PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Fans Talking Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
because you not good enough, its that simple..heck we even know when were not good.

Nor was the 01 Pats or 07 Giants. And a snowball as a better chance in heck than the Pats do at winning the 85 AFCCG.

No dominant teams this year, so why not? If anything, Denver is starting to attain some of the balance that the "big 3" offensive teams do not have. The Pats & Ravens should be favored, but it's certainly not outrageous that Denver can win it all.

I remember the entire week prior to the Steelers game, not one pundit picks the Broncos. On ESPN, on every panel, they'd talk about every game, and when it came to Steelers/Broncos, there was always a chuckle when someone said "who is gonna win this one?" The idea of them winning was laughable.

But they handled the Steelers, and pretty easily. If anything, the final score was much closer than it should have been....

No dominant teams this year, so why not? If anything, Denver is starting to attain some of the balance that the "big 3" offensive teams do not have. The Pats & Ravens should be favored, but it's certainly not outrageous that Denver can win it all.

I remember the entire week prior to the Steelers game, not one pundit picks the Broncos. On ESPN, on every panel, they'd talk about every game, and when it came to Steelers/Broncos, there was always a chuckle when someone said "who is gonna win this one?" The idea of them winning was laughable.

But they handled the Steelers, and pretty easily. If anything, the final score was much closer than it should have been....

I think the reason why the media picked the Steelers so easily over the Broncos is less to do with underestimating the broncos and more to do with them overestimating the talent of the steelers. The steelers in my eyes did not look like a dominant team at the end of the season. They had looked like they had peaked in the midseason and just dropped off since then. If the Broncos had faced the same steelers team we faced in midseason, I would have fully agreed with the media and given them no chance. The fact of the matter is the media really didn't look at the steelers analytically, they just heard their name and just based their picks on reputation. Now granted their was some strong underestimation of the Broncos too, but I don't think it was more than how much they overestimated the steelers.

With that said in terms of the broncos balance, I would agree they have some balance, but I would put them lower than say the Ravens level of balance. Their defense is good, border line great, and in terms of offense, they got a good run game. The one thing you can not say is that they have no pass game, you have to respect it. Is it a good passing game? No, but if you don't respect it you lose games like the Bears and Steelers did. I think that's why we won the 1st time around was because Bill made the players acknowledge the pass, and not disregard it. In terms of balance the Broncos are an ok team. Can they go far in the playoffs? Yes, but they are going to need some help from their opponents. Can they win a superbowl? Eh, maybe not this year, but if they improve I can see them being a consistent playoff team for a few years down the road.

Since Tebow took over, pretty much every so-called "Expert" with the exception of Skip "I Have a Man Crush On Tebow" Bayless has been predicting, even guaranteeing, a Bronco meltdown. Imagine their relief when NE initiated Denver's 3-game losing streak! And each week, the Haters (like Ritchie, Hoge, Dilfer, Chris Carter, Mike & Mike, Keiper, Stephen A. Smith and legions of others) keep digging the hole deeper as they double-down instead of just admitting that they may have misjudged Tebow.

Yesterday, I heard Brian Billick say this: "Sure, Tebow beat the Steelers. And he may beat the Patriots, too. Heck, he may even go on to the Super Bowl and win that this year. But the real question is: Can he sustain this? And I think everyone knows that the answer is 'No'."

Are you kidding me? You can't make this stuff up. That's what he said. Talk about moving the goal posts. First, they said he wouldn't be a first round draft pick. Then, he'd never start. Then, he'd never win. Then, he'd never be able to turn the season around. Then, he'd never make the playoffs. Then, he'd never win the division. Then, he'd never win a playoff game. Well, he did all that.

So, now they're saying that even if he wins the Super Bowl this year, that won't be enough! Bronco fans are taking it in stride, and so does the team.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I heard Brian Billick say this: "Sure, Tebow beat the Steelers. And he may beat the Patriots, too. Heck, he may even go on to the Super Bowl and win that this year. But the real question is: Can he sustain this? And I think everyone knows that the answer is 'No'."

Actually that is not unreasonable. And I have a lot of respect for Tebow.

But a large part of Denver's success is the uniqueness of the Denver offense. Tebow runs plays that nobody practiced against in the preseason and the defenses need to stop it are not part of anybody's playbook.

In many ways Denver's success this year is similiar to the Dolphin's in 2008. They won the not by having the best offense in the league, just having one nobody was prepared to defend against.

In 2009 after every DC and HC had all the time they needed to study it and how to defend against it, it was pretty much useless.

Same thing may happen in Denver. I am not saying it will or it won't. But the test of Tebow as a staying power in the NFL will not be against NEP this week, it will be next season when teams are fully prepared to deal with him.

Last edited:
yeah but.. seriously if you were a Denver fan would you really think you have a shot at the SB?
Personally, I don't even think about having a "shot at the SB."

