PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady became the 1st QB in NFL history to go 100 games over .500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Brady

Brady's career record currently sits at 139-39 (regular season), which is currently 100 games over .500. My question is, has any other QB EVER been at 100 games over .500?

Re: Question about Brady

I hope SB1 doesn't see this thread because he'll be duty bound to say how meaningless it is.

Sorry OP, private joke.

Good looks I didnt see that, crazy accomplishment.

I hope SB1 doesn't see this thread because he'll be duty bound to say how meaningless it is.

Sorry OP, private joke.

Haha very funny.

Not duty bound, just informed enough to know that QBs don't win football games. Teams do. Fact.

So now that little reminder is out there, I take it we won't be hearing any more meaningless babble like "Tebow just wins", yes? Thank goodness for that.

Haha very funny.

Not duty bound, just informed enough to know that QBs don't win football games. Teams do. Fact.

So now that little reminder is out there, I take it we won't be hearing any more meaningless babble like "Tebow just wins", yes? Thank goodness for that.

Actually, the very first time I said that I didn't actually just mean games - I meant as a character generally but which then got twisted into a discussion about whether QBs win games. Still, as you say, Btady's accomplishment here is absolutely meaningless ;)

Actually, the very first time I said that I didn't actually just mean games - I meant as a character generally but which then got twisted into a discussion about whether QBs win games. Still, as you say, Btady's accomplishment here is absolutely meaningless ;)

I would agree for sure with the character argument. Will disagree every time about QB's winning games, because they don't. Teams do.

Since QB's don't win games on their own, Brady's accomplishment has just as much to do with his team around him and his coach, as it does about his own skills. As is true for any QB.

Amazing what Tom and BB have accomplished since Tom became the QB. They don't talk about this surreal achievement in the media though its all about Peyton breaking the TD record through three games

Amazing what Tom and BB have accomplished since Tom became the QB. They don't talk about this surreal achievement in the media though its all about Peyton breaking the TD record through three games

But just wait until Peyton finds out that not only does he have to throw passes, he has to catch them too!

Brady's career record currently sits at 139-39 (regular season), which is currently 100 games over .500. My question is, has any other QB EVER been at 100 games over .500?

Nope, Brady is the first. To put his record in perspective, consider the fact that only 12 QB's in NFL history have reached the 100 win plateau.

Think about that. Only 12 QB's have ever won 100 games and Brady has not only surpassed that mark, but he's actually 100 games over .500.

139-39

Players like McNabb, Simms, Bledsoe, Bart Starr, Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Dan Fouts, and Roger Staubach never made it to 100 wins.

Brady's winning percentage is .780 which is by far the best of all time.

The next best winning percentages are:
2) Staubach 85-29 (.746)
3) Montana 117-47 (.713)

No other QB with 100 career starts is over .700

Having said that, there are some others worthy of being mentioned with winning percentages over .700.

Otto Graham was 57-13 (.814) in NFL games but also amassed a pretty impressive record when his Browns played in the AAFC league before joining the NFL.

Daryl Lamonica was 66-16 (.784) in the 1960's and '70's.

Matt Ryan is 57-24 (.704) so far in his NFL career. Not too shabby.

and lastly, I should mention...

Peyton Manning is 157-70 giving him a winning percentage of .692. Without doing any calculations in my head, I'd guess that he has an outside shot of reaching .700 if his Broncos continue on their current trajectory for 3-4 more years or so.

Brett Favre currently has the most wins with 186. Contrary to popular opinion, his 112 losses is not the most. That dubious distinction belongs to Vinny Testeverdee who lost 123 games in his career.

Haha very funny.

Especially teams with bad quarterbacks.

Yeah, that Brady. He's really slowing down...

Today's game is about big passing yards and pro bowls. Winning doesn't mean squat.

"Winning isn't everything, in fact it doesn't mean squat......"

Who is Vince Lombardi?

Correct!

I'll take famous sports quotes for 200 Alex.

OK

"good, it's because you fell, have another donut you fat pig....."

:rocker: That record is amazing

funny how that is the only place that i have seen this fact being pointed out.

I do buy into the comments that its the team that wins the game not just the QB - However for a bit of fun I was playing around with the records of the current QBs that have a chance to emulate the 100 games over .500, and using their 5 best years win/loss ratio to determine how long it would take them to get to TB's achievement.

Peyton is of course the closest and could reach the magic mark this season if the Broncos go 16-0. But even if Peyton emulates his best 5 year average he should get to 100 more wins than losses early next season. A mark he would reach with close to 4 more seasons than Brady. If I take his career average (11 wins 5 losses) it wouldn't be until season 2015 and he would be in his 40s.

Next up would be:
Roethlisburger in season 2020 when he would be 38
Brees in season 2022 when he would be 43
*Rogers in season 2027 when he would be 44
Eli in season 2030 when he would be entering his 50th year

*Rogers has only had 5 full seasons which includes a 6-10 losing one, which marks him down a bit.

again this was just for fun, but it puts Brady's effort in relationship to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes