PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's MVP Award to lose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Gronk will never be in contention becasue it's a QB league...but if Gronk goes down..this Pats O is screwed...and i mean screwed BIG time. But you could say the same with Brady..all though they did win 11 game without him that year and i think Jimmy G could get some Ws. But no questions it's Brady over Gronk. But Gronk is right up there becasue they lose him...they go nowhere come playoffs

Broncos could lose manning and you could throw me back there and i may be able to pull off 10-11 wins with all that talent. Why it shouldn't be manning at all becasue you could throw their scrub back up in and he could win 11 games with that team

I hope Brady gets it just because.

That said, the way they have just thrown the MVP at Manning every year has devalued the award to a point that I don't really care much about it anymore. I used to feel like it meant something. Now I'm not sure it does.

Broncos could lose manning and you could throw me back there and i may be able to pull off 10-11 wins with all that talent. Why it shouldn't be manning at all becasue you could throw their scrub back up in and he could win 11 games with that team

I'll be honest. If you put me in at QB in the NFL even behind the best O-line, I'll probably pee in my pants...and that is just pre-snap.

He was nice in that game, but the interception in the red zone makes 39 a cleaner game to me. Super bowl 38 was a shoot out in that second half though and Tom was on fire.

Yeah, that was ugly, but Tom threw an equally awful pass in SB39 that Branch bailed him out on. I still have no idea how it wasn't picked, little Deion just outmuscled the DB for the ball.

Considering how much more the team needed Tom in SB38, I'd call that his best even in light of the pick.

I think Tom was better in SB38.
I agree. That was his best performance in the big one. Rodney Harrison should have been the MVP in 39, He was an animal. Poor Hollywood Mitchell, he awakened the sleeping giant. The INT at the end should have cemented it for Rodney

What hurts the Brady vote with the heads this season, is TB plays so otherworldly it's practically boring. No pizzazz, no drama. The MVP votes go to guys who win but with drama. Comebacks. Bombs. Last minute drives. OT. Etc etc. TB just gets no respect for burying a team with lethal efficiency, crushing their spirit and replacing it with resigned hopelessness, then grinding out the clock with power runs. Of course at game end, shaking anyone's hand and tossing a smile to all who wants to, saying u played a real good game man, and throwing a heartfelt how's that family member in the hospital btw to all the players and coaches afterwards. Boooooring. Haha.

What hurts the Brady vote with the heads this season, is TB plays so otherworldly it's practically boring. No pizzazz, no drama. The MVP votes go to guys who win but with drama. Comebacks. Bombs. Last minute drives. OT. Etc etc. TB just gets no respect for burying a team with lethal efficiency, crushing their spirit and replacing it with resigned hopelessness, then grinding out the clock with power runs. Of course at game end, shaking anyone's hand and tossing a smile to all who wants to, saying u played a real good game man, and throwing a heartfelt how's that family member in the hospital btw to all the players and coaches afterwards. Boooooring. Haha.

This is the drama the NFL tends to vote for:

GrossPlayfulAmurratsnake.gif

The obvious choice if one is being given to me would be a SB win, but I would love to see Tommy get it this year. That is because this wouldn't just be a regular MVP award if that happened, IMO. Think about what has happened this season, especially recollecting what those first four weeks were like. Remember the fever pitch it reached after the conclusion of week 4? Remember the noise surrounding the team? I'll spare listing all the sh*t we heard about Tom and his relationship with the brain-trusts, the arrogance of BB, the end of the Tom Brady, the end of the Dynasty. Trent Dilfer emphatically declared, "They're not good anymore."

Moreover, Tom entered the season with a rookie entering year two coming off of off season foot surgery, a TE coming off of shredded knee surgery and nobody knew if he would return to form, and an offensive line that had a major piece subtracted, one that was abysmal in the aforementioned first four weeks. All resulted in Bray being destroyed, frustrated and his future in some limbo (not to me though). People were declaring him D.O.A. and I can't even imagine the grin on the idiot's face who wrote that article in teh off season. Frankly, we ought to count ourselves lucky that nothing major occurred to him during that time - a bum ankle being the worst of it.

Through it all and five weeks later, the man has the team at the top of the AFC once again. And if this team can make it through this min-gauntlet of really good teams having only dropped maybe one game, the team will be in position to have home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Now, I know he has not nearly accomplished this alone, as it takes a team to do it every time. But c'mon. Let us not be crazy. We know that #12 is and always will be the catalyst for all the good things on the field. When he's this great, the Patriots are damn near unbeatable. If the MVP award stood for what it should stand for, meaning not just ridiculous statistical numbers, then Brady should have more than Manning and should absolutely be a unanimous choice if he plays at this level or close to it for the remainder of the season. However, it is hard to imagine it will happen if Manning continues to throw four and five touchdown passes per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back