PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Breaks Another Record: # TD passes to different receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last night during the telecast they mentioned that Brady set the all time record for most number of different receivers to be on the receiving end of his touchdown passes (71).

Some fun things to point out here............

Who was on the receiving end of his first TD pass: Terry Glenn

Who was on the receiving end of his record breaking TD pass: Josh Gordon

Funny how it's two troubled wide receivers.

Another fun fact.......there are TWO players that have caught TD passes from Brady but aren't officially on this list (since they happened in the playoffs). They are Nate Solder and James Develin, both coincidentally caught a TD pass in the same game (2014 AFC Championship Game vs Indy).

More fun facts..........

The list of TD receivers includes an offensive lineman (Tom Ashworth, vs TB 2005), a linebacker (Mike Vrabel, multiple TDs), and a STAR receiver (at one point) who only caught one (Chad OchoCinco, 2011 at DEN).

This is one of the most impressive records. It will be very difficult to break because if you throw enough passes for a realistic shot, you’re usually a franchise QB, and those guys are now locked into their team for a long time. Testaverde played for like 7 teams.

Anyone know if there’s a list out there? I wonder how many Goober had. 15?

This is one of the most impressive records. It will be very difficult to break because if you throw enough passes for a realistic shot, you’re usually a franchise QB, and those guys are now locked into their team for a long time. Testaverde played for like 7 teams.

Anyone know if there’s a list out there? I wonder how many Goober had. 15?

It was 45 as of 2014, went up at least a couple after that (Owen Daniels for sure, maybe a couple more): Peyton Manning passing touchdown record: List of players that have caught a TD pass

some memories, good and bad...

image1-1.png

TB12 has broken a lot of records -- the receivers/TDs is a great one - but the big enchiladas usually write history:
---Already Broken---
Regular Season Wins - 199
Post Season Wins - 27
SB Starts - 8
SB Starts/wins - 5
---Will Break---
TDs (third) - 500 (needs 39 to break record - on track for approx. mid 2019 season)
Yards (fourth) - 67,418 (needs 4.523 yards - on track for approx. later 2019 season)

I expect TB12 to play at least one more season beyond 2018, so by the end of the 2019 season the top trophy shelf records will belong exclusively to Tom Brady (did I miss one?). They can officially rename the top trophy shelf the TB12 shelf.

---Will Break---
TDs (third) - 500 (needs 39 to break record - on track for approx. mid 2019 season)
Yards (fourth) - 67,418 (needs 4.523 yards - on track for approx. later 2019 season)

I expect TB12 to play at least one more season beyond 2018, so by the end of the 2019 season the top trophy shelf records will belong exclusively to Tom Brady (did I miss one?). They can officially rename the top trophy shelf the TB12 shelf.

I don’t think Brady will have most yards and most TD’s will be broken by Brees. That’s if Brees doesn’t overtake him this year. He is 4 behind. I love Brady but Brees is going to own many of records too.

I don’t think Brady will have most yards and most TD’s will be broken by Brees. That’s if Brees doesn’t overtake him this year. He is 4 behind. I love Brady but Brees is going to own many of records too.

My 'non Patriots NFL can go to hell' ignorance of other teams really showed. Thanks Dark Knight for the corrected info...

As long as rapist buckethead boltneck is relegated to the dustbin of history, I'm fine with a class act like Drew co-sharing many of the passing records.

regular season passing
I love Brady
Deserves a hug
he big enchiladas
some memories
impressive records
More fun facts

New England Newspaper Recasts Tom Brady Recast as Superman – Adweek

Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

("Look! Up in the sky!" "It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's TB12!")

Yes, it's TB12 ... strange visitor from the Bay area, who came to Foxborough with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men! TB12 ... who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel in his bare hands, and who, disguised as Tom Brady, mild-mannered quarterback for a great metropolitan football team, fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and the American way!

LowellSun_09_04.jpg

My 'non Patriots NFL can go to hell' ignorance of other teams really showed. Thanks Dark Knight for the corrected info...
Brees now has the passing yards record. I would imagine it will now move further and further away from Brady. Brees is still 1 TD behind him. We could get to a point next year where the passing TD's record could change hands every week and really devalue it for the NFL as a big thing.

Brees now has the passing yards record. I would imagine it will now move further and further away from Brady. Brees is still 1 TD behind him. We could get to a point next year where the passing TD's record could change hands every week and really devalue it for the NFL as a big thing.
Brees is currently about 4,700 yards ahead of Brady and will likely increase the gap over the remainder of the season.

Really, the only way for Brady to eventually own the career passing yardage record will be to play for at least 1.5 seasons after Brees hangs up the cleats.

Another fun fact...........

Brady has thrown TD passes to at least three guys (that I can think of) who have caught TDs from him while wearing different numbers.

Deion Branch - 83 and 84

Aaron Hernandez - 85 and 81

Donte Stallworth - 18 and 19

Kind of crazy that Vinny held the record before him, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill