PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns interested in Jared Odrick at No. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know the pats are interested in Odrick so the browns plans may throw a wrench into things. Either that, Holmgren is baiting BB to trade up.

I can't see BB biting on that.

This is not new.. There was a whole nother thread on it this past week.

Other than rumors, who says that BB is being 'baited?' who says he actually wants Odrick at #1?

Anyone who is a Pats fan knows that we have absolutely NO idea who BB is zeroing in on.

Last edited:
It's a crazy Al sort of thing, but apparently the Browns like Odrick - at 7.

Jared Odrick is the latest player connected to Browns | ProFootballTalk.com

I can't imagine the browns picking odrick so high. The Ravens like him if he falls, but they pick after us. Fantasy Football Breaking News - Rotoworld.com

I know the pats are interested in Odrick so the browns plans may throw a wrench into things. Either that, Holmgren is baiting BB to trade up.

The Browns are very thin as far as talent goes, I see them auctioning this pick off when they come up to draft. Unless Suh is available, I can not see BB biting.

I heard that the Browns' interest in Odrick is if they execute a trade down, not if they make a pick at #7.

Perhaps the Browns will auction off the pick. Draftmuncher has the vast majority of mocks with the Browns picked a defensive back.

Perhaps the Browns will auction off the pick. Draftmuncher has the vast majority of mocks with the Browns picked a defensive back.

They do need secondary help, no doubt about it, but they can get that later in the draft, they do not need to take the best CB available at #7.

I can't see BB biting on that.

Aggrizzled, having to move up 15 spots in the 1st will just about empty the war chest in this draft. He'd just as soon trade out of the 1st and make a run on players through the middle rounds when one of his top guys is off the board.

There is zero chance that the Browns will be interested in Odrick at #7. Spiller, Berry, Haden, Claussen and McClain all project to be available at #7. Odrick would be an epic reach there.

It is more likely that the Browns are hoping to fool another 3-4 team into making a panic move and moving up. Given the recent rise of Tyson Alualu, who has been a more productive player and can be had 10-15 picks later than Odrick, I find it very unlikely a team would reach up for Odrick.

The writer just misunderstood. :) The Browns are interested in Odrick if he is available for their second pick, about where lots of mocks have him being drafted.

Clearly Odrick is one of four top players with widely different projections, depending on mock.
Odrick
Bryant
Thomas
Clausen

Last edited:
There is zero chance that the Browns will be interested in Odrick at #7. Spiller, Berry, Haden, Claussen and McClain all project to be available at #7. Odrick would be an epic reach there.

It is more likely that the Browns are hoping to fool another 3-4 team into making a panic move and moving up. Given the recent rise of Tyson Alualu, who has been a more productive player and can be had 10-15 picks later than Odrick, I find it very unlikely a team would reach up for Odrick.

Most coaches know that you have to have a strong front seven to win in the NFL, but if the Cleveland draft board has Odrick higher than Berry, then something is really wrong with Mangenius.

I'd be more worried about Holmgren than Mangini. Everyone knows Eric doesn't have any power anymore.

Good. The dude is not worth a first round pick. I don't see what the fuss is with this guy. He looks stiff, doesn't overpower blockers, and lack the quick first step. Hell, we picked up an undrafted FA(Mike Wright) who's probably going to have a similar career as Oldrick will have.

Odricks a good player, who wouldn't be interested in him? If Odrick was picked in the top 10 that would be a huge reach and the Browns would be passing up so many better players. This isn't something even worth discussing, it's not happening and BB isn't biting on any "bait".

Well, that brings the total to 48 players the Browns have expressed interest in at #7. I think it's clear they're trying to move back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe