PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Boston win the championship grand slam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Can Boston win the grand slam of championships this year, winning the title of all four major sports in the same year?

OK, probably not. But as the basketball and hockey playoffs about to start, it is a uniquely exciting possibility for the city of champions. At a minimum, both the Celtics and the Bruins have a good chance of reaching the conference finals, and even that would be amazing considering the Red Sox and patriots have already won their respective leagues. Anyway, should be fun to watch.

On a day where the Red Sox and Patriots had a combined ten trophies on the Fenway grass from this millennium it is pretty clear these two have a lot of catching up to do and a I can't think of a better way to join the club than a grand slam.

Would be quite the accomplishment, although I have trouble seeing anyone get past the Lightning this year.

Nothing is guaranteed in hockey, but I can't see Tampa Bay losing 4 times in 7 or less games.

I'm curious where this Boston season will end up ranking in terms of best all-time 4 sport yearly performance. New York fans saw only 3 of 10 state teams make the playoffs.

Celtics can’t win it this year. Something is deeply wrong in that locker room.

source.gif

On a day where the Red Sox and Patriots had a combined ten trophies on the Fenway grass from this millennium it is pretty clear these two have a lot of catching up to do and a I can't think of a better way to join the club than a grand slam.
Anyone know where I can get footage? I was watching it up here and they showed all the Red Sox stuff but then skipped the honouring of the Patriots.

Can Boston win the grand slam of championships this year, winning the title of all four major sports in the same year?

OK, probably not. But as the basketball and hockey playoffs about to start, it is a uniquely exciting possibility for the city of champions. At a minimum, both the Celtics and the Bruins have a good chance of reaching the conference finals, and even that would be amazing considering the Red Sox and patriots have already won their respective leagues. Anyway, should be fun to watch.
This will matter only if I also win the lottery.

Celtics can’t win it this year. Something is deeply wrong in that locker room.

Yeah and the other thing to mention is THE WARRIORS.

the celtics suck. they arent getting out of the second round.

Yes, the year of 4 cups.

I was excited for the Celtics at the beginning of the year, but then the wheels came off.. not sure why with all that talent and depth.

I seldom watch them any more, they no longer catch my attention.. more apt to follow the game online..

I do not like Kyrie.. so in my biased mind, is he the problem???

No because their season's aren't finishing in the same year.

Sox and Pats are 2018
Bruins and Celts would be 2019

For the same of playing along, Bs have a good shot. They need to outmuscle and outgrind TB somehow. Not sure that is possible.

C's....no chance. They are fractured. Especially with Smart not 100%

Cherrington got fired for signing the likes of Fat Panda to obscene undeserved contracts.
I fear history is repeating itself though a much skinnier dead weight this time.
Yikes

I equate this Bruins team to this recent Pats team.... great guys who work their asses off. They need to be close to perfect to get by Tampa but they do have the quality to match them at times. My worry is fundamentally sound but perpetually unspectacular Tuukka

No because their season's aren't finishing in the same year.

Sox and Pats are 2018
Bruins and Celts would be 2019

For the same of playing along, Bs have a good shot. They need to outmuscle and outgrind TB somehow. Not sure that is possible.

C's....no chance. They are fractured. Especially with Smart not 100%
I was thinking of editing when I posted, but I thought everyone would know what I meant...unless some persnickety type chimed in ;)

It’s a long shot for sure, and agree with all about the challenge of Tampa Bay and the dysfunction of the Celtics. But just having two title holders while the other two definitely have a good shot at reaching their conference finals is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down