PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Browner Having NFL Record Season For Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats defense only has 21 penalties

bill knows when to cut someone loose.
by far the best GM in the league.

I wouldn't mind having him as an enforcer type safety, where he doesn't have to cover the small, quick twitch type receivers (that's where he gets in trouble). Love the edge and intimidation he brings to the game. Great play on Butler's Super Bowl winning INT.

pretty sure BB would have used him differently to minimize Browner's weaknesses. he got a ring and then got paid, can't fault him for that or BB letting him go.

I wouldn't mind having him as an enforcer type safety, where he doesn't have to cover the small, quick twitch type receivers (that's where he gets in trouble). Love the edge and intimidation he brings to the game. Great play on Butler's Super Bowl winning INT.
...and he deflected a TD directed to Matthews as well. Huge play.

To be fair he cut him for salary reasons not play on the field reasons.

Same thing. He cut him since he wasn't worth $5m per year and we weren't willing/able to pay that.

I will never say a bad word about Browner after he played a key part in our SB run.

I personally believe he would be very good in a Patrick Chung type role with a team (playing SS and covering the 3rd WR if you're not in a nickel set).

I will never say a bad word about Browner after he played a key part in our SB run.

I personally believe he would be very good in a Patrick Chung type role with a team (playing SS and covering the 3rd WR if you're not in a nickel set).
His hips aren't fluid enough to play safety in the NFL. His speciality is jamming the opposing WR. If he can't do that, then he won't have much success for the afformentioned reason. It's CB or bust for Browner.

Is Sean Peyton still a top coach? I don't know what the situation is in NO, I know their defense is putrid, so maybe he is being forced to use Browner wrongly because he doesn't have anyone else but it's been night and day the difference between browner here and there. It's a known fact that you have to use Browner to his strengths and not send him in the field and say go make a play, he's gonna make a foul. That's on the coach.

Last edited:
The Pats would take him back in a minute as long as he left his contract in NO. He is what he is, a flawed CB with some unique skills. The Pats could use him against specific receivers and specific situations.

Who would you rather cover one of those GL fade routes to a 6'4 receiver, your 5'10 CB, or your 6'4 CB. I would be thrilled to have him for this stretch run. Matty P would use him right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes