PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton: "It's really put-up or shut-up time"

I want a QB that can actually throw..asking too much?

What do we want? A quarterback who can physically throw a football. Your post is absolutely asinine. No one is asking for anything close to Brady but we are asking for someone who can throw the ball. He averaged 177 passing yards a game. That is brutal.

This is a 50 yard TD.... looks to me like he can still throw the ball some:

I like Cam as a person and agree with you but think you could have closed your post with a little more transparency. I fixed it for you.

Yeah, could have added the shoulder part...but I don't think it was his biggest problem last year. It was more personnel and learning a complex system on the fly coupled with COVID. I mean he looked good in 2018 with Norv Turner, no?

Yeah I think most people are more happy with the fact they took a QB than any love affair with Mac. I am not sold on Mac by any means but at least with him there is hope for the future. Cam is on the downslide and put together one of the worst QB seasons in a long time.

What do we want? A quarterback who can physically throw a football. Your post is absolutely asinine. No one is asking for anything close to Brady but we are asking for someone who can throw the ball. He averaged 177 passing yards a game. That is brutal.
He was the 35th ranked starting passer. That means 3 back ups were ranked higher than him last year.

The Patriot way was always saying little to nothing and doing all the talking on the field through actions.

Its the New York Jets way now. All the hype about Jones is the same as every Jets QB who was supposed to be the franchise - Pennington, Sanchez, Darnold. With the exception of the pragmatic ones, Pats fans have drank the Mac koolaid and are all in. Cams message picks up where he left off last pre season. All the high hopes and dreams of confetti and champagne.
The Patriot Way is dead.

This is a 50 yard TD.... looks to me like he can still throw the ball some:

Yeah, could have added the shoulder part...but I don't think it was his biggest problem last year. It was more personnel and learning a complex system on the fly coupled with COVID. I mean he looked good in 2018 with Norv Turner, no?

I don't know if you're trolling or what but you going to cherry pick one throw and ignore all the horrific balls he sailed or threw into the dirt?

I give Cam credit, he’s putting in the work and calling himself out.

Meanwhile, Harry has said he feels no pressure to produce in his 3rd year. Amazing.

He says the right things, I appreciate that. I definitely think he’s matured as a person, and like him as a person. Though I’m a huge Mac Jones fan, I’m rooting for Cam to have a great season. It would benefit Cam, Mac and the team in general. I’m hoping Cam has his best season ever and gets us back to the playoffs.

I think it is PAST the "put up or shut up time". He is saying this in hopes that the evaluation will continue. I do not think BB listens to the proclamations, he simply shows up and evaluates what he sees. Bad shoulder, bad ankle, guys with lots of reasons usually can't "put up".

Hell yeah! I’m pumped after reading that.

View attachment 34019
VigorousWeakAnura-max-1mb.gif

I don't know if you're trolling or what but you going to cherry pick one throw and ignore all the horrific balls he sailed or threw into the dirt?

You said you wanted a QB who "could throw the ball" (shrugs).

And Cam actually had a 65.8% completion %-age last year....which was very impressive considering who he was throwing to last year...only 4 players saw 40+ targets (Meyers, Byrd, White, & Harry)...and only 2 saw 77+ (Meyers and Byrd).

Sure...he had some ****ty throws like the screen one against the Rams that turned into a pick six.... but give the man some protection, a great rushing offense, and a defense that doesn't bleed vs. the run...thereby forcing the offense into hurry up mode.

He was 7-8 as the starting QB...despite only being signed in LATE June of last year, getting hit with COVID, not having top notch personnel on offense, and being asked to score a lot because of our leaky run D. All of those things have been solved in this off-season.

If Mac beats him out, great! If not, I am looking forward to seeing our offense improve.

He looks like he’s tossing a baseball in the backyard with his son.
It's so bad. And what's worse is its inconsistent bad. Sometimes his footwork his average or bad. Upper half is 50/50 depending on the snap. Exaggerating slightly but it's so hard to watch. Hoping for best.

I don't get the Cam hate in this forum. Yall are really spoiled brats...we just had TWO DECADES of the BEST QB PLAY OF ALL TIME. No matter who we brought in...it wasn't gonna be that good.

Cam has the right attitude and mindset. Yeah, him shot putting the ball didn't look too good at times....but what the hell do you guys want? All I wanted was a QB who took responsibility, gave 100%, and was a leader.... check, check, and check.

And as an added bonus, he presents a HUGE HURDLE for Mac Jones to get over before Jones can even see the field. The man was the league MVP only SIX YEARS AGO.....
Because talking does not mean **** on this team. Talking does not get the pats anywhere. Talking does not win titles. He has not took responsibility of anything, he has talked about injuries, and playcalls, etc etc. What has he lead? If that is his 100 percent, then its not good enough, try hard does not win.

Because talking does not mean **** on this team. Talking does not get the pats anywhere. Talking does not win titles. He has not took responsibility of anything, he has talked about injuries, and playcalls, etc etc. What has he lead? If that is his 100 percent, then its not good enough, try hard does not win.

Talking doesn't do anything, but he has owned up to it all. What more do you want from him other than better QB play?

I guess that I don't see why his taste in clothing is relevant (the undeniably great Tom Brady was famously photographed holding a baby goat for heaven's sake). If he plays well in games for all I care he can show up in a ballerina tutu in a press conference and I'll be fine with it ;)

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back