PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can it get any easier for the Jets to get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
First the Jets are home in a must win final regular season game, AND play the WORST team in the entire league in the Raiders (Detroit notwithstanding) - AND Aaron Brooks is starting QB - and BOTH WRs and best Raider players Moss and Porter are OUT for the game - If it got any easier for NY,Oakland would have to decide to stay in Cali and forfeit the game.

'Any given sunday' may not be in effect here - Mangini has stepped in S**T again.

First the Jets are home in a must win final regular season game, AND play the WORST team in the entire league in the Raiders (Detroit notwithstanding) - AND Aaron Brooks is starting QB - and BOTH WRs and best Raider players Moss and Porter are OUT for the game - If it got any easier for NY,Oakland would have to decide to stay in Cali and forfeit the game.

'Any given sunday' may not be in effect here - Mangini has stepped in S**T again.

Wow, hate to disagree with you more but the Jets deserve where they are.
Mangini is going to recieve strong consideration for coach of the year. Their destiny lies in their hands.. Remember we just played last week against the Jags and they didn't have Fred Taylor.. Its part of football.. We'll smoke them in the playoffs if we matchup with them (which I hope!)

Mangini is going to recieve strong consideration for coach of the year. Their destiny lies in their hands.. Remember we just played last week against the Jags and they didn't have Fred Taylor.. Its part of football.. We'll smoke them in the playoffs if we matchup with them (which I hope!)

Yes,Mangini has done a good job and I am not saying he hasn't,What I am saying is that if you could think of an easier team to beat at a crucial moment,This is the team and this is the time to play them....The only thing worse than a bad team is a bad team whose very best players are injured.

As far as Fred Taylor is concerned I think he would not have fared much better than Maurice Drew did...Maurice was very good in that game and may be an even bigger part of the Jags O next season.

Mangini has met the schedule gods-and they are very good to him this week,thats whats its all about..

The Raiders are on the clock with the first pick and..............

Yes,Mangini has done a good job and I am not saying he hasn't,What I am saying is that if you could think of an easier team to beat at a crucial moment,This is the team and this is the time to play them....The only thing worse than a bad team is a bad team whose very best players are injured.

As far as Fred Taylor is concerned I think he would not have fared much better than Maurice Drew did...Maurice was very good in that game and may be an even bigger part of the Jags O next season.

Mangini has met the schedule gods-and they are very good to him this week,thats whats its all about..

The Raiders are on the clock with the first pick and..............

I am sure the Jets didn't schedule the Raiders knowing the season would play out the way it has. They caught a break, that's all you can attribute this to.

I am sure the Jets didn't schedule the Raiders knowing the season would play out the way it has. They caught a break, that's all you can attribute this to.
Exactly, Herm and the quarterback fragility contest of last season helped those poor Jest line up mighty Oakland this season - no big whoop. It's actually a good thing for the AFCE to have two clubs in the hunt, both because it highlights how competitive this division is, and because the Jest personnel folks get to see if they can keep picking 1st round blue chip prospects later in the day - Mangold was a great choice, they certainly followed the BB formula by looking to the trenches early.

Good for the jets, they earned it.

It goes to show you a good qb can turn your team around.

Put a good qb on the raiders(granted o-line needs help) or the browns and watch them improve dramatically.

I see those teams as the jets of next year, much more so the browns(remember they lost their center early intraining camp).

While i agree that Mangini and the jets have done a good job this year, they were really not that bad a team last year. Their fortunes fell due to losing both quarterbacks. before the season, they were picked by some to win the division and be a super bowl contender. Mangini has benefited from a healthy Pennington this year.

It's no different then them having their bye week before playing a division rival. Namely the Patriots. Of course the Pats had the same advantage against Buffalo. But the Pats would have won that game with or without a bye. The Jets (as the score showed) probably would have not won without two weeks to prepare.

Makes us appreciate more why BB raised his arms in joy when Green's strip sack was upheld on review Sunday, thus preserving the win. We did not want to have win @ TENN to get in.

I agree.

We don't need to do anything to get it in this weekend. Is that terrible? As with the other 9-6 team, the jets need to win e more game.

The jets will have won 10 games with a schedule the same as ours for 14 of the 16 games. If theirs is a cream puff schedule, so is ours. All 10 game winners will make the playoffs this year. Mangini has taken a team that was hopeless last year and gotten them into the playoffs.

I agree.

We don't need to do anything to get it in this weekend. Is that terrible? As with the other 9-6 team, the jets need to win e more game.

The jets will have won 10 games with a schedule the same as ours for 14 of the 16 games. If theirs is a cream puff schedule, so is ours. All 10 game winners will make the playoffs this year. Mangini has taken a team that was hopeless last year and gotten them into the playoffs.

The hopelessness of the Jets coming into this year was terribly overblown. the Jets of 2006 are the Dolphins of 2004; a team that had bad luck and bad coaching. It should have been clear to everyone that Miami would rebound in 2005 as long as they didn't have rotating QBs, RBs, OLs and as long as Saban was even an average coach. The exact thing held for the Jets coming into this year.

Expect the Jets to make a little noise for 3 quarters or so, but lose fairly convincingly in two weeks and then win 7-8 games next year.

Certainly no one has made it any easier than Saban did with his dumber than dumb decision Monday night against the Jets. I have yet to hear a logical explanation for him going for a tying field goal against the Jets with 3 minutes to go instead of going for the 1st down on 4th down/1 yard to go on the Jets seven yard line.

Even if the Dolphins had not made it, chances are Miami would have gotten the ball back in great field position with enough time for a field goal and by going for the 1st down and then a TD the Jets would likely have had no time left to score a TD to win.

The point is non-playoff vacation bound Miami had nothing to lose by going for a TD at the end of the game and everything to gain by trying to knock out the Jets in regulation rather than playing for overtime.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back