PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's first touchdown football going up for auction

I didn’t know Glenn threw the ball into the stands and they never got it back. I wonder if Brady is mad about that to this day.

I remember that game. When i went to work the next day I remember a guy I work with saying" I'm never going to turn off a game until its over ever again."

Last edited:
I remeber that game. When i went to work the next day I remember a guy I work with saying" I'm never going to turn off a game until its over ever again."
I remember that game. I was sitting next to him when he caught it.

This will be interesting. Do we have anything comparable so we can hazard a guess?
This is from another article about the football:

Lelands has previously sold other Brady-related memorabilia. The football used to defeat the Colts in the 2014 AFC Championship Game that was part of the Deflategate scandal, where the Patriots were accused of deflating footballs for an advantage, was sold in 2015 for more than $43,000, ESPN reported.
And Lelands sold a Brady-signed rookie card for $2.25 million in April, the outlet reported.

I think this football is much more valuable than the "Deflategate" football though. It's probably going to sell for more like the Brady rookie card money.

This is from another article about the football:

Lelands has previously sold other Brady-related memorabilia. The football used to defeat the Colts in the 2014 AFC Championship Game that was part of the Deflategate scandal, where the Patriots were accused of deflating footballs for an advantage, was sold in 2015 for more than $43,000, ESPN reported.
And Lelands sold a Brady-signed rookie card for $2.25 million in April, the outlet reported.

I think this football is much more valuable than the "Deflategate" football though. It's probably going to sell for more like the Brady rookie card money.

I poked around too but I stayed away from cards because they're sorta in a world of their own. However, like you, I would think this would go for a lot more than the deflategate ball.

So far the bidding is at a little over $91,000 with 25 days left to go.

Here's a link to the auction: Lelands

CURRENT BID: $100,507.00​

Lelands

You'd think Tom might want to purchase it himself. I'd want that ball.

You'd think Tom might want to purchase it himself. I'd want that ball.
I think maybe if it were mine I would try to contact TB and tell him, let us see what it brings, and if you want it maybe we can make a deal. I don't know what Lelands allows? I would think if Brady got it back, autographed it, it would be worth more so he wouldn't lose on the deal.

I think maybe if it were mine I would try to contact TB and tell him, let us see what it brings, and if you want it maybe we can make a deal. I don't know what Lelands allows? I would think if Brady got it back, autographed it, it would be worth more so he wouldn't lose on the deal.
he offered it back to the team that year... the team never contacted him about it

he offered it back to the team that year... the team never contacted him about it
Didn't know that. Well, **** 'em then.

I thought it would end up being more when it finished ,
Final price: $357,368.00

I thought it would end up being more when it finished ,
Final price: $357,368.00
Not a bad chunk of change though.

I wonder if that's a good investment?

The question I have is why wouldn't Brady want the ball?

Hope Kraft buys it and puts it in Patriot Place

The question I have is why wouldn't Brady want the ball?
because giselle was like "you've spent 5 million on your rookie cards this year already... theres no way you are gonna spend a million more on a deflated football"

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back