3. Julian Edelman
4. Randy Moss
5. Mike Evans
6. Deion Branch
7. Kevin Faulk
8. James White
9. Troy Brown
10. Danny Amendola

Just missing the list by a whisker: Chris Godwin (injuries kept him from making the list)

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Honestly shocked he didn’t mention Deion Branch
No

Or Troy Brown.

I'm not. They had great moments as Patriots but they weren't stars in the grand scheme of things. Branch turned into a pumpkin the second he left New England, and the two of them combined for 1 Pro Bowl appearance.

Gronk, Moss, Welker, and Evans (if he's good a while longer) are all plausible HOFers and Edelman was a postseason/Super Bowl superstar. Godwin is the odd man out I guess but he's also only 25.

Edelman was a postseason/Super Bowl superstar. Godwin is the odd man out I guess but he's also only 25.
So was Branch. Branch has a Super Bowl MVP in 2004, and he had even better production than Edelman did in Super Bowls as Branch caught 10 balls for 145 yards and a 52 yard TD in 2003, when he wasn't the MVP.

Branch made the most clutch catch I've seen in a Patriots Super Bowl. That was the grab over 3 defenders that Brady had ticketed for an INT to give the Panthers the Super Bowl. I put that catch up against to Edelman's famous grab against the Falcons.

Top 10 pass-catchers for Brady (not considering wins & losses):

1. Wes Welker
2. Rob Gronkowski
3. Julian Edelman
4. Randy Moss
5. Mike Evans
6. Deion Branch
7. Kevin Faulk
8. James White
9. Troy Brown
10. Danny Amendola

Just missing the list by a whisker: Chris Godwin (injuries kept him from making the list)

I'd have to put Gronk first and a little space between him and the next one.

I'd have to put Gronk first and a little space between him and the next one.
Yeah, I can't really argue against Gronk. I just couldn't get past the average season for Brady-to-Welker: 112-1260-7

No N’Keal Harry or Ochocino? :(

Brady's just being humble. The WRs job is to catch what gets near you.

But what about the countless receivers that Brady made look great and never were better than they were in New England?

Welker, Edelman, Branch, Patten, Caldwell, Amendola, etc. etc.

Media bias against Brady rears up its ugly head. Meanwhile Aaron Rodgers wins the MVP with a better ranked group of WRs in Devante Adams, Randall Cobb, Amari Rodgers, etc.

Rodgers 2021 4115 passing yards 7.7 ypa 37 passing TD
Brady 2021 5316 passing yards 7.4 ypa 43 passing TDs

So Brady throws for 1200 yards MORE than Rodgers yet he's not good enough for MVP. It's cos Brady's receivers make him look better while it's Rodgers making his receivers look better by passing for LESS? Sure... whatever. SMH.

Last edited:

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back