PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Braxton Berrios...My Binky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brit patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Maybe it is because of my love of the like of Wes, Jules, and Danny, but I really want him to make it. I also like the fact he can punt return as it means Jules doesn't need to do it.

Yes I do struggle to see his path to the team unless there is a surprise trade for Dorsett, but have my fingers crossed for him.

Anyone else a fan?

Maybe it is because of my love of the like of Wes, Jules, and Danny, but I really want him to make it. I also like the fact he can punt return as it means Jules doesn't need to do it.

Yes I do struggle to see his path to the team unless there is a surprise trade for Dorsett, but have my fingers crossed for him.

Anyone else a fan?
I am.

The next test for him is to catch passes from Tom vs 1st stringers

I hope he makes the team. He had a nice game Thurs but needs to continue to make plays on ST and in the passing game.

I am.

The next test for him is to catch passes from Tom vs 1st stringers

I hope he makes the team. He had a nice game Thurs but needs to continue to make plays on ST and in the passing game.

Totally agreed mate.

He need to really punch his own ticket as with Myers becoming a lock there are fewer avenues onto the team. Maybe he could overtake Harris who reports say hasn't been tearing it up as much recently as before. To be fair, without a trade I feel it is Berrios v Harris

I’ve been a fan of his since his time at Miami but my expectations for him are dialed down. If he’s got a realistic shot of making the squad, it’ll be as a returner right now.

I feel like he can be our next Edelman/Welker/Dola but needs time think about it, we drafted Edelman in 2009 and it took years for him to break out, Welker didn't breakout until he joined us after being in the league for some years, same with Dola he started out on the practice squad for a year or two and took some years also to kick on on top of being undrafted, I think he's ready this season in terms of flashes but overtime in our system I think he could nail it.

He plays much more like Welker than Edelman, who are not the same type of player even though they're both short. Doesn't look nearly as good as either of them but he's probably our best punt returner outside of Edelman. He could make the team for that reason.

I'd rather get excited about a guy like Meyers who's been consistently more impressive throughout camp.

I'll leave you with a name to ponder: T. J. Moe

He plays much more like Welker than Edelman, who are not the same type of player even though they're both short. Doesn't look nearly as good as either of them but he's probably our best punt returner outside of Edelman. He could make the team for that reason.

Totally agree...reminds me a lot more of Welker then Edelman.

Last edited:
Berrios surprised me the other night - looks like an ankle-breaker.

Two things have to happen for him to have a chance to make the team: he has to beat out Harris (I really don't see Myers going anywhere - they'd never get him to the PS), and Gordon can't be reinstated.

If the league lets Gordon back in, it's Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett*, Harry and Myers, imo.

*Dorsett is starting to scare me...as a binkie, I mean. He needs to step up. I don't think they'd cut him for Berrios, of course, but they might keep 4 if they think Thomas will be okay.

No love for Troy.....The Godfather of Slot?

Lots of love, but at 6ft (as I am 5.6, anyone who is 6ft is tall haha) he didn't fit into the 'smaller' part of my comparison. Troy a god to me, no doubt

Brown is 5'10", if that.

No, I always had him taller than that...

Wikipedia has him at 6ft too. Now I am tortured...I def have him taller than the three I mentioned but am happy to be proven wrong

Lots of love, but at 6ft (as I am 5.6, anyone who is 6ft is tall haha) he didn't fit into the 'smaller' part of my comparison. Troy a god to me, no doubt
Your narrative is based on height?
At least get Troy’s height right if you are going to declare “height” is your thing.

PS..... Amendola is taller

At least get Troy’s height right if you are going to declare “height” is your thing.

Wiki has Troy at 6ft...I have never stood next to him so not sure myself, but always pegged him as taller.

He wasn't as good as Riley McCarron last year (think about that) though he is improved at receiver and returner. The Pats would have to be taking 5 receivers even if Dorsett disappears in some way for him to make it at this point.

We can throw Austin Collie in there
I was very surprised we didnt go after Crowder but when you see what the Jets paid him then it made sense.
Adam Humphries well I hope the defensive backs hold him without a catch for all the scrimmages and the game action.

Doubt he makes the team as a WR. Too many quality players ahead of him.

He wasn't as good as Riley McCarron last year (think about that) though he is improved at receiver and returner. The Pats would have to be taking 5 receivers even if Dorsett disappears in some way for him to make it at this point.
I think he makes it as primary returner. WR is a bonus.

Gunner on the practice squad is better value in my eyes then Berrios on the 53 if Berrios makes the PS great but someone will poach him.
Gunner could become a special teams standout or a Swiss army knife in a season or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots