PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Braxton Berrios Hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess, Berrios will be given every opportunity. He will look good in the preseason. He may or may not be on the 53 as a placeholder for Edelman and/or Mitchell. That being said, I think that Berrios will not be on the 53 for the last half of the season.

If I had to guess, I’d bet he’ll end up being a productive player in this offense. God knows I’ve been wrong about that many times before though. But his skill set fits like a glove here. He has to put it together and should be afforded every opportunity to do that.

I’m not holding out hope for Berrios. He’s tiny, with short arms, and 9 other WRs on the roster. Some things he has going for him is excellent speed and good hands, and a decent to good punt returner. But that could be said for Riley McCarron as far as good speed, hands and probably a better punt returner.

I’m not holding out hope for Berrios. He’s tiny, with short arms, and 9 other WRs on the roster. Some things he has going for him is excellent speed and good hands, and a decent to good punt returner. But that could be said for Riley McCarron as far as good speed, hands and probably a better punt returner.
Good point about McCarron. It seems that so many are on the Berrios hype train that they are just assuming that his year in the system won’t be good enough to beat out the rookie. Perhaps they are right, but we should probably include the possibility of McCarron in our discussions a bit more.

Braxton Berrios is the most important player the Patriots have drafted in their history. He will re-invent the position of slot receiver in the NFL! He's wiry and you can't take that away from him. He never drops anything, well I've never seen him drop anything so it must be true.

Choo Choo! All aboard the Berrios hype train!

Population: me

Yeah he's a late round pick, but Jules was a 7th and Welker and Amendola went undrafted. It's not about how you get there, but what you do once you arrive
True, but the other question is how long does one take to emerge. Wekler did not emerge as a starter until year 3 in Miami, Edelman did not emerge until year 5. Given the competition at WR, Berrios does not have the luxury of a slow acclimation.

Matthews has to be the favorite to make the roster as the backup slot receiver unless Berrios really impresses in camp and preseason.

Matthews has to be the favorite to make the roster as the backup slot receiver unless Berrios really impresses in camp and preseason.

JM will be the starting slot receiver as he is one of the best in the league.

He's short and white, therefore he's the next Welker/DA/Edelman
And according to Reiss he's working out with the rehab players so he ticks the injury box too.
Braxton Berrios is the most important player the Patriots have drafted in their history. He will re-invent the position of slot receiver in the NFL! He's wiry and you can't take that away from him. He never drops anything, well I've never seen him drop anything so it must be true.

Choo Choo! All aboard the Berrios hype train!

Population: me
All he needs is cat-like quickness and he'd be the perfect patsfans.com hype monster!

And according to Reiss he's working out with the rehab players so he ticks the injury box too.

All he needs is cat-like quickness and he'd be the perfect patsfans.com hype monster!
Sammy is the expert on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back