PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton Interview: "I was bamboozled"

Like Maroney was a stud in your mind.
We both know I never said that. You are going back a very long way to make things up. The subject is Newton being unwanted.

Cam newton unfortunately just isn't good anymore and that's why he isn't on the team. 8 total TDs last year. That is bad. Some backups had more.

20 TDs with a bad roster and some missed games. Can't ignore rushing TDs especially if the offense didn't even try to pass in the red zone (not on him)

20 TDs with a bad roster and some missed games. Can't ignore rushing TDs especially if the offense didn't even try to pass in the red zone (not on him)
Of course not passing in the red zone is on him.

12 rushing TD's doesn't make up for the wobbly ducks and worm killing earth burners he was tossing around out there. They were running because he couldnt get the job done thru the air.

Of course not passing in the red zone is on him.

12 rushing TD's doesn't make up for the wobbly ducks and worm killing earth burners he was tossing around out there. They were running because he couldnt get the job done thru the air.
The rushing TDs weren’t additive they were taken away from the RBs. The team isn’t better because the QBs runs the last yard rather than the RB.

We see it a lot. He's a great athlete, blessed with phenomenal physical gifts. He relies on the physical gifts alone instead of using everything at his disposal, IE his brain. At every level, pop warner up to the early part of his career in the NFL he was a better athlete and didn't need to apply himself more than he did. At 32 years old, he's begun to decline, and all he has or had was the physical aspects. It's a shame. It's almost like an opportunity wasted. How great could he have been?
Cam certainly certainly was in his prime arguably the most physically gifted QB ever, so no argument there. However, he has always had a reputation as a hard worker all the way back to his Auburn days, so I disagree that he has never applied himself, you don’t win a National Championship (largely carrying Auburn on his back) followed by a NFL MVP if you don’t apply yourself.

You mention that at 32 he has begun to decline, that is certainly true, but IMHO it primarily is due to all of the hits he had taken over the years. Guess who has the most QB career rushing attempts (1071), almost 200 more than second place (for career rushes), Michael Vick? QBRushingLeadersAllTime. It is Cam of course, and no other QB on this all time rushing list simply ran over defenders (or had the size and strength to do so) the way Can did so often. And that doesn’t count all the hits he got while trying to extend a passing play. Most RBs can take only a limited number of hits before they decline, why wouldn’t that be true with a running QB like Cam? He has just taken too many hits and suffered too many injuries over the years to remain effective.

Last edited:
Newton should have his agent call Pittsburgh ASAP! Rapistburger is cooked. Stick a fork in him.

Cam Newton is done and was a bad fit in NE from the beginning. Now it is just (bad) PR to try to find another team...

We know based on his level of play that his performance was subpar. We do know he didn't look much better this year. And we know he's gone.
I think Cam definitely looked better than last year, and feel there definitely was a chance Cam would be our starting QB if Mac hadn't fallen to us and if Cam had made a more solid showing for himself this off season. Luckily Mac did fall to us and he did perform well enough to convince the team to release Cam, for which I'm thankful because I've seen enough Cam. In essence Cam was a $3.5M insurance policy, one we ended up not needing.

Cam certainly certainly was in his prime arguably the most physically gifted QB ever, so no argument there. However, he has always had a reputation as a hard worker all the way back to his Auburn days, so I disagree that he has never applied himself, you don’t win a National Championship (largely carrying Auburn on his back) followed by a NFL MVP if you don’t apply yourself.

You mention that at 32 he has begun to decline, that is certainly true, but IMHO it primarily is due to all of the hits he had taken over the years. Guess who has the most QB career rushing attempts (1071), almost 200 more than second place (for career rushes), Michael Vick? QBRushingLeadersAllTime. It is Cam of course, and no other QB on this all time rushing list simply ran over defenders (or had the size and strength to do so) the way Can did so often. And that doesn’t count all the hits he got while trying to extend a passing play. Most RBs can take only a limited number of hits before they decline, why wouldn’t that be true with a running QB like Cam? He has just taken too many hits and suffered too many injuries over the years to remain effective.
His comment about knowing the mike or the pass pro was very telling, IMO.

I called it the day it happened. Pats found a loophole to give Mac reps and use it as an excuse to release Cam.

Great call, a guy who sucks @ss and was clearly losing the QB battle was screwed by the team. No wonder so many teams came pounding the door for him when Belichick f*cked the Patriots by releasing him. Can’t wait for the documentaries showing Newton’s incredible success from here on out.

Great call, a guy who sucks @ss and was clearly losing the QB battle was screwed by the team. No wonder so many teams came pounding the door for him when Belichick f*cked the Patriots by releasing him. Can’t wait for the documentaries showing Newton’s incredible success from here on out.
There’s some people on here that actually want him to be the starter.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back