I look at the next game. We definitely have a shot. I'm guessing it's around a 20% chance. That's a bit less than what I gave them against the Steelers, but hey, there are 24 other teams that have zero shot of winning next week.

:rocker:

First, they said he wouldn't be a first round draft pick. Then, he'd never start. Then, he'd never win. Then, he'd never be able to turn the season around. Then, he'd never make the playoffs. Then, he'd never win the division. Then, he'd never win a playoff game. Well, he did all that.

So, now they're saying that even if he wins the Super Bowl this year, that won't be enough! Bronco fans are taking it in stride, and so does the team.

I sympathize with what you are trying to say, but unfortunately Tebow hasn't done enough to silence the critics with the exception of last weeks game. I see the big reason why they can't stand him is that I can count at least in 4/5 occasions this season where the Broncos have relied on other teams to breakdown in the final minutes of their games:

1. Miami - letting in 15 points in the last 5 minutes of the game after letting none in all game

2. Jets - failing to prevent a 95 yard drive at the end of the game after having no drives the entire game going more than 60

3. San Diego - in overtime has the ball at the Broncos 30 and instead of taking a FG on 3rd down run the ball and lose yards, then proceed to miss the FG

4. Bears - Barber running out of bounds to give enough time to drive for a fg then proceeding to fumble the ball in OT

5. Steelers - driving down field in the last minute of the game for the fg on denver 45 and snaps a bad snap that sends them back -11 yards to take them out of fg range. Then a false start 2 plays later for another 5 yards lost.

If one of those things does not happen Denver is not facing NE atm. Tebow as a qb does not provide the passing stats to defend himself at that position. His stats have only backed up the following:
1. He only got to be a starting qb through popularity, not through skill.
2. He only won most his games through luck/coincidence, what ever you call it, not through playing a full game.
3. He backed into the playoffs, he didn't win his division, the raiders lost it (you could even argue the chargers lost it).

So yeah I can see where the critics are coming from, It wasn't until this last game that he provided us with something that looked like a QB. You can't get mad at them for what they are saying unless Tebow does something really drastically amazing in terms of QB play (that isn't throwing 7 Hail Marys) to win the game. Cause until he does otherwise, they are basically right.

I sympathize with what you are trying to say, but unfortunately Tebow hasn't done enough to silence the critics with the exception of last weeks game. I see the big reason why they can't stand him is that I can count at least in 4/5 occasions this season where the Broncos have relied on other teams to breakdown in the final minutes of their games:

1. Miami - letting in 15 points in the last 5 minutes of the game after letting none in all game

2. Jets - failing to prevent a 95 yard drive at the end of the game after having no drives the entire game going more than 60

3. San Diego - in overtime has the ball at the Broncos 30 and instead of taking a FG on 3rd down run the ball and lose yards, then proceed to miss the FG

4. Bears - Barber running out of bounds to give enough time to drive for a fg then proceeding to fumble the ball in OT

5. Steelers - driving down field in the last minute of the game for the fg on denver 45 and snaps a bad snap that sends them back -11 yards to take them out of fg range. Then a false start 2 plays later for another 5 yards lost.

If one of those things does not happen Denver is not facing NE atm. Tebow as a qb does not provide the passing stats to defend himself at that position. His stats have only backed up the following:
1. He only got to be a starting qb through popularity, not through skill.
2. He only won most his games through luck/coincidence, what ever you call it, not through playing a full game.
3. He backed into the playoffs, he didn't win his division, the raiders lost it (you could even argue the chargers lost it).

So yeah I can see where the critics are coming from, It wasn't until this last game that he provided us with something that looked like a QB. You can't get mad at them for what they are saying unless Tebow does something really drastically amazing in terms of QB play (that isn't throwing 7 Hail Marys) to win the game. Cause until he does otherwise, they are basically right.

Pretty level-headed take, though if you're calling the throws against Pittsburgh "Hail Marys," I'd beg to differ (maybe that wasn't what you were saying, though).

The critics I fault are the one's who somehow "know" that just the idea of Tebow as a starting QB is a "joke."

Does he have some significant flaws as a QB? Yes.

Are they things that can't be overcome? I don't think so.

I don't think the read option as a primary attack is viable long-term (and really,I think it's been less than 1/3 of the play selection), but IF Tebow can just get into the low 50% range as a passer, then all the other things he brings to the table can make the Broncos a formidable opponent for other teams to try and stop.

And I don't think hoping a guy with less than a full season of starts under his belt can increase his completion percentage by 6-8 points is at all unreasonable.

- Werent the pats losing to miami before halftime?

- Tebow time. Revis getting run over.

- really ?missed field goals is the excuse now?

-Thomas drops wide open td pass from tebow in 1st half. but hey blaming the bears is easier.

5. Steelers - driving down field in the last minute of the game for the fg on denver 45 and snaps a bad snap that sends them bac

-turnover fumble that gave ball back to steelers on a drive they scored on...
game would have been 23 to 6.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes