Brady's Agent to Start NFL Developmental League

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
A League of His Own: Law Grad (Tom Brady’s Agent) Starting New Football Club
The track record for new sports leagues is hit-or-miss. A few, like the American Football League, make it. Most – recall, if you can, the United States Football League or the XFL – don’t.

Sports super-agent Don Yee, a 1987 graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, thinks he has an idea that can beat the odds.

Yee, a partner at Los Angeles-based management and consulting firm Yee & Dubin Sports Inc., intends to launch Pacific Pro Football in the summer of 2018. Pac Pro, as they call it, aims to be a developmental league for the NFL and an alternative to the college ranks. Players will be less than three years removed from high school (and thus not eligible for the pro draft) and, very much unlike college, will be paid an average salary of $50,000. Pac Pro’s organizers, who also include former New York Giants and Denver Broncos receiver Ed McCaffrey and Fox Sports executive Jeff Husvar, hope to field four teams in Southern California.

Every now and then I start a "whatever happened to semi-pro" thread, then nobody answers. I think that's because I did this about 5-10 years ago and somebody said "money can't work." Or because, who cares, right?

Fwiw I think I did this last week and actually named a 50k figure.

Yee has a new wrinkle - the not yet eligible angle. It will be interesting to see what comes of it.

It's not gonna catch on but I'd absolutely love for this to ruin college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back