Bye Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

1960Pats

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Since we're in our bye week there's no better time to discuss, what else, the bye week. Like much of what the NYFL does these days they could be doing a better job with it.

Right now they have 8 weeks with byes, weeks 4-11 and 13 for some reason, but there's a large disparity between how many teams have a bye each week, how early or late they have it and the degree of help that it gives the teams coming back from the week off. Now that the practice time is limited the extra week is probably more of an advantage. Philly having to go to NY to play the Giants coming off of the bye this week seems like an edge for NY in such a big game.

My solution is pretty simple. I would have all teams in each division have their byes the same week and I would spread it out for only 4 weeks in the middle of the season. I would also have the inter-league division opponents off the same week and then have those teams play each other when they return from their bye. No team gets any advantage over any other team.

If that can't be done for some reason then I would switch to 8 weeks in the middle of the season with 4 teams off, but I would still match up the inter-league opponents and have them play each other when they return.

No matter which of those methods were used there would never be another game where one team had an advantage over another.

Whadayathink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back