Brady moving to New York?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.nypost.com/realestate/gimme_shelter_realestate_braden_keil.htm

Brady looks to spend a bunch

Is New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady moving to New York?

Sources told us the two-time Super Bowl MVP and his gal pal Bridget Moynahan were at the Cipriani Club Residences at 55 Wall St. two weeks ago. Brady was looking to combine penthouse units in the luxury condo conversion development.

"He said he has a $15 million budget, give or take a few million," said a source familiar with the search.

And just a few days ago, Brady returned to Cipriani - without Moynahan and with a ravishing blonde, our source says - to further explore his options. Why he's looking for such a pricey pad is anyone's guess (please come play for the Jets, Tom!)

One potential reason: Moynahan, the leggy raven-haired actress who stars in the upcoming TV series "Six Degrees," is filming her new show in New York.

Last edited by a moderator:
mikey said:
And just a few days ago, Brady re...r the brunette and one for the blonde...DAMN!

More potential reasons: He's ridiculously handsome, filthy rich, world famous, still young enough to have fun with all of that, and is a brand/commodity unto himself. It should be surprising that he might buy a sweet piece of real estate in the greatest city in country? He'll own NYC. That is, unless he stumbles into a Jets sportsbar or something.

It's your world, Tom. We all just live in it.

mikey said:
http://www.nypost.com/realestate/gimme_shelter_realestate_braden_keil.htm

Brady looks to spend a bunch

Is New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady moving to New York?

Sources told us the two-time Super Bowl MVP and his gal pal Bridget Moynahan were at the Cipriani Club Residences at 55 Wall St. two weeks ago. Brady was looking to combine penthouse units in the luxury condo conversion development.

"He said he has a $15 million budget, give or take a few million," said a source familiar with the search.

And just a few days ago, Brady returned to Cipriani - without Moynahan and with a ravishing blonde, our source says - to further explore his options. Why he's looking for such a pricey pad is anyone's guess (please come play for the Jets, Tom!)

One potential reason: Moynahan, the leggy raven-haired actress who stars in the upcoming TV series "Six Degrees," is filming her new show in New York.

Seems like a good reason to move. Its not like hes from Boston or MA and has lots of family here.

I have to say, if I were rich and famous I would absolutely want to live in New York. It's the one place where celebrities can live in some semblance of normality -- not shut off in gated compounds or treated like the only show in town. Heck, they actually get to walk places.

When I lived in NYC I'd see famous folks fairly often, and for the most part nobody bothered them. There's sort of a code of behavior -- you can say "huh, Steve Martin's sitting at the next table," but then you leave him alone because as a New Yorker you're suppose to be cool and blase. :)

Alright, Tommy Boy.:rocker:

Maybe he'll get Yanks season tickets.

I dont really give a damn about the Red Sox or baseball so if he wants to go to Yanks games thats cool....he also went to a Miami Heat game. I've been to New York City, awesome place, no offense but Boston is a pretty crappy city. A lot more to do in NYC.

Kdo5 said:
I dont really give a damn about the Red Sox or baseball so if he wants to go to Yanks games thats cool....he also went to a Miami Heat game. I've been to New York City, awesome place, no offense but Boston is a pretty crappy city. A lot more to do in NYC.

You could not be more wrong about Boston. It is a great city! That being said, it is small and Brady is way to big for it, but I am sure he has no problems with the city itself. He moved from the burbs to the middle of downtown.

ghostPatsfan said:
More potential reasons: He's ridiculously handsome, filthy rich, world famous, still young enough to have fun with all of that, and is a brand/commodity unto himself. It should be surprising that he might buy a sweet piece of real estate in the greatest city in country? He'll own NYC. That is, unless he stumbles into a Jets sportsbar or something.

It's your world, Tom. We all just live in it.

I truly believe that if Tom had won the 3 Lombardis with the Jets, the West Side stadium would have been built and it would be called the "House that Brady Built".

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:

Yeah, NYC is an awesome place. If you like crowds, concrete, noise, filth, crime, traffic, and a few other things. Great place.

You can have it. I don't even like having to drive near it. I take the Tappan Zee Bridge and go around through NJ on 287 just to not have to look at it.

Kdo5 said:

Plus in New York you don't have the ceilings in your tunnels falling down on cars and killing the passengers...

patchick said:
I have to say, if I were rich and famous I would absolutely want to live in New York. It's the one place where celebrities can live in some semblance of normality -- not shut off in gated compounds or treated like the only show in town. Heck, they actually get to walk places.

When I lived in NYC I'd see famous folks fairly often, and for the most part nobody bothered them. There's sort of a code of behavior -- you can say "huh, Steve Martin's sitting at the next table," but then you leave him alone because as a New Yorker you're suppose to be cool and blase. :)

That's a good point - I doubt Tom can go anywhere in Boston without being mobbed. I read in an interview that he only goes out if he feels he can handle it, suggesting a bit of a hassle.

JD10367 said:
Yeah, NYC is an awesome place. If you like crowds, concrete, noise, filth, crime, traffic, and a few other things. Great place.

You can have it. I don't even like having to drive near it. I take the Tappan Zee Bridge and go around through NJ on 287 just to not have to look at it.

I am afraid you still have the old stereotype of NYC.

For example, you mentioned "CRIME".

According to federal statistics, NYC is the SAFEST major city in America. The city has the LOWEST crime rate among the 25 largest American cities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City#_note-crime

IMHO, the reason he would think about moving to NY is very clear. He has mentioned over and over that he feels a little overwhelmed in Boston, because he simply cannot function as a normal human being. He is mobbed by fans wherever he goes. He has to take pictures with the fan's girlfriend, the fan's wife, the fan's kids, he has to sign autographs on napkins when he is trying to eat, he is swarmed by people when he gets gas or groceries, and on and on. He says it can take him an hour to get in and out of a convenient store.

Brady is a private person, he is careful about what he says, and he thinks before he talks. He doesn't want to be a Cult of Personality. He wants to be left alone to do his own thing and not be mobbed every second he is in public.

There is a world of difference between buying property in a city and moving to it. At least for those with the bank account to accommodate that lifestyle. Obviously if Bridget is going to be filming a series in NYC she will need a place to live. And Tom may prefer it to be a place where he can invest some of his tremendous cap dollars pretty safely...

He will still "live" here. He has to if only to maintain his strangle hold on the best parking space at Gillette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drewwho said:
Damned, I want this guys life!!! What is up with that? One penthouse for the brunette and one for the blonde...DAMN!
Just don't let them run into each other. :eek:

On second thought, the wife and the girlfriend crossing paths would be worse. Don't pop any questions yet, Tom.

i still dont understand why people attack each other on what cities they like. I think NYC sux and all the stats in the world wont change that. I also think Pittsbrugh sucks but hey thats just me.

patchick said:

That's what John Lennon thought <g>

Last edited:
New York may be the safest city in America. But it's still a heap of trash that is so jealous to have the historical significance of a Boston or Philadelphia. The people have a major inferiority complex which is why they always end up touting themselves as "the greatest city" or having the "best of everything". I know. I live here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents