PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady the Best? Colts fans won't like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marino never won a thing and still made the list. Manning will end his career with better statistics than Marino, as well as (at least) one Super Bowl ring. I'd replace Terry Bradshaw with Peyton Manning on that list.

If I had to rank them...

1) Brady
2) Manning
3) Montana
4) Elway
5) Unitas

I'll leave out Graham and Baugh because they were from such a different era when it came to throwing the ball that it really isn't fair.

The extent of my football goes back to about the mid 1970's. Any QB regardless of how great they might have been is off my radar simply because I never saw them play. Here's my list:

1. Montana
2. Brady
3. Elway
4. Bradshaw
5. Aikman

Note: If the Pats D holds on in SB 42 and Brady is 4-0 in Sb's instead of 3-1, I'd have put him over Montana.

If I could bring myself to vote objectively, I would have voted for Montana. However, I can't bring myself to do that so I voted Brady. Realistically, this is what I think the top five of all time is (and I'm being objective here)...

1a. Montana
1b. Brady
3. Unitas
4. Elway
5. Favre

And before I get attacked for #5, I know Favre isn't God and that he threw a lot of interceptions. I know he was a careless cowboy and a gunslinger. But the guy owns every major statistical passing record as well as the record for consecutive starts in a league marred by injuries. He also won a Super Bowl. I believe he deserves a right to be on that list. And, now that he's not a Jet anymore, I can comfortably put him on that list.

If I could bring myself to vote objectively, I would have voted for Montana. However, I can't bring myself to do that so I voted Brady. Realistically, this is what I think the top five of all time is (and I'm being objective here)...

1a. Montana
1b. Brady
3. Unitas
4. Elway
5. Favre

And before I get attacked for #5, I know Favre isn't God and that he threw a lot of interceptions. I know he was a careless cowboy and a gunslinger. But the guy owns every major statistical passing record as well as the record for consecutive starts in a league marred by injuries. He also won a Super Bowl. I believe he deserves a right to be on that list. And, now that he's not a Jet anymore, I can comfortably put him on that list.

vicodin....

vicodin....

Just about every player takes an unhealthy number of painkillers that are prescribed willy-nilly by team doctors. I mean, they need them to play the game, but Favre isn't the only guy in the NFL who's been addicted to Vicodin and other narcotic painkillers, he's just one of the few who went to rehab for the problem and at the time was one of the best players in the league.

I strongly dislike Brett Favre, but painkillers didn't have a whole lot to do with his streak. His ego actually did more for it - many times he refused to believe that him sitting would help the team (that and he wanted to keep the streak going) so he played through immense pain, and often played poorly.

Last edited:
The problem with polls such as this is that such a high percentage of voters vote based on the team and player they are fans (or rivals) of, that the lack of objectivity makes the results useless. In addition, the majority of votes tend to go too heavily to recent players; predictably, the quarterbacks who played longest ago get the least votes and those that played more recently get the most votes.

I agree with you 100%...now get on over there and vote for Tommy!!!!

1) Give Peyton a break. He wrote Troy Brown a nice lover letter.

2) There is no greatest QB. It's really a fan amnesia test.

Last edited:
I think Montana has to be #1. But if Brady comes back healthy and wins one or two more then there won't be much of a debate. Come back soon Tommy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes