PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins 23-24 season

Steve102

Any Man Who Must Say I Am The King Is No True King
PatsFans.com Supporter
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hall and Foligno? I am just a casual fan but Hall ?

They have to cut payroll. they went all in for the cup last year and failed...so now they have to pay the bill. The salary cap did not go up like they thought so they need to cut costs. I really liked Hall but you were not getting $5M or $6M of production from him. This team will look very different next season

Bertuzzi. :maybenot:

Bertuzzi. :maybenot:
Yea he was the one guy I wanted to see kept.

The good news it's only a 1yr deal. With the B's projected to be ~$30m under the cap next offseason they'll be a pot'l destination when he is a FA again.

Yea he was the one guy I wanted to see kept.

The good news it's only a 1yr deal. With the B's projected to be ~$30m under the cap next offseason they'll be a pot'l destination when he is a FA again.
we will have to suffer through this next year and hopefully we get back on track the following season with that $30M to spend.

we will have to suffer through this next year and hopefully we get back on track the following season with that $30M to spend.
Bs will still be close to 100 points next year. They won't be a "contender" but at least they won't suck-suck

Bs will still be close to 100 points next year. They won't be a "contender" but at least they won't suck-suck
i am hoping we see some of the young guys get substantial playing time. If we go into the season know we are rebuilding, maybe we can actually see what these guys have

i am hoping we see some of the young guys get substantial playing time. If we go into the season know we are rebuilding, maybe we can actually see what these guys have
Agree completely. They need to see what they have in house before going into FA next year.

Lysell, Lohrei, Merkulov and Poitras should all see some time with the Bs this year.

Lauko didn't look too out of place last year but at this point I don't see him any more than a bottom 6 forward which is fine.

I know he's older and we know how this goes.
But the memories of Lucic blasting a howitzer from the right side ...
and of course pummeling someone with that right hand ... Bruin's gold ... enjoyed all of it.

What could be worse, Jim Montgomery as head coach and John McLean as assistant head coach? I am not expecting much from the Boston Bruins this coming season between the coaching and players the only savior is the Bruins' Goaltending of Ullmark and Swayman.

I don't expect much from this coming year but will still be rooting of course. Cant wait to see Lucic in the sweater again even though he is old. If nothing else, play hard and knock someone on their arse.

Last edited:
How about editing your thread title to 2023-2024 season.
as you wish GIF

It will be interesting to see how they use Matt Poitras ...
This kid is slick ... he definitely is not a 4th liner.
He's wasted as a wing ... I think he's in balcony and used for injuries.
They cannot send him to Providence ... He can be here 9 games for them to make a decision.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
great start to the season. D looks good, Pasta is an absolute sniper, lots of good play from Frederic and Lauko. Very nice game. Also, Chicago's Bedard is smooth

The only thing to know about this ****ed-up rotten organization is that their top two Centres now were also their two biggest non-Goaltender choke artists in the POs... 'Nuff sed.

#DeathToTheEntireJacobsFamily

#TheyFiredTheWrongGuy

The only thing to know about this ****ed-up rotten organization is that their top two Centres now were also their two biggest non-Goaltender choke artists in the POs... 'Nuff sed.

#DeathToTheEntireJacobsFamily

#TheyFiredTheWrongGuy

You are still doing hash tags like an old guy.

Poitras elevated to 2nd line for now ... good move.
Also that 3rd line I like it ...

Jake DeBrusk – Pavel Zacha – David Pastrnak
Brad Marchand – Matt Poitras – Morgan Geekie
James van Riemsdyk – Charlie Coyle – Trent Frederic
Milan Lucic – Johnny Beecher – Jakub Lauko

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back