PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Burgess skipping camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they let him get away with this they are making a mockery of the system.

If it helps in the long run I'm all for it. I don't think Burgess is a locker room cancer, but he was part of the 4 players that were late for practice last year.

The trade looked like crap from the moment it was made, so don't kid yourself.

Looks better to me today.....as BB says, it is good to have him back.

Lawrence Taylor used to do this. I think one year he blew off al of camp and the pre-season then came in and got 3 sacks the first game. An announcer said he was making a mockery of camp although I am not so sure of that.

He will probably do well in the early part of the season since his body is not beat up (nor is it conditioned).

Looks better to me today.....as BB says, it is good to have him back.

He was a free agent in the offseason. The trade was no longer relevant. The trade was a 3rd and a 5th for one poorly played season.

Hopefully, he'll have more positive impact this season, as a free agent signing.

He was a free agent in the offseason. The trade was no longer relevant.
Of course it was relevant. He knew the Patriots, the Patriots knew him. Up close and personal. He may have left despite being here, he may have signed here had he never been here. But, obviously, it was more likely he would sign here given this was his most recent team than had he never played here.

He was a free agent in the offseason. The trade was no longer relevant.

The trade is irrelevant IF having a year's experience in the Pats defense is completely meaningless meaningless.

The trade is irrelevant IF having a year's experience in the Pats defense is completely meaningless meaningless.

His contract was a 1 year deal, and the Patriots didn't extend it post-trade. During the offseason, he was a free agent available to all. All you can judge the deal on, therefore, is that one year. The trade is irrelevant to what happens now. Now it's about signing a free agent with some experience in the 3-4.

Last edited:
His contract was a 1 year deal, and the Patriots didn't extend it post-trade. During the offseason, he was a free agent available to all. All you can judge the deal on, therefore, is that one year. The trade is irrelevant to what happens now.
Burgess has played in our defense for a year, he should be more ready to play now than if he hadn't.

Burgess has played in our defense for a year, he should be more ready to play now than if he hadn't.

Great. As a free agent signing, that's helpful. As part of the trade, it means nothing.

Has there ever been a player that contemplated retiring throughout all of TC and then retired?

He can get away with this because we need him, period. And yes, the trade was bade, a one year rental with his performance for a 3rd & 5th is bad. Anybody who thinks otherwise are kidding themselves.

Great. As a free agent signing, that's helpful. As part of the trade, it means nothing.
It means something because it we hadn't traded for him then even if we signed him as a FA he would be coming in cold. Instead he knows the system and the coaches. "The trade" gave him a year of learning our defense that he otherwise wouldn't have.

He was a free agent in the offseason. The trade was no longer relevant. The trade was a 3rd and a 5th for one poorly played season.

Hopefully, he'll have more positive impact this season, as a free agent signing.

I don't think anyone is saying we pulled off a great trade there. You simply have to pay the price for what you need and we put ourselves in a very weak position by our inaction over the previous 5 years or so.

Instead of a diverse portfolio of available free agent tryouts and high and low draft picks, we put all our money in AllDay industries and that company turned out to be a turkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back