PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brett Favre is giving pep talk to Eagles on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a related story Big Vince addressed the Pats after today's practice.
It's interesting to note the Pats have literally a hundred+ multiple SB winning alumni they could have address the team but the Eagles had to go outside the organization and they chose to bring in a guy that has one ring.

Pretty strange choice to bring in a guy who, as much as he loved the game, never really was a student of it. The same guy who didn't know what a nickel defense was, had trouble remembering formations/plays combination and for 20 years, literally winged it on the field. His freewheeling style was very exciting to watch, but left behind an equal amount of heartbreaks.

I always enjoyed watching him play for the Jets- that was the most fun I had watching football, when he'd lead his team to the cusp of victory and then yank the rug out from under them, again and again.

Pretty strange choice to bring in a guy who, as much as he loved the game, never really was a student of it. The same guy who didn't know what a nickel defense was, had trouble remembering formations/plays combination and for 20 years, literally winged it on the field. His freewheeling style was very exciting to watch, but left behind an equal amount of heartbreaks.

I always enjoyed watching him play for the Jets- that was the most fun I had watching football, when he'd lead his team to the cusp of victory and then yank the rug out from under them, again and again.

Besides beating the Pats in Tuna Crap's lame duck SB loss, Favre also cost us two more shots at SB's. In 2007 he threw a ridiculous pick to lose to the Giants in the NFCCG (no way he would have stopped the Pats 19-0 season) and in 2008 he beat the Pats to put them into a tie at 11-5 and a loss on the tie-breaker to Miami (the "winning" AFCW Chargers went instead with an 8-8 record).

i don't think your two posts are related, but they should be....
Jesus I wasn't even thinking on that level...

I was serious about Vermeil.

LOL

Favre came on CNN last night along with Dr Omalu on Amanpour's show where he basically said that the only way to make NFL safer is to not play and that he won't let his own kids play. He then said he knows Doug Pederson and is obliged to root for him but he thinks the Pats will win. Kind of weird to call him to talk to the Eagles when he thinks noone should play football and that the Pats will win the Superbowl. Imagine if he says that to the team.

Brett Favre: 'If you want to make football safer, 'don't play' - CNN

Favre actually has a weird gray **** though, people who have seen the unsolicited **** pics he sent to women please back me up on this

Besides beating the Pats in Tuna Crap's lame duck SB loss, Favre also cost us two more shots at SB's. In 2007 he threw a ridiculous pick to lose to the Giants in the NFCCG (no way he would have stopped the Pats 19-0 season) and in 2008 he beat the Pats to put them into a tie at 11-5 and a loss on the tie-breaker to Miami (the "winning" AFCW Chargers went instead with an 8-8 record).

All of which, of course, was not by design, but done unintentionally and haphazardly.

He did that to pretty much everyone.

Now that he's gone into their locker room, I feel much better about our chances on Sunday.

Im pretty sure he also screwed the Pats on the tie-breaker in 2002 by failing.
He also threw an interception at the end of the Mia-NYJ game on the last game of the season in 2008. Otherwise Miami and NYJ both probably finish 10-6, and Pats make the playoffs.

Basically if you can't get Eli, I guess Favre is the next best option. Hopefully Foles takes his advice of throwing game-losing interceptions to screw over the Pats to heart.

Im pretty sure he also screwed the Pats on the tie-breaker in 2002 by failing...
Was about to add 2002, though it was Favre's beating us in Foxborough that screwed us in a tie-breaker.

Edit: just looked-up GB's record during the 2002 season. Packers also lost to the Jesters, on the very last game of the regular season. So Favre screwed us Twice that season, by both winning and losing.

L. Blount- "how many super bowls does he have? one? nah I dont need his help"

Was about to add 2002, though it was Favre's beating us in Foxborough that screwed us in a tie-breaker.

Edit: just looked-up GB's record during the 2002 season. Packers also lost to the Jesters, on the very last game of the regular season. So Favre screwed us Twice that season, by both winning and losing.

I was at the 2008 game in Foxboro when Favre beat the Pats and put Miami in on the tie-breaker. It was Troy Brown day.

The Eagles coach (Pederson) used to be his backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference