PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton talks about Shoulder Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok then whatever the term nobody expects Mac Jones is them.

And I know nobody expected them either.

The odds are just heavily against it.
Well,yeah.College success guarantees
nothing in the NFL.
But all those alltime greats were great in colllege.
So was Jones.
Among his traits are accuracy, competiveness,leadership,work ethic and a good deep ball.
It takes a few years before we know what we got with him.
So even tho odds are against him being great, its a fairly safe calculted risk. I think Jones has better odds to be an above-average qb than any other qb in this yrs draft save Lawrence. But we'll see.

Mahomes sat for a year.

So did Brady.

I'm not arguing one way or the other… but those are two pretty good QBs. (your “understatement meter” should be pegging red right now) ;)

Mahomes sat for a year.

So did Brady.
Yeah always preferable. Mahomes said he's still learning to read nfl defenses.
That and just dealing with the speed of the game are the two biggies.
Ideally, Cam's shoulder is serviceable again and he's solid. But I'm pretty doubtful on that.
Mac just might end up starting this year- if not from the getgo,at some point.
But hes got a potentially great ol, very strong te group and great and deep rb group. And if Gilmore is close to 100%, a top defense. So not exactly being thrown to the wolves

Mac might start or not. Either way Cam knows he has real competition after Mac got more reps at OTAs. And then a video appears that his shoulder is 100% for the first time in 5 years. Amazing how his shoulder is OK right when competition arrives. Also amazing that it is important to tell everyone that his shoulder is OK instead of show everyone with amazing passes hitting guys in stride. Color me very skeptical.

It does not matter how good or bad Newton’s shoulder is, the problem is his eyes, brain and accuracy are worthless.

his one redeeming quality is his ability to use his legs!

It does not matter how good or bad Newton’s shoulder is, the problem is his eyes, brain and accuracy are worthless.

his one redeeming quality is his ability to use his legs!
I mean his accurracy is 100% impacted by his shoulder. That's a big deal for a QB.

I mean his accurracy is 100% impacted by his shoulder. That's a big deal for a QB.
Agreed. I’ve thought he had some type of injury or long term physical problem for a long time now. I watched him years ago in college and early on and he was not just a runner, he could flick his wrist and the ball came out like it was shot from a cannon. Now his labored throwing motion just doesn’t look remotely similar.

His accuracy was never Tom-Brady-like, but he used to be a reasonably effective QB throwing the ball in addition to his highly effective running, after all it was only in 2015 that he was league MVP. With the marked change in his throwing motion and passing effectiveness I don’t see why some serious shoulder problems (or some other long term injury) might not be an explanation. That doesn’t mean that we should expect his physical problems to suddenly magically disappear, he may have just been hit too hard too many times, unfortunately.

Mac might start or not. Either way Cam knows he has real competition after Mac got more reps at OTAs. And then a video appears that his shoulder is 100% for the first time in 5 years. Amazing how his shoulder is OK right when competition arrives. Also amazing that it is important to tell everyone that his shoulder is OK instead of show everyone with amazing passes hitting guys in stride. Color me very skeptical.
Am I missing something here? That video is from September, 2020, isn't it?

So that means Cam felt healthy for the first time LAST YEAR.

Uh-oh.

He has never been that accurate even in his prime. The year he won mvp, his completion pct was 59%

Someone else mentioned this as well. I hate when players talk about injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes