired on Defense and Carson is running hurry up Draws to David Johnson or catches us in a formation we can't adjust and hits a big play because their team is built off the big play.
This will be the kind of defense I hate but you really have to play a bend but don't break defense or We could pay for having a 5ft9 corner on a 6ft 4 receiver even if the coverage is perfect.

Thoughts

Slater??!
evG03rz.gif

heh good analysis though otherwise I do agree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back