PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Back at the Cliff Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very happy with the skin I am in
Might be on a bit too tight, though.

if I was standing over there with my daughter (who is 8 years old) to make sure she was ready to jump and explain to her that she can't yank her hand back last minute which could cause either or both of us to get hurt.
:confused: Oh stop it. There's no way you or anyone else can anticipate something like that. Brady clearly was careful with his daughter making sure she (A) wanted to do it and (B) she was ready to go on 3. Brady did all he could do -- the right thing -- by holding onto her tight as he left the rock. End of story.

Might be on a bit too tight, though.

And...just like that...the Fickle Finger of Fate award for best riposte of the day has been decided.

What dangerous "little mistake" are you imagining? You must think Brady is an idiot.

You'd better not leave home today, plenty of potentially dangerous little mistakes out there. Things can go really bad. ;)

the insane awkwardness of her obviously not jumping/being ready for the jump and him basically pulling her down. He's an NFL player so he has a lot of strength which was enough to have her clear the rocks, but it didn't look like by much

I don't disagree with doing the "cliff" jumping with his daughter, the video just looks insanely awkward and with anything of that nature, a little slip on a wet rock, etc can spell disaster. Your complete dismissal of any potential danger, referring to the very idea as "nonsense" was what I was rebutting, not the cliff jumping itself... Yes, there is OBVIOUS levels of danger in doing what they're doing, and the timing being off like that where she didn't jump elevates that danger a bit.. whether thats 0.5% chance of something bad happening being raised to 1%, or whatever.. who knows, who cares

Your last sentence is simply laughable so I won't bother

Last edited:
These people who claim issue with the risks of the child would no doubt have no problem sending young children to junkies for visits to ensure a relationship is fostered with a parent whos nothing but bad news. Doubly so if said parent doesn't have a y chromosome. Get over yourselves.

This is a judgement thing and some of us think it is reasonable, while others do not.. but the whole junkie thing is a tad absurd as I am not sure ol' Tom has a drug addled mind..

IMO this appears to be a well informed reasonable risk, from a family who takes a lot of risks both by the parents and with the children.. if Vivian was forced or did this against her will, it would be a different story..

The Dutch have a practice of "dropping" whereby children are dropped in the woods at night and have to find their way back.. socially acceptable there, in the US probably not.. the point being is there are different standards for different cultures and different families..

A Peculiarly Dutch Summer Rite: Children Let Loose in the Night Woods

Last edited:
That looks dangerous, yanking at her hand last minute like that. Borderline irresponsible. Surprised he posted this so casually.

I don't how anybody could disagree there that jump was not smooth and he could have separated his daughters shoulder.

If this is child endangerment then my dad and uncles should have been locked up a few times.

If I was a celebrity, I wouldn't share anything with the masses.

She obviously hesitated which created the pull from Brady. Not a huge deal, it happens, and a lesson learned for next time.

Amazing how many people love to parent other people's kids from their couch.

If this is child endangerment then my dad and uncles should have been locked up a few times.

If I was a celebrity, I wouldn't share anything with the masses.

She obviously hesitated which created the pull from Brady. Not a huge deal, it happens, and a lesson learned for next time.
I think this is exactly what happened, and Brady's thought process was to pull her hard enough to make sure she cleared the rocks below. Landing on those would have been far worse than having her arm yanked by daddy.

Too many people clutching their pearls over this.

None of you have lives.
This is child endangerment. These are just a few examples of some of the stories I have read about child endangerment and abuse. Where was your outrage for these kids? Many of them didn't survive.
He didn't pour water on her and beat her.
He didn't seal her in a wall with bricks, depriving her of food and a bathroom.
He didn't put her in a oven and turn it on.
There is a story of a little 5 year old boy who died of heart failure. He was beaten to death.
The story haunts me everyday. So this talk of child endangerment in connection with Brady is ridiculous. There are children who spend every minute of everyday in real danger and no one cares until they are dead.

Brady needs to shut down this social media garbage. This is not a society you should have in your business. All people do is sit in judgement.

None of you have lives.
This is child endangerment. These are just a few examples of some of the stories I have read about child endangerment and abuse. Where was your outrage for these kids? Many of them didn't survive.
He didn't pour water on her and beat her.
He didn't seal her in a wall with bricks, depriving her of food and a bathroom.
He didn't put her in a oven and turn it on.
There is a story of a little 5 year old boy who died of heart failure. He was beaten to death.
The story haunts me everyday. So this talk of child endangerment in connection with Brady is ridiculous. There are children who spend every minute of everyday in real danger and no one cares until they are dead.

Brady needs to shut down this social media garbage. This is not a society you should have in your business. All people do is sit in judgement.
Or how about an everyday one that gets plenty of airtime this time of year, forgetting or just leaving your child strapped in a carseat while the parent runs a "quick" errand.

None of us is there at that spot and knows what it looks like in real life and how many people per hour jump off of that ledge. I'm sure people are jumping off it (and kids) all day long every single day. It looks exciting and dangerous but I'm sure in reality Tom Brady is not gonna do something to seriously risk her or his life. The world is exciting and dangerous. take a risk once in a while. Sheesh.

It's time to take a lesson it parenting. What did Brady's kid learn on the precipice. She learned to face her fears. She was taught that she is stronger than here fears. Her father is will always be there to protect her and be an active participant in her life. She won't be a bubble wrapped kid who never gets to experience life.

BTW- if that was "child endangerment" than any one who takes their kid in their car is guilty.

BOTTOM LINE - It was interesting to note that the person who make the first negative comment was some who never had any comments on her remarks until she made THIS one. In a sense it IS Brady's fault for putting it on instagram in the first place. He is always going to be an easy target for those more interested in getting clicks than getting it right. So after not getting any comments on her remarks for weeks, she ended up with almost 200 on this one. I hope Tom learns this lesson, which ISN'T not to jump off a cliff with his daughter, but to keep it off instagram.

I am very happy with the skin I am in and enjoy the planet I inhabit. Life is indeed a joyful adventure for me as well.

With all that out of the way, I still would have been more careful if I was standing over there with my daughter (who is 8 years old) to make sure she was ready to jump and explain to her that she can't yank her hand back last minute which could cause either or both of us to get hurt.

Thanks for your tirade and explaining the two types of people.

To me it's self-evident that things could have gone wrong and ended badly and thankfully they didn't.
That's true every minute of every day. We all manage that risk as we see fit. I expect Tom has good judgement, especially with his daughter, and decided it would be an experience for her that is worth the risk.

I am very happy with the skin I am in and enjoy the planet I inhabit. Life is indeed a joyful adventure for me as well.

With all that out of the way, I still would have been more careful if I was standing over there with my daughter (who is 8 years old) to make sure she was ready to jump and explain to her that she can't yank her hand back last minute which could cause either or both of us to get hurt.

Thanks for your tirade and explaining the two types of people.

To me it's self-evident that things could have gone wrong and ended badly and thankfully they didn't.
Oh jeez

source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back