PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Gronk to Retire

Easily the best draft pick by BB of the 2010s...and to think that we almost lost him to Baltimore, who was also looking at TE

oh, and no more Tommy and Gronky episodes lol...

Does he crack the top 5 All Time Greatest Boston Athletes list?

Easily the best draft pick by BB of the 2010s...and to think that we almost lost him to Baltimore, who was also looking at TE

oh, and no more Tommy and Gronky episodes lol...

AH should've been the second greatest pick of the 2010s and on that level too...oh well

AH should've been the second greatest pick of the 2010s and on that level too...oh well
As a player : loved AH. As a person… Oof.

To a much, much lesser extent (obv) I also loved Gronk the player and could do w/o the person. Even when he was in NE.

But : practiced hard, played hard, greatest TE ever. Well deserved retirement.

The expectation in Tampa was that he was going to re-sign, so they're probably shocked now. No announcement from them on IG or twitter. Be interesting to see how Brady does with Godwin (coming off ACL injury), Evans, and Gage...

The most important draft pick of the 2010's. Without him, I doubt Tom is there long enough to win their only championship without Gronk in 2016.

Great HOF TE Injuries cheated him some He'll probably unretire mid season we've seen this movie before. Gronk is definitely not the TC type and that's just around the corner.:)

GOAT TE.

Up there with Randy & Calvin in terms of "ultimate weapon" There's very few that could change a game like him. Outstanding blocking on the line, backfield. I love Kelce, Sharpe, Gonzo, Mark etc but this is so clear cut to me it's not funny.

Spectacular athleticism that could run through, around or by you. His balance and contact balance were second to none. He'd just take shot after shot and keep going. Ridiculous catch radius. He could go up and pluck a ball out the air with one hand or pick it up off the ground. Averaged like 15 per rec and was a walking TD.

Easily one of my all-time favorites you just don't see guys like that. He stood out among the most freakish athletes in the world.

Only reason I asked about top 5 Boston athlete is that Gronk:
Consensus GOAT at his position.
3 championships with Boston
Literally uncoverable one on one.

Was Bird ever considered the GOAT forward at any time in his career?
Does Gronks 3 rings and all his awards and defining of the TE position move him past Williams?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back