PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady non-handshakes in SB losses....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I believe he didn’t shake hands yesterday with Foles. Is it true that in all the 3 SB losses he didn’t shake the opposing QBs hand? I love Brady to death but wanted to know if this is true and if so.....why doesn’t he?

I believe he didn’t shake hands yesterday with Foles. Is it true that in all the 3 SB losses he didn’t shake the opposing QBs hand? I love Brady to death but wanted to know if this is true and if so.....why doesn’t he?

I gotta be honest here: Pending it's true, I don't like the no hand shake thing one bit. Wilson went out to shake hands with Patriots players after the most crushing loss of his career. Ryan sought him out after a heartbreaker. I understand your upset, but at least take two seconds to shake hands.

I agree that he needs to shake hands. Just shows magnanimity - which he has. Not a good look when he doesn’t - especially since both Wilson and Ryan did.

There’s a photo of Brady shaking some Eagle player’s hand immediately after the game ended. Couldn’t tell who it was.

Who knows why he missed out on Foles. Maybe he didn’t see him right away and felt it was better not to hang around and let the new champs enjoy the moment. Maybe he will do what Manning did and call or text Foles later.

Couldn’t care less to be honest.

Last edited:
I don't care too much, and I wouldn't be upset if the opposing team's QB doesn't shake hands if they lost (Super Bowl, not regular season).

I can't imagine the emotions going through a person at that moment; I won't judge their actions or decisions one way or another. Maybe if he had stayed on the field any longer he would have collapsed or something.

Knowing him, he probably texts or talks to them later, when he has better control of his emotions. Media makes a bigger deal out of it then necessary.

gettyimages-914355360.jpg

Edit: Ertz?

Because he’s as competitive as hell and a sore loser. That’s one of the things that makes him great.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi

As long as someone is respectful before the game (ie no trash talk or whatsoever) or pathetic excuses afterwards I have no problem with someone being a bad loser.

I'm sure Foles had better things to do then scoure the field for a handshake from Brady.

Also sure brady will reach out to him and congratulate him privately.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Brady is not a poor loser. He takes losses hard. I’d expect nothing less from the GOAT.

Big difference.

If the worst thing about him is beibe a bad loser I'm good with that. HonHones I hhav no problem with bad losers.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi

As long as someone is respectful before the game (ie no trash talk or whatsoever) or pathetic excuses afterwards I have no problem with someone being a bad loser.
Vince actually walked that back in an interview after he had left the packers. TB shook a few hands then when it got crazy down on the field he left, I heard him say after another loss it's the winning teams time to celebrate on the field. I know Giselle tweeted congrats.

Tom Brady Has Unfinished Business After Super Bowl LII Loss

While Brady was walking, he encountered Brandon Graham, of the strip-sack fame, who had just left the field. The two Michigan Men shook hands and spoke briefly.

“‘Go Blue, baby,’” Graham recalls telling Brady. “That’s all I got to say, because he’s the man. You can’t take away what he’s done. He made us work hard and made us earn that one. That guy right there, on the last drive, you know, people put their money on it. And I’m just happy that we didn’t let him.”

Manning also didnt shake brees's hand. No big deal.But its brady so its a big deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes