PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burkhead AND Bentley put on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the death knell. Two guys we could least afford to lose, are now gone for at least 8 weeks. We know have Michel, White & Barner at RB (worst crew in the NFL), with Michel 1 hit away from missing some games. Our WRs are horrible, can't get open, and now Dorsett had to have an MRI on his knee. Our Oline can't open holes for the RBs.

As bad as it was after losing to Detroit, it just got a lot worse. And honestly there really isn't any help out there. I'd suggest signing Orleans Darkwa immediately. Since I live in NY, I got to see him a lot. He runs hard, and has decent hands out of the backfield. He's better as a pure RB than ANYONE we have. Outside of a trade, there is nobody available that is better than Bentley.

Just horrible news. I'd be shocked if THIS team makes the playoffs.
I am not yet ready to arrive to that conclusion...for sure it is a difficult moment but i wait to over react

What happened to Bentley? He was the lone bright spot from our draft class this year.

Are they eligible to return at some point?
Everyone put on IR after the cutdown to 53 is eligible to return. However at most 2 can actually return.

This is the death knell. Two guys we could least afford to lose, are now gone for at least 8 weeks. We know have Michel, White & Barner at RB (worst crew in the NFL), with Michel 1 hit away from missing some games. Our WRs are horrible, can't get open, and now Dorsett had to have an MRI on his knee. Our Oline can't open holes for the RBs.

As bad as it was after losing to Detroit, it just got a lot worse. And honestly there really isn't any help out there. I'd suggest signing Orleans Darkwa immediately. Since I live in NY, I got to see him a lot. He runs hard, and has decent hands out of the backfield. He's better as a pure RB than ANYONE we have. Outside of a trade, there is nobody available that is better than Bentley.

Just horrible news. I'd be shocked if THIS team makes the playoffs.
Losing a 5th rounder rookie LB and a oft-injured RB who has done nothing so far is not a death kneel.

My god.

Bolden is a special teamer. We could pick up a dozen guys who are better RBs. Particularly role playing RBs.
He can play all of our running back roles, does a fairly mediocre job but he's helped out in a pinch a few times we needed him and done okay.

Buh-bye Burkmeister, hello IRex Brokehead.

Glass...IOW, Perfect Non-Brady Patriot.

Fact.

Damn shame.

So the Patriots currently have 0 linebackers who can run, in addition to 0 defensive tackles who can defend the run.

Oy.

Vegas has yet to abandon NE
Super Bowl...8/1
Pats -7 vs Miami
Apparently, bettors have much more faith in the patriots than do many who post here.

Only the rams are seen as more likely to win he Super Bowl.

So the Patriots currently have 0 linebackers who can run, in addition to 0 defensive tackles who can defend the run.

Oy.

Look on the bright side. The CBs are having a hard time covering opponents, but at least they can run.

Time for Ralph Webb and Harvey Langi? Is Langi ready to play?

So there goes that idea of dropping Hightower down to DE. They’ll need him back there. And we get to see more of Elolandon Roberts back there too.

He can play all of our running back roles, does a fairly mediocre job but he's helped out in a pinch a few times we needed him and done okay.
Agree but there are much better runners out there and that is what this team needs now.

So there goes that idea of dropping Hightower down to DE. They’ll need him back there. And we get to see more of Elolandon Roberts back there too.

4941558-darth.gif

Some good news to go along with the bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe